A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - Windholm at War

Go down 
+11
Isabel Tenorio
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
William Alatin III
Klaus Witz
Pravenstern
Sir Lucius
Ser Varys
Sir Vinson
Arcanum
Laisha
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty
PostSubject: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty21.02.13 20:02

Several soldiers had been posted outside of the to keep an eye out for Clarion Call knights. As each knight detachment passed through the gate, the soldier in charge informed them that Captain Jorm had departed for the post early and directed them to follow the road.

The trek was relatively short. To the right, Windholm Castle loomed above the city, perched on its high hill. To the left, rows of buildings, largely those of nobility, lined the street. The knights occasionally passed one that was damaged or destroyed, but the buildings were largely intact.

Upon reaching the Raventstern Road, the knights arrived at a brightly-lit area filled with soldiers and militia. A crude palisade had been built on the near side, manned by sentries looking out into the dark city beyond. Indeed, with a few exceptions, Palatial Avenue and the grounds of the Church of Astraea were dark. Another soldier was waiting for the commanders of each knight detachment, asking them to enter the corner house to meet with the captain and “a guest.”

______

The Dragon knights, per Sir Aelos' suggestion, marched some way along the road, following the light of the torches, before they started to turn off of it. However, before they could proceed farther, several nearby soldiers noticed the Dragon company's movements.

"Sir knights! The captain's command post is along this road! No need to head deeper into the city, particularly on a dark night like this."

[OOC: I want to write more, but I figure I should cut it short here just so you guys can do things like give your troops quick orders and so forth. Now with more Dragon knights!]
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty21.02.13 20:24

After agreeing to the soldiers request Morek glanced about, as far as he could tell things were better in the city than he had imagined; no rows of wounded and everything wasn't on fire. At least not here. Turning back to the column of men behind him, he gave his men a confident smile.

Alright, we're in the city at least, so there's that. Don't get yourselves too comfortable, I expect we will be moving out into the city in short order. Until we are I want a some of you to ask around about what the situation is, get the common soldiers perspective while I go have a talk with the higher ups.

Tucking his burnished silver Great Helm under his arm, Morek walked across the courtyard into the house, stopping inside and announcing himself.

Morek Valran, Knight-Captain of the Radiant Cross reporting. Whom am I addressing?
Back to top Go down
Sir Vinson

Sir Vinson

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty22.02.13 7:13

Sir Vinson walked with Lucius to the gate to collect their men. He moved to adress his own.

"Knight-brothers, you will remain at camp here until further notice. A runner will contact you each day. If three days pass with no word then make haste to the Hold and notify the Order that the city has been taken by the Heretic and must be purged."

He signalled his Wyverns to form up. "We will be making our way to the Church. It is currently unreachable due to blockade from the rebels. They will part for us or earn Astraea's justice. If they cooperate we may spare them. If not then they shall be cut down. We will move quickly and use the darkness as our advantage. Should it come to combat, we will support and combine with Sir Lucius' men. Understood?"

The Wyverns signalled with a disciplined grunt in unison and remained in formation for Sir Vinson's order to move. He looked to Lucius to see how his preparations fared.

Once both forces were ready Vinson would lead the Dawnites towards the Church, giving his forces the order to halt when asked to go to the house. He frowned with annoyance. "There is little time for meetings while the Holy Church is under siege. This must be expedited."
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty22.02.13 8:41

Rayvs turned to Haroun.

"You'll be in charge of the knights helping the Duchess. I'll take 2 knights and 3 retainers with me, and we'll begin the search for our friend."

He headed off into the city, towards the Palatial Avenue.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty22.02.13 9:25

When Knight-Brother Lucius arrived at the intersection between Ravenstein Road and Palatial Avenue, he took a moment to study the area around him, especially the Church of Astraea. It quickly became apparent that it would be wise to investigate the darkened building.

When the soldier indicated the small house, Lucius shared Vinson's reluctance. "Knight-Brother, take my men and yours to secure the Church. I'll deal with this... distraction," he told Vinson, though it was meant as a suggestion. "If you encounter the militia, I'd advise you to find an amenable solution; they may yet be of use."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty22.02.13 10:15

After the trek to the meeting place reached the end, Gilaver halted the Griffon forces to stop.

"Men, maintain your guard here. The rebels may strike at any time. Klaus, will you be coming with me to the meeting?"
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty22.02.13 11:21

"Ja, I would like to see this man" Klaus replied with a nod. He then turned to his companions, and gesturing to the retainers stationed them on either side of the road, with the Greatswords covering their front and flanks. Happy with their positioning Klaus turned once more to Gilaver.

"Go first, I follow"
Back to top Go down
Sir Vinson

Sir Vinson

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty22.02.13 17:46

Sir Vinson nods at Lucius. He turns to Lucius' men, pointing at two of them. "You and you. Remain with Knight-brother Lucius for protection. The rest of you shall follow my men in loose ladder formation through the streets; two pace separation. None are to attack unless directly attacked yourselves. Four point men with myself in the middle." Sir Vinson spoke briskly and with the expectations of an experienced commander.

His men would attempt to weave through the blockade and head to the Church at a non-threatening but disciplined pace with Vinson walking in the middle of the columned formation for protection.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty22.02.13 20:36

As per Klaus' suggestion, Gilaver went to the building first.

Good evening to people here. I am Gilaver Gregale, representing Order of the Griffon.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty22.02.13 23:33

"Ah but my good man, we have business further down the road. So if you will excuse us we will continue on our way, we are hardly little children needing a fathers protection."

The Thane drew himself to his full height and began to proceed slowly, he had an intimidating stature to say the least. His broad shoulders, and powerful form would intimidated many a smaller man.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty23.02.13 0:41

Aelos gave the courser his spurs and quickly passed the other Dragons on his way to William where he lifted the faceplate and spoke so only they would hear it.

"William, they might have information about the militia's intentions. Let me go hear them out and I'll join you in a short while."

his courses came to a halt as Aelos waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty23.02.13 0:50

The night was indeed dark, and shadowy figure used it hiding behind one of buildings, watching Knights of the Dragon.

/Gaspar

Last edited by Rivatha Thunion on 02.03.13 23:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty23.02.13 3:26

"Very well then, men we wait here. Aelos, be cautious, you can nay trust anyone here."

William pulled his steed aside, and in doing so thought he saw a slight flit of movement, ach it was his eyes playing trick on him, he knew he should have drank a little less on the way here.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty24.02.13 1:45

Aelos nodded and directed his courser to the captain's command post.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty24.02.13 10:02

For those knights who entered the corner house, they were greeted at the door by Captain Jorm. "Head for the dining room a bit farther in. Things will be explained there."

The knights were directed into a dining room. Inside, a single man sat at the table. Though he was trying his best to seem relaxed, his posture was exagerrated and his eyes trembled as they darted from knight to knight. He said nothing as the new arrivals sat or stood nearby. When Jorm entered, however, the man cleared his throat.

"I-I c-come bearing a--" he began, but stopped short. He took a deep breath and seemed to calm noticeably, though his voice still shook slightly. "Sir knights, I come bearing a message. I represent Conrad Valdor, head of the Windholm Merchant's Guild. He wishes to speak with all of you. He would arrange such a meeting tonight, however, he is otherwise occupied. He asks that you meet with him tomorrow, at dawn, on the grounds of the Church of Astraea.

"This of course, depends upon us not being attacked," he added, looking at Jorm. The latter looked to the knights, however, awaiting their decisions first.
______

As the Dawn began to move, a pair of pickets moved to stop them. However, a brief explanation and desire on the soldiers' part not to tangle with the knights meant they were allowed to pass through. From the blockade, their torches were the only light in the darkness as they marched into the church grounds. They got some distance from the Duchess' line, to the point where it was partially obscured by trees, when they were suddenly bathed in light. Some members of the column flinched away from the flaring up of so many fires. The Knights of the Dawn were surrounded.
______

Thane William's attempt to intimidate the guard proved successful. "Very well, sir. Be careful out there, though. It's dark and the rebels are numerous. They've kept us bottled up here by keeping the city dark like this."

He backed down and the Dragons proceeded into the city. Of course, torches no longer provided guidance past the Duchess' line. The view from the castle said there were many to the west, beyond where the knights could see.

None caught sight of their shadow, who quickly faded into the darkness behind the Dragon column.
______
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty24.02.13 11:16

Morek frowned. Attacked? The rebels would have to be excetionally stupid to try pressing an attack on those barricades now that they have been reinforced by several contingents of Knights and retainers. If there is an attack their killed and wounded are going to be very high indeed.

As for this merchant, why does he want to meet the Radiant Cross? I am here to find a member of our Order and see to the wounded. Every moment we waste is time that cannot be reclaimed, simply tell us where he is and we could go to and meet him now. Morek paused for a moment, as if a thought struck him. Speaking of which, if there have been attacks on the barricades before, where are the wounded? They would fall under the number that I and my men are here to see to.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty24.02.13 16:35

Haroun started suddenly, and left the room quickly, running down the Ravenstern road.

------------------------------------

Rayvs hailed a guard over at the palisade, and asked, "Do you know of the quickest way to the Palatial Avenue?"

Just then, he heard Haroun calling his name from behind, and turned, waiting for Haroun to arrive.

Haroun stopped in front of Rayvs to catch his breath, panting, and then said "Good thing I caught you in time."

He leaned over to whisper something into Rayvs's ear, and Rayvs grinned.

Rayvs turned to the guard and said, "Anyways, directions to palatial avenue would be fine. Or, if you have a map on you, that would be good too."
Back to top Go down
Sir Vinson

Sir Vinson

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty24.02.13 18:14

Vinson blinked his one eye in the light, momentarily blind but kept his wits. His voice rose above any din with the commanding tone his men knew to follow without questions.

"Hold men! We pass in the peace of Astraea if you will it! I'd parley with a leader lest we defend ourselves."

He was serious and intent with his works. He would give a hand signal to his men and they would form into a defensive crown formation if allowed the time but none should attempt to attack.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty25.02.13 7:59

"The Dawn will cover their church, but I need information about the people militia."

Aelos shifted his eyes between both men, expecting a satisfying answer to come his way.

Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty25.02.13 14:13

"You expect to be attacked this night?" Klaus asked, walking to one of the windows and peering out.

"And do you know what your hauptmann wants?" he added, glancing back at the messenger.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty25.02.13 15:29

The messenger looked toward Klaus. "Mr. Valdor felt that caution was in order. One does not normally expect peace when dozens of knights arrive on one's doorstep."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty25.02.13 15:33

Lucius listened to the clearly nervous messenger, studying closely as the man spoke. He had heard of Conrad Valdor previously, but it was curious that he would request a meeting now, particularly because Lucius suspected he was likely involved in the current revolt.

The Knight of the Dawn let the other Knights speak first. "The Dawn will not strike this night unless we are struck first," he stated plainly. "However, our mission must continue. We will meet with Conrad Valdor if we are not preoccupied."

And with that Sir Lucius offered brisk nod to Captain Jorm before proceeding to head for the exit of the small house with his two guards
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty25.02.13 16:20

Morek raised his hand in a hopefully calming gesture to the messenger.

I think you have the Orders of Pendor misunderstood my good man, or at least my own. We do not seek to attack anyone in this city. In fact the Radiant Cross and the Dawn are quite similar in this regard and meeting Valdor. The only way we would fight someone would be if we were attacked first. Hopefully us Knights will be a calming presence in this city, those who oppose the Duchess will likely think twice before making a move against the might of our Orders and the City Watch.

In any case I will agree to met with him at Dawn on the Church grounds as he has requested, but first something has recently come to my attention that I must take care of. Well, two things actually. I still need someone to tell me where the injured are so that we might aid them as well.

Morek looked between the Captain and the messenger with the nervous tic.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty26.02.13 20:20

Jorm seemed to mull over the words that passed between the men in the room, respectfully nodding to Sir Lucius as the Dawn knight departed. "Very well, you have the guard's assurances there will be no attack this night. I should like to join this meeting with Valdor. Perhaps a peaceable arrangement can be reached after all." Turning to leave, he added, "If any wish to speak with me, I will be upstairs." His attention seemed to focus on Aelos for a moment.

"Oh, and Sir Morek, our injured are several doors down back the way you came. Not many of my men are there, but many commoners who were caught in the fighting. Burns have been the most difficult to treat. I hope the Radiant Cross has the means to deal with the injuries." He glanced disdainfully at the messenger. "I don't know about the rebels."

The messenger was still seated and still intimidated. "Well, good. I'm afraid I don't know what Mr. Valdor wants. I'm just here to deliver the message that he wants to meet. Um...good evening." Bowing slightly, he rose and was escorted out by two soldiers in the room.
______

There were audible grumbles of fear in the crowd surrounding the Vinson's detachment. As the Dawn adjusted to the light, they could see there were surrounded by commoners. None were particularly well armed or armored, but their numbers would have made them problematic, regardless. However, they had recognized the Dawn knights and were hesitant to even look like they were about to act.

"Let them pass," called out a gruff voice. "Our problem is with the Duchess, not with the Dawn or Astraea."

The commoners parted before the Dawn, allowing the group to continue through. The rebels began to douse their torches. It became obvious that a few had begun to shadow the knights, though whether for malicious purposes was unknown. The remainder of the walk was short and the church finally loomed before Vinson and his men. The building did not seem terribly damaged on first inspection, but the darkness was known to hide many secrets.
______

"You've been traveling on Palatial Avenue, sir knight," answered the guard to Rayvs. "It continues westward until you reach the merchant quarter. Beyond here, though, it is rebel territory. You should probably stay at the east end of the city, at least until morning."
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty27.02.13 1:43

Aelos was interested in the stories of those injured commoners, but he hadn't missed the few seconds the man had looked at him.

He decided it would be best if he was to follow Jorm upstairs.

OOC: I must apologize for the mighty short posts of mine. I thought it best to let you rule the scenes entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - Windholm at War
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next