A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - Windholm at War

Go down 
+11
Isabel Tenorio
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
William Alatin III
Klaus Witz
Pravenstern
Sir Lucius
Ser Varys
Sir Vinson
Arcanum
Laisha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty27.02.13 4:58

Klaus looked to Gilaver, seeming to hesitate for a moment but then coming to a decision.

"Herr Jorm!" he called, following the guard up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty27.02.13 10:18

Morek nodded his thanks to the commander before exiting the building and heading back to his men, placing his Great Helm over his head.

Alright, I've found where the wounded are and was tld someplace we ought to go as well. So this is what we are going to do. You, you, you, you, and you. Morek pointed at a Knight of the Cross, and four Plaguewardens that were average to above average medics. There are wounded in the a house a few doors down. See to them. According to the Captain inside they should have aminly burns, so I suggest using the unguents that are made from the Knight Lotus root extract.

As the men headed off to find the wounded, being guided by the directions of Captain Jorm via Morek, he addressed the rest of his men. Alright, we head out into the city. Remember, if we are attacked fight back, I'm not losing men to this city if I can help it.

Morek got the attention of a passing militia man and asked directions to a certain place in a certain part of the city.

[OOC: is that too vague?]
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty27.02.13 12:00

Rayvs nodded.

"One more thing. Where is the Artisan District?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Vinson

Sir Vinson

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty27.02.13 18:38

Vinson signaled his men to halt at the front of the church and keep their eyes outward for the apparent followers they had. He took a long look at the state of the church before signalling Lucius' men inside.

"Two teams, one of six and one of five. Make a patrol of the church ground and ensure all entrances are properly sealed. Return here as soon as you are finished. Do not linger."

He sent his men off with a nod. One team went around one side of the building, the other the opposite side. He and his scout went to the door to gain entrance to the church.

Last edited by Sir Vinson on 01.03.13 3:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty27.02.13 22:40

Hooded man was watching knights of dawn near one of the buildings, but as soon as commander gave order to halt and look around, man made sure to hide entirely behind building so he wouldn't be seen.

/Pascal

Last edited by Rivatha Thunion on 02.03.13 23:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty28.02.13 0:54

Gilaver listened to the explanation in silence and contemplation. He was rather relieved that a peaceful conclusion could be found, but the situation by itself was highly suspicious. The church was under control by the rebels, and they could be planning to ambush the knights. They couldn't beat the orders in an open battle after all.

Gilaver caught Klaus' brief look but didn't act on it. Instead he rose up after the young lad turned at the stairs and followed him to talk with the commander. He would let Klaus' begin, however.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty28.02.13 3:54

The Thane began to pace, very few things truly got under his skin, but waiting was one of them. He continued pacing, there were things to be done, negotiations to be done, battles to be won. No, no he must wait and control himself, he was representing Ravenstern after all. He sat on pile of rubble and looked out at the smoke rising in the city. Waiting, waiting, waiting.... Perhaps I could go a little bit out to scout?
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty28.02.13 16:21

Sir Lucius quickly left the small building, not wanting to leave his Knight-Brother without every available man for longer then necessary, particularly since the militia intended to use the Church of Astraea as a meeting place. He didn't intend to create any issues between the Knights of the Dawn and the militia—in fact, they might even serve Astraea's purposes—so Lucius wanted to be there in case anything happened.

With his two bodyguards, he made his way to the church grounds, hoping to avoid any entanglements with the other knights and soldiers around the area, just as Sir Vinson had done earlier. When he finally crossed into the darkness, he ordered his two men to light their torches sheath their weapons and rapidly approached the church.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty02.03.13 19:19

The few knights who joined Captain Jorm waited at the door as he made his way around a large table. A map of Windholm was laid over the top. Several thick clusters of markers were tacked and placed on the map, with others scattered across it.

"Huh, you'd think knights would be interested in the tactical elements...." he muttered, more to himself than anyone present. "Very well. Currently, we're not entirely sure where we stand. What we know for sure is that the rebels are primarily made up of the commoners. They aren't disciplined soldiers, so their numbers seem to increase and decrease by the day. As a result, we haven't been able to pin down their exact numbers. Our scouts' estimates range from six hundred to well over a thousand. It doesn't help that our forces are split, of course...."

Jorm seemed to lose focus for a bit as his eyes darted between three clusters in particular; one on the castle, a second labeled the "Duke's Wharf" and the third on the bridge.
______

The doors of the church stood before Vinson and his scout. There was some damage to them, though in the light of their torches, it was impossible to tell if the damage was new or from the abuse of time.

Suddenly, a voice called out to them from above. "Halt! Your approach and surrounding of the the church has been observed. Come any closer or breach the sanctuary and it will be considered an act of war against the church and Astraea Herself!"

Meanwhile, back at the intersection, Sir Lucius had little trouble bypassing the Duchess' line. It seemed that no one was willing to tangle with the Dawn knights, if only because there was little reason to. Along the path to the church, however, it became increasingly apparent that the three knights were being tailed by shadows moving the darkness.

______

The soldiers speaking to Rayvs let out a small sigh.
"I suppose I'm not going to stop you from leaving, am I? Well you're the one taking the risk and I suppose knights could handle the danger better than anyone. The artisans reside in the center of the city. They're right by the merchant quarter, in fact.

"However, if you asked me, I would say you should travel south along the Ravenstern Road here," he said, pointing to the left. "Follow it until it becomes High Street and it should take you right to the Artisan District."
______

The guard from before returned to his post, cocking an eyebrow in surprise at the presence of the Dragon knights.

"Sir...I said you could go," he said hesitantly and with more than a little confusion.
______

"The Artisan District?" answered the guard to Ser Morek. "It's simple enough to reach up the road. Problem is that nearly all of the city around it is controlled by the rebels. You could easily be ambushed while trying to reach it.

Last edited by Laisha on 02.03.13 19:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot the Radiant Cross! D:)
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Sir Vinson

Sir Vinson

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty02.03.13 22:27

"Hold, Knight-brothers! We would never mean ill-will to our own. My men clear the grounds as security detail. I am Sir Vinson of Kulum, Knight of the Dawn. We are here to reinforce your bulwark and commit my men to Astraea's justice. Bring an envoy and see yourselves."

Vinson stood with patience to hear their reaction.

Last edited by Sir Vinson on 03.03.13 8:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty02.03.13 23:52

Morek asked the guard a few more questions, about small details of the area, suggested routes to get there that wouldn't go through too many confining areas, street names and what the building that he was seeking looked like. After getting all the information that he could about the area, rebels and routes he returned to his men.

Alright, we're headed into the city. Pay attention and don't slack off. If we are confronted, let me speak first. If we are attacked you respond with as much force as you need to. I'm not losing men to this city. Every other plague warden will have a torch, everyone else will have their hands on their weapons at all times, though please try not to be obvious about it.....

A number of plaguewardens drew their torches from their packs as the Radiant Cross party headed towards the gap that had opened up by the Dawn. The torch holders tapped the unlit ends to one of torches providing illumination, preparing themselves to move out.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 0:10

Young Woman, with brown hair in dark robes, approached Knights of Radiant cross, she looked nervous.

"Excuse me Sir, i need to get to the city to my brother, and i am so afraid to travel alone in these dark times, may i please travel with you for a bit?"

/Melka

------------------------
Young Woman in robes, with light blonde long hair approached Knight of Eventide, she looked slightly afraid in sight of militia and Knights..

"Sir are you heading towards artisan district? I really need there and i would ask to travel with you, i promise i won't be a burden."

/Sarah

------------------------

Hooded man watched building in which Knights of Griffon entered.

/Soin
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 0:59

Aelos looked over the Captain's map while he heard about the state of the revolters. The three clusters seemed paramount to the rebellion and couldn't be lost, but he hadn't come to secure the Duchess' soldiers.

"Captain, what can you tell me about their leaders?"

Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 3:36

Rayvs looked at the woman and frowned.

"Best wait for our second party. This is an extremely dangerous mission and road; I can't guarantee your safety and I won't allow someone to die with my group, so no. I suggest waiting for the second party of men; tell them Rayvs said "the mist rises with the eventide', and you should be able to tag along."

He turned to the guard and nodded.

"Thank you, and we'll take your advice."

Rayvs began to go down the road, with Boadice, two knights and two retainers.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 4:13

Woman watches Knights of Eventide go, and she said to guards "I guess i rather wait for those knights in tavern, eh?" and she walked away.Once guards were out of sight Sarah tried to get over barricades unseen, and continue follow knights of Eventide.

/Sarah

OOC: I will leave it to you, Laisha to decide wether Sarah managed to catch up with knights or get over barricades. I understand that you already got a lots of work here, so no need for extra dialogues or much of situation description, just did she managed to catch up or no if it doesn't burden you to much.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 19:33

The pair of Conquistadors moved in front of the young woman who had approached the Radiant Cross and stopped her from coming any closer, though Morek noticed and heard the fuss and headed over.

Mautista, Eran, is that any way to treat a lady? Morek had a friendly grin plastered on his face beneath his helmet and it crept into his voice, though as he saw her attire he couldn't help but be reminded of the group of dark clothed people who had been amongst the gathering outside the gates. He rested a hand on his Morningstar, though his stance made it appear as if it was only a habit.

You want to find your brother eh? I suppose that is a worthy enough venture. Where in the city are you headed? And If you come with us I can't guarantee that you will get through entirely unscathed should we run into trouble.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 20:00

Melka stared at guards nervously. Then she said to Knight "Sir, i wouldn't want to disclose information about my brother.. not yet at least, please." She gave guards another nervous look "But may i ask where are you heading? I am going into city anyway and it would be safer to travel at least part of the way with such valiant knights as you are."

/Melka

Last edited by Rivatha Thunion on 03.03.13 20:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 20:29

The Conquistador on the right gave an amused sounding snort at being called a "valiant knight". Morek ignored him.

My lady let me be frank with you. We are going into a very dangerous area, and we might be willing to bring you along, something that would likely hinder us more than help if it came to a fight. I would think it would only be common courtesy to give me some information. We are heading through the artisan district to a location past it. We might stop overnight there in a tavern to wait for light however.

It wasn't entirely untrue.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 20:36

Melka looked at guards nervously one more time "May i come closer?"

/Melka
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 20:45

Morek shifted his weight for a moment, beginning to regret deciding to carry his shield even behind the barricades.

Of course.

The two conquistadors took a step back, letting her through as the rest of teh party bustled about, readying their equipment to move out. A few of the Plaguewardens who had finished gathered around a few steps behind their leader and tried to pretend they weren't looking at the woman who was speaking.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 20:50

Melka once again, nervously, came closer to knight and whispered to him.

When she steped back he said
"Please take me with you."

/Melka
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 20:58

Hm....

As much as he hated to admit it, Morek wasn't usually one to sit back and let people that asked for help down. Judging by how a few of the plaguewardens gave him a nudge in the back and voiced their opinions, nether were his men.

Fine. You can go with us if you choose. On one condition. He held up a finger.

One. You do as I say when I say it. We'll take you with us for now, but this is not an offer to help you find him.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 21:02

"Of course, thank you Sir."
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty03.03.13 21:08

Morek nodded his helmed head before turning and pushing through the group of plaguewardens behind him, giving them some instructions, mainly assigning a trio of them to keep an eye on her once they began moving. The Conquistadors gave the girl a final look too before following Morek as the group drifted towards the barricades in preparation to leave. Morek also sent one of the plaguewardens to find the group that had been attending to teh injured to see if they were coming or had to stay.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty04.03.13 5:00

Klaus entered the room, his mouth forming a question but when the captain began to speak, he shut it with an audible click. As he spoke, Klaus moved around the table, and looked down on the map taking in the information shown, and noting the positions of the markers in his mind. When the captain trailed off, Klaus looked up at him expecting to hear more, but instead found the man gazing intently at the three positions.

"We must make talk between groups" Klaus stated, prodding the map with a finger in each of the three positions "Can we get men through to give orders, or should we set up something more, what is the word... special? Like flashing mirror or smoke?" he paused a moment, looking closely at each position in turn.

"If I may ask some more informations Herr Jorm?" the young man asked with another glance at the man, though he did not actually wait for an answer.

"Where do the rebels come from? What do they attack? If they are from the artisan or merchant classes, then we can expect less attacks on the businesses in those areas. If it is the poor, then they will burn anything because they are stupid. When are there most rebels? During the day, so no-one works, or at night when they are drunk and happy? I hope the second, because they will be far more determined if no. Are there any citizen militias forming to protect, how do you say, small groups of buildings? Could we make ally with them?" another pause, and his quick eyes halted on the far right of the map.

"How important are the slums? Is it a source of mens for the rebels? It is isolated, and so the most obvious place to secure first, especially if we control bridge and castle."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Windholm at War   IC Scene - Windholm at War - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - Windholm at War
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next