A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - Windholm at War

Go down 
+11
Isabel Tenorio
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
William Alatin III
Klaus Witz
Pravenstern
Sir Lucius
Ser Varys
Sir Vinson
Arcanum
Laisha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigwald

Sigwald

IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty14.04.13 18:05

"With all due respect, Thane Alatin. We know that they'll be at the Church of Astraea in the morning."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty14.04.13 18:12

"All of them? If you can tell me for a fact that all men from the orders will be there then we won't send the scouts"

William seemed uncomfortable, he was rather eager to send this scouting party. Uncharacteristically eager perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty14.04.13 18:53

"Even if not all are present, scouting at this point is useless. Though I shan't stop you from commanding your own men as you see fit."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty15.04.13 14:47

William nodded "We ourselves will remain low key until we find lodging"

Alex rode off into the streets
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty26.04.13 6:42

Rivatha looked towards Knights of Lion, she clearly wasn't satisfied she had to deal with them. But after few seconds she took a deep breath and said. "I member of Ebony Gauntlet and i have information that there could be an assassin or spy in the castle, and i ask you permission to search for said spy, and interrogate him. I assume you will go with me, but i would like to have access to all rooms but the ones private to Duchess."

EDIT: Belia made her way to the tavern where other Gloves were meeting.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty13.05.13 17:06

The Lion knights glanced at each other then looked at Rivatha again. "And how did someone like yourself come up with this information?"
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty13.05.13 18:21

"That's my job to find such information,it comes from streets of this city, and could or could not be relibiable.I rather not take any chances, especially with the situation the city is in."
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty15.05.13 13:38

One of the knights walked to the others inside the guardhouse.

"We thank you for the information, ma'am," said the other. He scratched his head. "For obvious reasons, we can't let just anyone into the castle. But any other information you would be willing to provide would be most welcome."
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty19.05.13 4:09

"It is me you consider just anyone? Well i guess that's your excuse which i won't be able to dismiss without wasting to much time.That's all I got at this point." Rivatha headed towards exit.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty20.05.13 5:23

Those manning the post didn't make a move to stop Rivatha from leaving. One knight watched her go, eyes alert for duplicity.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty21.05.13 5:05

From the choppy waters of the bay beyond Windholm, a dark figure stood upon the prow of his barque. A spyglass pressed to one eye, he scanned the chaos that was the city before him, a wide grin across his face. A large gathering had caught his attention, many torches, men on horseback, words being exhanged by the looks of it. He couldnt tell what was going on from this distance. He collapsed the spyglass and jumped down from the foreward railings.

"Tamir! Half sail, bring us into port! Nice and steady!"

Standing now by the rudder, Kharad watched his depleted crew set about their tasks, making preparation for landfall. His band were pitifully small now, he observed. The Vanskerry were to blame for that of course, but they had won the battle in the end and claimed their prize. That, in Kharad's eyes, was worth the sacrifice. As piles of weapons, armour, riches and miscellaneous wares now lined the holds below.

Before the boat had come to a complete halt at the wharf Kharad had leapt down from the deck and onto the dock. He clutched eagerly at his scimitars as he looked around. The signs of battle and unrest where evident wherever he looked.

"What a delightful mess" he spoke to himself, rather pleased with the chaos that was laid out before him. He looked up toward the castle, grinned, and pulled his finger across his throat, making a gutteral cutting sound. He turned and called up to his second in command.

"Tamir! Get the ship berthed and secured! Send out a couple of the boys to find Rayvs! Im going further into the city to find out what the comotion is all about! I move faster by myself so I wont be needing any company!"

Before his lieutenant could respond Kharad was bounding off across the deserted dockyard toward the Church, for that seemed to be where this gathering was occuring.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty22.05.13 5:12

As Kharad marched across the docks, it became apparent that the place was hardly deserted. A galley not far away was docked with several black-clothed figures. A ship of the Shadow Legion, no doubt. Only they bothered to keep their sailors in uniforms.

A large force of men, and women, was camped not far from the docks. It was difficult to tell what precisely this force was... some seemed well armored and others wore peasants clothes. Clear enough was the mass amount of weapons. Some had pikes sticking several meters above their head, while others had large axes over their shoulders.

As the Corsair continued his walk, he noticed men approaching him from the side. To a sailor's eye these men were unmistakably Vanskerry, as if a non-sailor couldn't tell it already.

One of the heavily bearded men, who held a two-handed and double-headed axe over his right shoulder, took a few steps faster than his comrades.

"You!" the man stated, in his unmistakable Vanskerry accent, "What're ya' doin' 'ere in Wind'olm? Ya don't look like that Amala bitch. Not tha skirt or tha arse!"

The Vanskerry men laughed along with the tall man's joke. A quick count revealed that there were six, each lightly armored, but well-armed.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty22.05.13 6:21

Rivatha gathered her gloves in they alley and sent all 4 of them in various taverns to scout for rumors while she herself entered the tavern near the castle herself, and approached bartender.

"Have you heard any interesting rumors regarding the rebellion lately?" she asked while looking at the food and scratching her chin, she was trying to show she was deciding what to pick.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty22.05.13 12:39

Kharad stopped in his tracks when he heard the Vanskerry speak. With his usual overconfident swagger however, and with both hands on the hilts of his blades, he sauntered casually over to stand before them.

"You insult me my friend, for I believe I have a rather nice arse!"

He stopped before them.

"As for Amalan bitches, well...ive known many. Not too sure what one you refer to"

Kharad grinned at them, just to emphasise his joke.

"Me? I come at the request of my Order. The Eventide if you must know. Something to do with a small problem the Duchess seems to be having..."

He trailed off as he looked around at the devastation.

"Ultimately, I suppose I just came to join the fun! Cant allow people like yourself to have all the credit can I? Anyway, who's side do you claim for then?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty22.05.13 12:55

The Vanskerry chuckled at Kharad's first comment.

"Ain't like that sea bitch. I'da stayed in Amala to sail with 'er!"

The man kept smirked as he lookeD Kharad over.

"Eventide, eh? Got orders tah stop yah. E'ery knight's gotta talk to the cap'n. 'e's gone now, up to a tavern for ale."

He motioned Kharad forward and turned as well, preparing to walk with the knight himself.

"Ain't no secre' we're all 'ere for Conrad Valdor, one'ah'our own, ya know. 'is father might ah been a trader, but blood's blood, right?"
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty22.05.13 13:07

"Ah tavern eh? Seems that your captain knew I was coming! Lead on then, friend"

Kharad fell in beside the Vanskerry and began a slow walk, both hands still upon his swords, as always.

"Windholm makes a far uglier scene than I had anticipated. Do the people truly despise the Duchess so? I'll admit, I have little love for nobility either so I can sympathise with their plight"

He took a deep breath in through his nose and filled his lungs with the smells of the city.

"The smell of burning wood. Such an old companion. How I love it! Care to give me a brief explanation of events?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty22.05.13 13:27

The other Vanskerry men walked a very short distance behind the two men. Pendorians are a tricky sort, and Order knights are all the trickier... tales of Eventide treachery and vengeance for raids reached every Vanskerry settlement.

"I woul'n't know. Whole damn city's in revol' though. Somethin' 'bout gold. Ain't much of a leader from the looks ah things. Few skirmishes back'n'forth. Big meetin' with Conrad and the Lady. An' that Amalan bitch, quite a mouth on 'er. She put in a few days ago, takin' up space with 'er flimsy galley. Cap'n'll tell ya more if'n he pleases."

After the walk they arrived outside the tavern.

"Cap'n likes it 'ere, got an eye for a barmaid too, so keep yer 'ands off her!"

The Vanskerry laughs deeply once again, and stops a few paces away from the door, motioning Khadar inside.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty22.05.13 13:32

Kharad grinned widely.

"My friend it is not me trying my luck with her that you have to watch for. It is her trying her luck with me!"

He reached down into a pouch at his waist and pulled out several gold coins and placed them into the Vanskerry's hands.

"Here, get you and your boys some ale down you when you got the chance!"

He proceeded into the tavern shortly afterwords.

Back to top Go down
Marcus Merula

Marcus Merula

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty23.05.13 6:10

Marcus Decimus Merula stumbled around in his moderately heavy armour, his family sword dawdling on his waist, on the look-out for anyone who could tell him where his commander was. Being the adventurous sort, he chose an uphill climb; up, up he climbed, until he arrived to an inn of sorts. Several armed men, some looking important, stood right outside of it. Maybe they can help me.

Marcus moved closer, knowing every inch of his power, and hoping fervently that nobody would realize the futility of it so far from home. Though he had some funds with him, he practically had no influence in Windholm. On that regard, it was very much dangerous grounds for him to walk around in, much less using his fake influence. He had to find his commander - there was no other way, as he saw it, to reliably get to know what had happened within the city before his arrival.

"Ahem." He directed it to the man with the odd accent. He seemed important.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty23.05.13 9:22

The Vanskerry men looked the knight over sternly.

"'nother Order? Yah look like tha' sea bitch. Whaddya wan' now?"
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty23.05.13 9:35

Slipping into the town through an open gate whilst the guards were busy talking with a collection of traders Alexis did what every visitor to a new city did and headed for the nearest tavern she could find.

Entering it a short time later she scanned the room for a moment before her eyes settled on a man with a pair of dark gloves who was standing at the bar and remembered briefly that those gloves were one of the few distinguishing characteristics of those who served the orders Gloves.

Deciding to be careful Alexis motioned for 2 of her companions to take the table in the far corner of the room where very little light reached and the third to head into the city before slipping silently up behind the man and poking him lightly with the tip of her sword beneath her cloak and hissing quietly.

" You should be more careful, if I was your enemy you would be dead now without ever having seen my face. I need to speak with your commander and discover what he has learnt of our task in this town. Kindly join me at my table Glove and do not make me come back over here to drag you, it would be embarrassing for both of us. "
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty23.05.13 17:59

"Knight-Commander Alex? Of course." Answered Gaspar with slight bow.

Once they sat at the table Gaspar spoke.

"If to be generous i don't know for sure where commander Pascal is, we were sent to scouting missions across city, commander went to the church grounds, he could be there."
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty24.05.13 0:28

Removing her helmet Alexis smiled brightly at the man and began twirling her long brown hair around her finger.

" I could have guessed as much you silly man, half the city is talking about the gathering of important peoples sitting at a table outside the church.

Foolish if the rebels should decide to crush the reinforcements quickly as all they will need to do is attack the church.
"
Back to top Go down
Marcus Merula

Marcus Merula

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty24.05.13 2:42

Marcus pulled back in revulsion, but soon regained his composure. Then he laughed, heartily, upon hearing the fellow's interpretation of his commander.

"Where is the sea bitch?" he asked ironically.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty24.05.13 2:45

The Vanskerry sneered a bit in his response.

"At tha church with Valdor, I s'pose. Yah get lost?"

He turned to walk away with his fellows, and muttered.

"Pendor'ans, ain't got sense ah direc'ion!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - Windholm at War
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next