A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Stables

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

IC Scene - The Stables Empty
PostSubject: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty21.02.13 20:03

Captain Seph watched as the other knights brought their horses to the stable. Of course, none of them were the man he was looking for. He was sure it was only a matter of time before Lord Wulfred came out of the city to retrieve his horse. The stable hands acknowledged him as they tied up and watered the last of the steeds and locked the gate behind them.

It wasn't clear how much time had passed in Seph's vigil when a creak caught his ear in the midst of a light breeze. The stable's gate had swung back open.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty21.02.13 20:23

Captain Seph hearing the sound turned to stare at the gate hoping that Lord Wulfred had finally arrived to collect his horse and whispered quietly to his men to stay out of the way unless called for.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty24.02.13 10:58

Despite waiting several minutes, there was no sign of Lord Wulfred or anyone else for that matter. The only thing that seemed obvious was the occassional snorting of horses along the stable's edge. Strangely, the horses seemed to be doing so down the line, the next one snorting several seconds after the previous.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty24.02.13 12:46

Sighing loudly Seph decided to see what was drawing the horses attention for himself.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty26.02.13 18:26

The horses seemed slightly agitated as Seph approached. In the dim light of his torch, not much was readily apparent. Perhaps the only odd detail was the strap that should have been preventing the horse's escape seemed to be dangling a bit too loosely.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty27.02.13 4:21

Seph backs away quickly drawing his bow and putting an arrow onto the string while looking around him then motions for his men to spread out and search the area.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty27.02.13 22:37

There was a figure watching from afar, between buildings, when one of knights drew his bow, she made sure to retreat to even more safer distance.

/Belia

Last edited by Rivatha Thunion on 02.03.13 23:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty02.03.13 20:01

As Seph's men spread out, the stable grew eerily quiet, save for the snorting of horses, further disturbed by the Clarion's sudden activity. It was clear that those closest to Seph were no longer tied up as they slowly backed up or turned around.

Without warning, another horse, at the edge of the torch light, reared up, though it was still tied. Blood splattered its immediate neighbor and the wood as it toppled to the ground. The loose horses immediately panicked, reared and began to run. Their hooves became a dangerous obstacle course for the knights within.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty02.03.13 20:08

(( My men are all mounted right? I posted that as the last action in the other thread before this one began, that they all mount up at the stables. ))

Seph dodges towards a wall and motions for a trio of knights to move between him and the rampaging horses to use their own mounts as a barrier.

If any horses move to attack Seph before they arrive then he shoots them in the head with his bow.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty05.03.13 19:39

The horses cared not who they ran for or away from. It seemed that a new horse was freed from its restraints second by second, as the stables descended into total chaos. Several managed to find the gate and run out. Another's blood stained the hay. Two of Seph's knights, riding in quarters too close to be comfortable, found themselves thrown from their mounts and trying not to be trampled by the panicking beasts. The third barely managed to keep his mount calm, but was jostled and even kicked by a rearing horse. However, they succeeded in protecting their commander.

As the panic died down, yelling could be heard from outside as more horses escaped through the unhinged gate.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty05.03.13 22:43

Seph grunting in annoyance mounted his own horse and once his own men had done the same he set out around the stables to look for any sign of the man who had set them free motioning for his own men to search every inch in or around the stables and bring anybody at all that they discover to me.

He drew his sword and shield as he did so incase of another attack.

Last edited by Mesor on 07.03.13 9:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty05.03.13 23:42

When horses Ran, Belia used them a distraction to escape stables, she stayed outside stables waiting for knights to make their move.

/Belia
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty09.03.13 7:48

One of Seph's men still lay on the stable floor, clutching his arm. The other who had fallen looked to it as the rest looked around the stable. However, they saw no one, save for the bloody horses on the hay.

The shouting without drew closer until the stable's owner burst through the gate. Beyond, some of the hands could be seen trying to recover the nearest horses. "What happened in here?" he shouted angrily. His eyes quickly scanned the area and he noted the two dead beasts and the weapons in the hands of the Clarion Call. "And what have you done to those horses?!"

He turned back. "Oliver! Get the city watch!"
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty09.03.13 11:24

Seph scowls at the man darkly for a moment before getting his anger under control.

"Somebody released your horses in an attempt to have me trampled to death, it was only due to my brave knights that I survived or you would soon find yourself being dragged away and tried for my death.
Care to explain how somebody was able to slip in and almost kill me in your stables?
"
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty10.03.13 18:25

"Somebody, you say? Well, the only bodies I see are right in front of me." The stable owner was livid. "Well, you just sit tight, we'll let the city watch clear up why you and your men are the only ones in here!"

Torches could already be seen moving up the path from the gate. In seconds, the watchman was calling out. "What's the trouble here? And why are all these horses running about?"

"I'll tell you what the trouble is!" The stable owner interposed himself between Seph and the guard. "I came out here when all the horses got loose and my hands and I came over to find these knights here!"
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty11.03.13 0:51

"Somebody it seems does not like me, the horses were released in an effort to see me trampled to death."
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty14.03.13 18:56

The stable owner sighed and threw up his hands. He seemed ready to say something else, but the guard cut him off.

"This may be so," he conceded. "However, since you're the only ones here, his accusations seem to carry more weight. Do you have proof someone was trying to assassinate you with a...stampede of horses...?" He trailed off, as if recognizing how odd the phrase sounded.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty14.03.13 23:30

" Well you could check to see if any of the reins that were being used to hold the horses in place have been cut. I've been a little busy making sure somebody doesn't try to kill me again to check. "
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty19.03.13 8:02

As the guard walked over to some of the reins, he said, "Whether or not they were cut doesn't mean you're innocent, sir." He looked at the cut straps and looked back to Seph.

"I'm afraid you and your men are going to have to come with me."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty19.03.13 15:32

Natir was attempting to get some sleep when he heard the sound of running horses. He quickly rose to find horses dispersing from the stables. He ordered his men to rise, and mount. Leaving two behind to guard the camp, He set off with his men to the stables. On arrival he see the guards questioning Seph. He dismounted and approached "Hello, what seems to be the problem"
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty19.03.13 18:00

" And why would I do that? Two of my men were injured protecting me when somebody in your town failed to kill me, if I were you I'd be more worried about the fact that you and your men failed to catch whoever attacked me then about wasting time on those who were almost killed.

If you want to know anything you can ask now otherwise I've got work to do putting down the revolt you are apparently incapable of dealing with yourself.
"
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty19.03.13 21:12

"Sir Seph calm down, this attitude will only cause more people wanting you dead. Allow me to handle this."
Turning to the Guards and the owner of the Stable
"I must apologize for fellow knight, he is restless to help calm the riot, which might have caused him to some rash actions. I apologize on behalf of the Clarion Call. As for this incident, we will assist the owner of this stable to round up the horses and to repair the stables, and we will also compensate the owner to prove are good will. We were not to blame for this, but are intention here is not to cause a ruckus, but to assist the City of Windholm and it's benevolent Duchess. If this is agreeable then you [the city guards] may return to your duties, you have enough to worry about already, and if this man [the owner] feels at all cheated he can always call you back."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty20.03.13 5:14

Seph growls quietly for a moment before motioning for his men to prepare to ride and ordering 2 of them to support the wounded men.

" Do as you wish, I intend to deal with this riot and get out of here I have more important things to do then coddle city guard who can not handle peasants with pitch works. "
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty25.03.13 5:50

The guard's eye twitched as Seph dealt out his second insult of the night. However, he seemed to shrug it off as he turned to Natir and said, "Very well. Right now, I can't see any conceivable reason for these knights to have cut the horses loose, anyway. And if they're willing to help regather the horses..."

The stable owner seemed flabbergasted. "But what of the slain horses?! I'm most certainly not paying their owners the cost!"
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty25.03.13 10:25

Bloop

Last edited by Mesor on 26.03.13 4:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Stables
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next