A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - Windholm at War

Go down 
+11
Isabel Tenorio
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
William Alatin III
Klaus Witz
Pravenstern
Sir Lucius
Ser Varys
Sir Vinson
Arcanum
Laisha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty07.04.13 16:27

Before Klaus or John could act on the shadow, Jorm called his men to return to the defensive line. An errant torch swept over the alley, revealing a single, darkly-clad man hiding in it's dispelled shadows.
______

"Ma'am, we're not disturbing the Duchess' sleep on your account. Take it to the post below"--the guard pointed Rivatha to a building at the base of the stairs--"and we'll resolve it as we see fit."
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty08.04.13 7:54

"Halt!" Klaus cried, more as a warning to his comrades than in an attempt to stop the man. As he did so, he launched himself towards him, trying to close the distance as quickly as possible. Sir John, already wary saw the man at the same time, and echoed the actions of his commander.

Although Klaus was only trying to startle the man into non-action for questioning, he was ready to attempt to tackle the man to the ground should he try to run.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty08.04.13 17:24

Soin, not expecting the momentary revelation of his presence, wasn't quite positioned to run. Slow to start running away from the Mettenheimer, he stumbled on a crate concealed in the darkness, sealing his fate as he was seized by the Griffon.

[OOC: I feel like doing more with this, but I don't think I can without trampling potential player decisions.]
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty08.04.13 19:30

Rivatha headed towards guard post, and as she entered she spoke to first guard she saw.

"Duchess may be in danger, take me to the castle, NOW" said Rivatha with commanding voice.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty09.04.13 13:18

The guards inside the post looked up at Rivatha with varying levels of surprise and bewilderment.

After a few moments of silence, a pair stepped forward. Their bearing was more confident than the others.
"Miss, we're among the knights responsible for the Duchess' safety. If there is trouble, you should bring it to us, instead of demanding entry to the castle."

A casual glance at the corner revealed heavy plate hanging on the wall, emblazoned with the symbol of the Knights of the Lion.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty09.04.13 18:31

William pulled his horse to the side suddenly, intrigued by the sudden explosion of movement from the darkness and the fast reaction from the Griffon.

"Whats all this then!?" His hand hovered near the great sword he kept with him at all times. Although this situation could prove interesting there was no sense in being careless.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty10.04.13 0:09

As the fugitive stumbled on the crate, Klaus caught him up and loomed over the prone man. Reaching down, Klaus hauled him to his feet, and threw up up against a wall, his arm held horizontally across the captive's neck, pinning the man against the wall.

"Who you? Why you watch? Speak, fast" he growled, urgency making his speech more clipped than usual.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty10.04.13 2:03

Aelos signalled Wulven, who quickly dismounted and approached the Griffon and his captive. He didn't intervene and his presence seemed to be purely for overhearing their words, choosing not to draw the sword at his side.

Meanwhile Aelos recognized the Griffon Gilaver and directed his horse towards him.

"Sir Gregale, good to see you here as well. Though if I may, that Griffon will sooner choke him to death than get any answers. Perhaps the Dawnites in the church have some better torture techniques..I'm sure they're quite good at extracting information with fire. "

Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty11.04.13 8:29

At first Gilaver didn't recognize the rider. Then he started t think and his brain removed the horse from under the man. It was then that Gilaver could claim to have recognized the man.

"Greetings to you too, Sir Aelos Odheas. It is somewhat calming to see a familiar face here. I trust Klaus' ability to get information from the stalker without killing him. Then again, dress him as a squire and give him to me and you'd have a gasbag in half the time the Dawnetes would take."

Gilaver turned to look Aelos at eyes.

"Any news from the north?"
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty11.04.13 8:57

Aelos was sure that Gilaver spoke only truths, remembering his defeat by the Griffon last summer. A man of skill and knowledge, for he had almost discovered Aelos' real ancestry.

"It's quiet and peaceful in Ravenstern. There's no need for us anymore, so we decided to help those in need."

Aelos looked as if he regretted it for a moment and added something a moment later.

"The people of Windholm have not welcomed us and the Lions concern me. Did they not kill an Adalhard King?"
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty11.04.13 9:17

"Peace is always the ultimate goal to work for. One can only hope it will last."

A flicker of frown entered Gilaver's face when Aelos mentioned the people.

"The commoners live in a different world to us. What we see as helping them, may seem tyrannical to them. Lions are problematic, but as long as they do their part in stabilizing the city, I don't mind them. While they killed a king, they were legitimized by another, and we follow the decisions of His Majesty."
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty11.04.13 9:29

"I guess even the Adalhards can make mistakes. The Lions have raided Ravenstern since before the unification and are not welcome in the north."

Aelos looked around over the large number of armor clad men and his eyes searched for an Inn or something the like where they could rest until morning.

"Where will the King's men sit out the hours until dawn?"
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty11.04.13 9:33

Gilaver didn't seem to be worried.

"I've been meaning to ask the captain about the possibility of joining his men in terms of shelter. Morale, practicality and all that. However, he seems to be rather occupied..."
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty11.04.13 9:42

"There was an Inn around here somewhere that had a Ravenstern look about it. King Gregory IV fought over Windholm a few times and It seems our culture has left its mark on the taverns."

At this Aelos turned his horse around again and rode back to his Dragons and Thane Alatin.

"Until dawn, Sir Windsword."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty11.04.13 13:21

"What have the Griffons informed you?"
He said as began to walk his horse down the street in the general direction of the church, however should other lodging present itself he would gladly accept. He did not trust those torch waving fanatics. Then again Aelos frequently reminded him that he did not trust anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty11.04.13 18:06

"Nothing useful. We won't get anything out of that spy ourselves, so we'll have to trust Wulven's ears."

Aelos looked at the scene of the Griffon lifting his prey.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty11.04.13 19:45

Soin tried to break the grip by any means, he didn't spoke tough, but it was clear he was thinking rapidly, but then took a deep breath, as much as it was possible with hand on his neck, and finally spoke.

"Someone who is making sure that you don't hurt common people, so far you showed positive results."
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty12.04.13 12:29

Klaus glared at the man as he mumbled his excuses. Moments later, Sir John came alongside, his hand on the hilt of his sword, eyes darting around the alley.

"Look him" Klaus commanded, not looking away from his captive. Sir John glanced at his commander trying to discern his words, but on seeing the hilt of a blade on the man's belt, understood the order. He unbuckled the man's belt, pulling the full scabbard away. Holding this between his legs he began to pat the prisoner down expertly, checking the ruffles in his clothes and other hiding places like any good Griffon knows. He came away with a set of throwing knives that he tossed on the ground as he found them. Satisfied, he stood back, and drew the blade to check its edge, nodding his head in appreciation.

"Keen, this one knows how to keep his equipment in top order" he remarked.

"Do not hurt common man?" Klaus asked, returning his attention to what the man had said "Do you work for rebels? Remember we are Griffon, we are trained to see lies".

Klaus released the pressure on the man's neck slightly to let the man speak more easily, while Sir John drew the sword entirely, and gave it a couple of practice swings his eyes never leaving the captive as he did so. Soin caught his eye momentarily, and Sir John gave him a smile which was most chilling, and the knight gently wet his lips with his tongue in relish at some unseen fantasy.

(OOC; results of gear check I got from Rivatha via PM)
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty12.04.13 17:42

Soin smirker confidently. One could judge that either he was speaking the truth, or he already had a good story in his mind.

"No i don't."
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty13.04.13 1:12

Klaus frowned as the man's smile grew more confident, clearly getting annoyed by him. He then glanced over at his companion and the sword he was swinging around.

"Pass me sword, and hold him" he commanded, holding out his free hand, and stepping back when Sir John moved in to grip the captive himself, his hang#ds grasping the man by the shoulders, and keeping him pinned against the wall. Klaus then buckled the scabbard around his waist, and drew the sword himself, scratching the edge with his gauntleted hand.

"If not rebel, then who? Your useful is getting less fast" he asked, drawing the sword fully "If you no answer good, then maybe I give you to Gilaver, he is dark man. More cruel than me. Last chance."
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty13.04.13 1:35

"But i already answered this question, Sir Knight, certain someone isn't sure about your motives in this city, so i am just making sure that if you hurt any of common people without need, it will be noted. "

"I am yet to do anything to offend or hurt you, and i wasn't planing to,so i think it would be wise you don't either."

Before Griffon knight spoke tough, Soin added.

"Oh and if you wonder who this certain someone is, thing is you are as good without knowing it. My.." Soin paused for a second searching for good word "Leader doesn't want to tarnish his.. or her reputation, because, obviously, using spies is not a honorable thing to do, but desperate times require desperate measures."
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty13.04.13 1:46

"Spying on men, armed with those tools is enough" Klaus snapped, kicking one of the throwing knives with his boot.

"You are danger, I do not know your allegiance, and in rebel city this bad. You refuse to tell me, this worse. You also threaten..." Klaus shook his head.

"Bring him Sir John, I have enough. Herr Gilaver can have his turn"

Sir John expertly spun the captive around, and pulling Soin's arms together proceeded to bundle him towards the protective circle of light. Klaus led the way to where Gilaver stood along with the other Griffons.

"Herr Gilaver, I am soldier, new to Griffons. You better at intra... ina... asking question. I think we bring him with us tonight, and make him talk, ja? He has already admitted being spy, though he not say for who."

He then stepped in closer, glancing around to make sure he was out of ear shot of others.

"I had hope to make him work for us, but he say he not rebel. If true, then he not any use..." Klaus shrugged as he stepped away again, his meaning was clear enough.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty13.04.13 3:45

Wulven ad listened to the 'interrogation' from up close and figured he knew enough when the Griffon brought the captive to his commander. Within moments the scout of Aelos' party was back on his horse and adressed both his captain and Thane Alatin.

"He's a rat. Slipping through the darkness to report movements and actions. Didn't tell who his master is though."

Aelos frowned and looked over at Gilaver,

"Sir Gregale will get him to reveal it, but I'm not sure if he'd share it. What do you think, William Alatin? Should we keep a low profile until we know more?"
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty14.04.13 8:31

Gilaver had to admit, he was slightly disappointed that Klaus didn't get anything else from the man. The man was wasting their time this way, something that bugged him.

"Very well, I'll try to get him talk. However, let's move to a better place to rest for the night. The darkness makes acting difficult and risky, and I would rather be in the meeting early."

Gilaver spun around to face the other Griffons.

"Tie up the man. Make sure you have taken any hidden weapons away from him. Standard body search procedures, everyone."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty14.04.13 17:59

"Yes I believe we should keep to ourselves for the time being, I am unsure of what course we should take at the moment. Scouts, we need to send out scouts, to find the position of the other knight hood orders. Alex!"

A rather small knight on a powerful courser, unusual for a Dragon to ride, rode up to them, William whispered into his ear and the knight nodded.

"Aelos do you have any men you would send on this mission."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - Windholm at War
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next