A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - Windholm at War

Go down 
+11
Isabel Tenorio
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
William Alatin III
Klaus Witz
Pravenstern
Sir Lucius
Ser Varys
Sir Vinson
Arcanum
Laisha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty04.03.13 9:16

After entering the room, Gilaver stared at the map intensively. The captain was right to be concerned with such numbers, even 600 was a lot, militia or not. When Klaus started to talk, Gilaver listened through it before adding his own comments.

"I would also like to inquire about the strength of the troops loyal to the Duchess."

If it was even possible, Gilaver's demeanour turned even more serious.

"Sir-captain, do you hold it possible that the rebels and loyalists could be put to negotiate?"

Gilaver didn't elaborate yet.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty05.03.13 19:10

Captain Jorm shook his head. "My apologies, sir knights. If I may be honest, becoming captain of the guard doesn't quite prepare you for war. But we must make do."

Parsing through the barrage of questions, he finally spoke up when he seemed to figure out a way to handle them. "From what we can determine, the rebels are an alliance of sorts between two different groups. One is the "citizens' militia," led by a self-styled captain by the name of Barbarossa. They are primarily made up of commoners, the "stupid poor," as you termed it. They are the undisciplined part I referred to before. However, we have little doubt that many would come to their aid if we attacked directly.

"The other group is a smaller, but better armed and trained force, mercenaries and a few knights from the nobles who joined them. They're led by Conrad Valdor, who sent the messenger. He's the leader of the merchant's guild of Windholm. He seems to be the closest thing they have to a central leader. Better than that Barbarossa, at any rate.

"They're trying to seize control of the city without direct confrontation. They outnumber us, but they know we're better trained, even split up as we are. It's how they managed to sieze our posts in the Common Quarter and Palatial Road. They've been trying to push our men out of the Duke's Wharf and also cross the bridge to the slums. They've failed at both, so far. And I'd hate to say it, but our numbers are spread too thin for my liking. I doubt they realize how close they are to their goals. Hopefully we can prevent that from happening."

Jorm walked around the table as he spoke, pointing at various locations without elaborating. He furrowed his brow as Gilaver spoke. "I believe we have the numbers to put the rebellion down, except for the fact we're spread out. 150 men at the wharf, another 150 at the bridge and 300 around the castle. It's been impossible to coordinate, though. As for peace...it's possible. I'm here to protect the people of Windholm, not slaughter them, but I won't abide the chaos they're causing either."
______

There was silence for a moment, before, "Hold there!" issued from above.

A few moments later, the large, heavy door creaked open followed closely by a torch. After a moment's pause, ostenibly to see if the torch was going to be attacked, a man wearing a wyvern's helmet stuck his head out of the door. Finally convinced that Vinson was telling the truth, he walked out entirely as the door opened wider.

"Knight brother! It seems our prayers have been answered. It is good to see you here. The city has been in chaos for days and we've been growing concerned for the Bishop's safety."

[OOC: I'm going to hold off with Lucius. Vinson will probably be in the church already when he arrives. Yay trying to keep slightly disparate timelines straight in my head!]
______

Rayvs' small Eventide detachment made it's way into the city along the suggested route. High Street was easy enough to find and follow, even sparsely lit as it was. Even the Artisan District was easy to find; unlike the city before, it was well-lit, though not particularly busy. It also seemed unscarred by battle. What did become difficult was finding his destination. It might have served the knight well had he probed for a slightly more specific answer as he and his men marched up and down the roads, lucklessly seeking directions or a clue.

One could say things were even worse for their shadow. The Ebony Glove had slipped the defenses easily enough and had even made it to the Artisan district without losing track of the Eventide. Among the criss-crossing roads, staying hidden became more difficult as the knight's constant turning threatened to reveal her presence. It wasn't long before one of those attempts to hide made her knock a stack of barrels, a stack which fell on and around her, knocking her unconscious and alerting the Eventide to...something.

[OOC: I ended up listening to Yakety Sax while writing this. You're welcome.]
______

The Dragon's under Sir William began the march into the city. Unlike others, they marched boldly up Palatial Avenue. To their right, on the grounds of the church, they caught sight of the ambush that Sir Vinson fell into. It seemed a prime location to meet with the citizens' militia. Before they could do anything, however, torches flared up around them as the Dawn just moments before, briefly blinding the Dragons.
______

The guard speaking to Ser Morek considered his questions carefully. "Well, I suppose the safest route would be to take the high road. I know the rebels only patrol there occassionally, so it's generally fairly easy to get through without being ambushed. If only that was true all the way to the wharves," he muttered. He made eye contact with the Cross knight again. "You're looking for a place in the northern part of the district. Can't say I've ever gone there from the direction you're going, though, so you'll be on your own with finding your way."

Shortly after, when the plaguewarden finally returned, he told Morek said, "There were some badly injured people in there, Ser Morek. Untreated burns and lacerations, especially. They told me that only two or three men were needed to see to the wounded in a timely manner, though. With enough supplies, of course."
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty05.03.13 23:25

Aelos tried to print the map in his mind, focusing on the markings and the places Jorm spoke of as important. When he was confident he'd remember it he spoke"

"Captain, the Dragons are on their way to stop the militia and I'll join them now. But before I go and seek out your post at the Palatial road, I must ask you if you can spare any more men. Although my men have quite the posture, the commoners might be more frightened if we combine it with numbers."
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty06.03.13 6:27

Morek sent the man back to get three of the plaguewardens he had sent earlier, with instructions to leave their medical supplies there and return. he was also told to tell those remaining behind that they should return within a day or two at most. He didn't have to wait long before the 4 of them returned, only leaving them a knight and plaguewarden down from when they had entered the city. Deciding that wasting any more time would be a foolish thing to do, Morek led the group out of the barricades and towards High Street, their destination the Northern part of the Artisan district. The men carrying torches gave them enough light to see by without entirely removing the men's night vision. His men took the precautions their Captain had told them seriously, every man that wasn't carrying a torch had their hand on their weapon hilt, ready in case something occurred and those that had them had their shields strapped to their arms.

Morek led the contingent with his Conquistadors at his shoulders. He had ensured that his men were spaced out enough to provide some room between the men but not enough so that an impromptu shield wall from paguewardens couldn't be made if the circumstances required.

The three plaguewardens entrusted with keeping an eye on the woman that had asked to accompany walked one in front of her and two behind. They kept her near the front of the group so they were close to Morek.

Last edited by Arcanum on 06.03.13 6:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Blasted Typos)
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty06.03.13 10:34

Rayvs snapped to attention, hand on his sword. He noticed a stack of barrels had fallen over, and gestured with his head.

"Must be a cat.." Rayvs said with uncertainty.

When no animal showed itself, suspicion emerged among the knights.

"Haroun, follow me closely. Not a sound. Terstine, run back to the guard and ask for directions."

He leaned over to Terstine and whispered something into his ear.

"Go. Now."

Grasping his sword tightly, he walked toward an alley and stopped when he saw a spider crawl out of it. With a look of disgust and fear on his face, he backed up and turned around, back toward the barrels.

"Change of plans. Haroun, you check out the alley."

He turned his head, but out of the corner of his eye, he saw a corpse in the alley. It had a spider symbol on it...

Snapping his head back, Rayvs drew his sword out and pointed it at the alley. Nothing was there.

Haroun looked over with a weird expression.

"Rayvs? Are you okay?"

Rayvs shook his head.

I must be tired...

"Go. Check the alley."

Rayvs walked over to the barrels, and searched through them.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty06.03.13 15:04

Klaus listened carefully to the answers of the captain, cocking his head slightly in concentration and nodding from time to time. As the two groups were mentioned, his eyes swept over areas of the map momentarily as though guessing the territory of those involved.

"I have idea" Klaus stated confidently "but I must make talk with my superior first, as he is in command of the Griffons here" he finished, walking over to Gilaver, and planting his back to the other knights in the room began to mutter under his breath.

OOC : Going to continue the whispering in our chapterhouse, GM's can tell you if anyone would overhear anything.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty06.03.13 23:35

William raised his hand to try and block out the light

"Dragons hold you arms! Men of Windholm we have not come as adversaries, but guardians of peace!"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty09.03.13 7:38

Seleucia, along with her retinue, marched towards the Church of Astraea. Despite their small numbers, the Shadow Legionnaires marched in formation. Two Legionnaires took each flank, marching one behind the other. In between those four Legionnaires were four Marinus marching side to side. In the middle of the Marinus marched another Legionnaire and Seleucia.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty09.03.13 7:48

Captain Jorm's eyes popped slightly. "They're what?"

Before any more clarification could be made or the Griffons could finish their deliberation, one of the city guard burst in. "Sir, we have a problem! Many detachments of knights have left the line, but we've seen the Dragon and the Dawn get surrounded by the rebels. Should we send support?"

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Jorm said, "Reckless...prepare some men to move out. Try to get a better picture of what's going on, though! I don't want to charge blindly." He cast a weary glance at Aelos. "Looks like your men have forced my hand."
______

The Dragon contingent was surrounded by dozens of commoners, many with farming tools and other makeshift weapons. Several moved too close to Sir William's horse, however, their weapons too close to it's face. It reared unexpectedly, throwing the Dragon commander off and knocking him out.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty09.03.13 8:31

Gilaver looked at Klaus.

"Well, seems that our strategy might have to wait. However, for the second part, get the captain's permission."

His voice turned into a whisper, not too different from Klaus' previous tone.

Spoiler:

His tone changed back at normal again.

"Do you think we should join these rescue missions?"
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty09.03.13 9:55

Alatin's men were shocked at their commander's fall and would've prepared for a slaughter if not for Aelos' second to claim command immediately.

"People of Windholm we are not here to fight you!" Karstan said it loud enough for everyone to hear. His faceplate was open and his shieldarm signalled the other twelve Dragons to protect Thane Alatin while forming a closed formation.

Karstan focused on the large number of commoners and decided to take off his helmet entirely,
"We brought Senderfell Ale?"

the mention of ale made Alm grab for his remaining flask. Surely he didn't mean his Ale?

___

Aelos sighed, although he hadn't expected anything else from the proud Thane, he trusted Karstan to at least try and solve things with his experience in negotiating commoners to calm down after their lords wronged them. That wasn't uncommon in Ravenstern these days.

"Captain, let me lead those men. I came here to negotiate with the commoners and your city watch could ruin the attempts of my veterans to do so."
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty09.03.13 14:37

Klaus look up in surprise at the interruption, but restored his composure quickly. Catching Gilavers whisper to him, he nodded to the senior Griffon and approached Captain Jorm. As he left Gilavers side, he muttered quickly;

"This is good chance, the troubles will make movements more natural, I go with Jorm"

Then more loudly, he called to the captain as he walked over to him.

"Herr Jorm! I will come with you, and we will save the Dragons. We all come to Windholm to make order, no?"

In a lower voice he added;

"I would make talks with you while we march, I have idea."

With that, he made his way to the door, and moved down the stairs to rally his men and make ready for the move.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty10.03.13 18:25

Jorm nodded to the present knights and left the room. Nodding towards Aelos, he said, "I'll let you take the lead, but I command my own men."

Outside, Jorm gave several commands before another soldier approached him. "Captain! We're not sure what's happening at this point. The Dawn moved on some time ago, but the Dragons are surrounded right now!" He pointed to a cluster of torches down Palatial Avenue.

"Damn." The captain shook his head again. "Form up and prepare to move out! Hopefully your negotiating skills are worth something, Dragon knight."

While they marched, Jorm lent Klaus his ear.
______

The commoners stood in silence for several moments around the Dragons. A few sounds of assent could be heard among them at the mention of ale. However, a man, clearly in charge, forced his way forward.

"You're not here to fight us, you say?" he asked, his voice aggressive. "Sorry if I don't believe you. Knights generally don't march in force anywhere without the intent to fight."
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty15.03.13 9:09

[OOC: Still kind of need Aelos' lieutenant to react, you know....]

As Jorm's column made it's way to the surrounding dragon's, Klaus and the captain spoke in hushed whispers between each other.

"We should discuss this more when we've returned from this," he told the Mettenheimer. "And I still don't want to make any major moves before the--"

He was cut off as a shout from one of the men turned their eyes to the right. On the grounds of the church, a new group of knights, not easily recognized over the distance, was surrounded by torches. "Can this night get any worse?" muttered Jorm. His furrowed brow hinted we wasn't sure how to act to this new problem.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty15.03.13 9:57

"You call this a force?" Alm laughed through his faceplate.

Karstan showed himself a more subtle man as he remained calm and focused on the man that had spoken.

"Generally when we march to do harm, our numbers would be closer to this city's guards. However, you have only thirteen knights in front of you, and their commander unconscious on the cold ground. Let's not color the streets red with eachother's blood tonight, but accept the Dragons of the north as your champions in this conflict."

[ooc: Karstan is Aelos' lieutenant.]

Edit: I forgot about Aelos/

Aelos had been silent through the preparation, but when they informed him about the situation the Thane got himself in, he spoke

"Captain, Thane Alatin is a proud man and I cannot be sure reinforcements won't scare the militia. I'll approach them alone and must request you to wait until I have judged the situation."

Although he waited for an answer, it seemed obvious that he was eager to give his courser the spurs and join his men.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty16.03.13 5:02

William gave a slight groan through his faceplate, muttering a thousand curses on various aunts, uncles, and cousins. He staggered to his feet to stare dumbly, them angrily into Alm's faceplate.

"Alm! Where the hell am I!?!"
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty16.03.13 5:27

Alm lifted his faceplate and looked at the Thane in disbelief.

"Thane Alatin! You fell from your horse, but we're still on the same spot. Karstan is trying to solve the situation..."

He had spoken rather soft while bend into Alatin's direction. Careful not to involve others and take the attention from Karstan.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty16.03.13 15:19

Klaus looked up at the intrusion, glaring at the glare of the torches. Absently he nodded at Jorm's last words.

"Herr Jorm, I would make suggest that you send some scout, but not a whole force. That is church, they have own soldiers, no? It is strange custom you have here. Church with private army. Mad. Regard, this could be ruse to split our own force as we go to aid Dragon. Church not belong to duchess, not your problem."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty17.03.13 1:29

William shook his head and lifted his faceplate. Ah yes it was all coming back, the rebellion, the smoking city, then a blinding light and suddenly thud.

"Apologies Alm, I must've hit my head a little hard."

He turned and faced the crowd as he listened to Karstan.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty19.03.13 17:41

Captain Jorm regarded Klaus for a moment. "You could be right." He called "halt," but only quietly, enough so that the order could be passed down the line in the same hushed tones.

He looked to Aelos. "As could you. Ride forward, then, but be careful. Signal us if your people are in trouble."

He turned back. "Defensive formation, everyone. We hold here for now."
______

"And what reason would we have to trust you?" asked the group's leader. He regarded the Dragon's and Karstan carefully before looking past them. "From where I'm standing, it looks like you've drawn us out to be attacked by the guard!"

Though it wasn't readily obvious, a handful of torches could be seen moving in concert up the dark street, illuminating groups of people. Though who was in the formation wasn't readily obvious, they were marching from the Duchess' line.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty22.03.13 7:59

The hooves from Aelos' courser could be heared before the Dragon came into the light of the torches, where the other Northmen recognized him instantly because he was still without his faceplate. Karstan smiled and offered Aelos his spot at the imaginary negotiations table, wich the knight-Captain immediatly took.

"Citizens of Windholm, Captain Jorm is waiting for my signal to attack. If we can solve this matter and cease hostilities, his hammer does not have to hit your anvil.." suddenly Aelos realised something and turned to Karstan.

"Where's Thane Alatin?"
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty22.03.13 8:40

Klaus nodded to Jorm and returned to his own men. In a quiet voice he commanded four greatswords to hold either flank two on each side, with the archers in the middle of the group. He then returned to Jorm's side, the archers and remaining knight clustering around them protectively, and waited.

Ooc : I assumed that Jorm was in the centre.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty22.03.13 14:29

William walked up to Aelos and said

"I am here, I had a nasty fall earlier but nothing to be concerned about. We have a much bigger issue on hand" He gestured to the people around them.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty23.03.13 23:35

"mount up, William. It's time that we help these people." Aelos said.

The Dragon knights were still in the good defensible position Karstan commanded them in earlier, waiting for the militia to respond.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty24.03.13 13:35

William mounted his horse softly scolding it as he did, he turned to face the people, hoping for the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - Windholm at War
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next