A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)

Go down 
+15
Evedas
Alexandria1
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Mesor
Arcanum
Alexander
Sir Vinson
Laisha
Ser Varys
Sigwald
Mordred
Psychozoa
Isabel Tenorio
Pravenstern
Jing Ming
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigwald

Sigwald

A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty08.03.13 5:28

Oke a valid point.

But, I still don't like using mechanics for something like this.. as you can simply RP it if you wish to have things known by others/want to know what others did.

Edit:
If you want people to know you've won a tournament, write a song about it. Want to know something about someone? Send one of your NPC's on an information gathering mission.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty08.03.13 5:35

My view is that you're all over thinking this. >.>

We're only dealing with a few dozen characters, counting NPCs. Does X know Y? It's a simple judgement of what Y has done, and whether X knows about it. That's the way I've see it dealt with in all other RPs I've been a part of. <.<
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty08.03.13 5:38

Quote :
If you want people to know you've won a tournament, write a song about it. Want to know something about someone? Send one of your NPC's on an information gathering mission.

Great idea.

You may also write songs about stuff you didn't do and get the same renown (with lower "r"). You're not being forced to be a honest and shining white knight. Although people who suspect something might challenge you to see if you're really as good as you say.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty12.03.13 5:22

Quote :
Practitioners may carry 4 knives / bombs / needles with any of the below applied effects in addition to their usual equipment allocation.

Is it 4 knives and 4 bombs and 4 needles, 4 knives or 4 bombs or 4 needles, or 4 of anything i mean lets say 1 knife, 2 bombs, 1 needle?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty12.03.13 5:34

The latter
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty22.04.13 10:07

Can a PC borrow weapons and shields from their NPC's?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty22.04.13 12:42

Why would you want that? Isn't your sword master crafted?
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty22.04.13 17:28

Arcanum wrote:
Why would you want that? Isn't your sword master crafted?

technically I don't have a shield.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty16.05.13 2:14

Hey can I ask how come Silvermist Rangers are no better with bows then a griffon archer or an eventide ghilmen when Silvermist are meant to be the best archers in the world except the Noldor?

It seems to kind of take away the entire point of Silvermist Rangers if every other orders bowmen are as strong as them and most have more WP as well, even more so when a crossbow does twice as much damage, it seems to leave Silvermist Rangers at a massive disadvantage in ranged combat and they already have a disadvantage in melee and WP compared to most others.

A single crossbow hit will kill a Ranger in 1 hit while a ranger would need to land at least 3 hits so even with the 1 turn cooldown a ranger would need to score 3 hits in a row and manage to block or evade 2 attacks.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty16.05.13 2:40

hm, interesting question. But when we look at the Pendor (alternative) history, we see a seriously weakened and impoverished Silvermist ranger and enriched veccavi influenced Griffon archer.

Still, perhaps the Silvermists should have an advantage on that field. (if they manage to do the magic meditation thing at the start. Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty16.05.13 3:05

Well being impovished can have 2 effects so it's possible they'd weaken I suppose.

But the most common effect on a fanatical populace if they are losing is they become even more fanatical, in that respect they'd focus even more on what the Noldor taught them and would have become even better archers.

The second result is far less likely but thats when the entire populace's will is broken and they collapse and degrade, but since the order played the long game infiltration other groups and cities to bring itself back that tends to support the first option a lot more then the second.

But this gives me an idea, I need to expand on my characters back story a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty16.05.13 3:21

I must admit I forgot about the little fact that they were allowed refuge in Elecrai itself. Thought they just hid somewhere in the bushes with the occasional visit from a Noldor.

That begs the question, did the Noldor trust a once power-greedy Order enough to grant them acces to their knowledge, craftsecrets and pea-soup?
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty16.05.13 3:31

Well they granted access to the hidden city of the Noldor, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes.
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty16.05.13 3:33

Quote :
pea-soup

Pea-soup with tree leaves.

On to the bow-xbow, will it be better if Bow grants the PC 1 additional Speed, and 2 for Masterwork, to compensate the lack of damage.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty16.05.13 3:38

Much as I'd love that I was looking more at the order as a whole, the best archers in the world outside the Noldor should have some advantage over other bowmen in archery to demonstrate that fact.
Especially given they already have less WP so it's kinda a matter of kill them fast or die. Though I think my bowmen get better range? Since if I remember correctly Silvermist used longbows.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty16.05.13 4:32

The IC answer:

Spoiler:

The OOC answer, if you wish to know it:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty16.05.13 4:37

What about the Silvermist being no better archers then any other but having less health?
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty21.05.13 6:03

un an unrelated note:
How much does it cost me to repair Aelos' Heavy Armour?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty21.05.13 6:08

Anything that isn't fully destroyed will be replenished after the event. IE, a keen sword is just as effective in the next event, no matter how many people it cuts down in this one, while a killed horse is gone for good.

As for repairing in the middle of the event... I'm unsure. Someone with the wealthy trait could just pay for it in directly (non-existant game-wise) coin. Renown costs... Mordred, Jing, Laisha?
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty21.05.13 6:40

Quote :
Anything that isn't fully destroyed will be replenished after the event. IE, a keen sword is just as effective in the next event, no matter how many people it cuts down in this one, while a killed horse is gone for good.

Common-sense also applies. If someone disarms you in a duel on a narrow bridge over the ocean, then your sword is pretty much gone.

Quote :
As for repairing in the middle of the event... I'm unsure. Someone with the wealthy trait could just pay for it in directly (non-existant game-wise) coin. Renown costs... Mordred, Jing, Laisha?

I'd suggest: wealthy trait can pay any repair, and master blacksmith can repair anything.
Renown costs: 30% of the original value
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty21.05.13 6:53

Jing Ming wrote:

I'd suggest: wealthy trait can pay any repair, and master blacksmith can repair anything.
Renown costs: 30% of the original value
So, I could patch up Aelos' armour if given the tools?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty21.05.13 7:42

Yes. Wink

This might also be an incentive to not buy that last retainer you can afford in the future. Decisions Decisions!
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty26.05.13 3:56

Great info on Barclay! Didn't know where else to praise it, so it ended up in here.

I'm looking forward to 'Tercio de Villavicosa VI' and his overpowering of the eastern shores... or some other event that involves Barclay in the future.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Merula

Marcus Merula

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty26.05.13 5:11

Excellent work...
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty27.05.13 3:38

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next