A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Bio (Discussion)

Go down 
+22
Frederick
Shadow-Seeker
Marcus Merula
Kharad Moriendor
Alexandria1
Sir Nickolas
Laisha
Arcanum
Evedas
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
Mesor
Aodh
Pravenstern
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Lucius
William Alatin III
Mordred
Klaus Witz
Jing Ming
Isabel Tenorio
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Arcanum

Arcanum

Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 13:50

I doubt you can dump the horse for extra renown since everyone gets the courser and it's free.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 13:53

Well it was worth asking, if it's not then it's a pain because I was hoping to take Barclay armor right from the start but factoring in the left overs from the 120 used to arm my adventurers I still have enough for that.

So I'm golden either way.

In short my character has a Masterwork Longbow ( If the backstory is acceptable and I spent 3 trait points to make him a Master in rank as well to fit the backstory of his adventurer minions being students who sought him out.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 14:01

I'm sure it will be acceptable, Sigwald's first character had a masterwork longsword right off the bat, so its not like we require the next work of Shakespeare for a backstory to get one if you want it. Razz 

When this event's done chances are you'll have more than enough renown to do whatever you're going to end up missing. If anything.

The concept of a foot archer in the Clarion Call is interesting however, I look forwards to seeing how he does.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 14:02

Does the adventurer start with good proficiency in any weapon skills? It says it varies but in the info below that it doesn't say you get any so I want to confirm it so I can do a final check on my traits. I picked 5 but 3 are bow skill so if I begin with good I can drop 1 of them and replace it.

He's a Tactician, so direct involvement in battles is not likely to happen often more likely he'll stay away from the main battle and pick off priority targets or focus on small actions with big results.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 14:05

If I'm understanding you right, you get the masterwork longbow for free OR 5 traits, not both.

Or maybe I just misread the creation thread and am now talking out of my arse.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 14:07

Adventurer can take an extraordinary weapon or 5 traits so I picked 5 traits. Any player can begin with a Masterwork weapon if it fits the backstory and the backstory is acceptable. Or at least thats how I understood it.

My story is about done now I'm just unsure if the Adventurer grants Good proficiency in any weapons or not.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 14:08

Ah, that makes sense.

Need a GM to ensure we are all on the same page but it sounds right to me. Then again I'm wrong a lot when it comes to technical bells and whistles.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 14:10

My dad was a history professor.

So I know the feeling lol, every single time I said something he had to point out the historical flaws in it. I have no idea how my mum put up with him for 60 years.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 14:29

You can't exchange the free courser for renown, but you don't have to use it either.

The masterwork bow fits into the rules in an entirely simple way. (It's just horrendously complex for some reason. >.>) You get a chunk of renown starting out (180 I think). 120 of that is earmarked for troops exclusively (although buying weapons for adventurer troops counts for this), and the remaining 60 or so can be spent on equipment or more troops. If it's part of the backstory, you can spend the entire 60 renown on a single item that normally costs more.

If you wish to begin with the Master Bowman trait, you can select the Adventurer background and use some of your 5 traits... so Good Bowman, Exceptional Bowman, and Master Bowman. Along with 2 other traits. You may find yourself at a disadvantage with this path though, as traits are the tools you'll use throughout the events... sinking 3 right away on combat is somewhat risky!
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 14:32

Thats fine, I'm looking for a challenge to keep me occupied for a while and my bio which was done first as per the rules revolves around his amazing skill with a bow so makes sense fr him to turn out this way. It'll all come together somehow. I hope.

Just doing the final checks on my Bio now then my sheet is ready to go up.

And the sheet is up, out of curiosity does my armor have to have my orders Emblem on it or can it have no distinguishing marks?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 14:58

You should have;
3WP (2 Clarion Call base, +1 Light Armour)
4SP Archery (Clarion Call base, +1 Agile, +1 Masterwork Bow, +1 Light Armour)
3SP Everything Else (Clarion Call base 1, +1 Agile, +1 Light Armour)
3SK Archery (Clarion Call base 0, +3 Master)
0SK Everything Else (Clarion Call base 0)

The traits and equipment look good to me.

Adventurers
10 Renown base
8 Barclay Medium Armour (price of HA subtracted)
3 Keen Bow
5 Keen Axe
2 Large Shield (price of Shield subtracted)
28 Renown each x4 = 112
8 Renown left over (negligible difference, I just wanted to see how much they cost heh)
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 15:03

Updated, nice I'm all good then just need to get added to the lonely world of Aodh Razz.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 15:06

Have to wait for Isabel or Jing for that I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 15:09

Np I'm making a 2am snack anyway, If they ain't around by the time I finish eating I'll try to sleep and see when I get back on.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 15:14

Yay!

this is a bit late now, but if you want a heavier horsemen option you can go with the Dawn, but that's just if you want you are quite welcome in the halls of the Clarion Call Smile

Although I do take offence at your opinion that horse archers are prone to dying, just read through the last event... I get away from a lot of things I shouldn't of survived Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 15:16

Hah I meant in PoP itself. Every time I use HA they end up impaled on lances. Where as a good firing line of foot archers mows down everything. Until it runs out of arrows and draws it's bad ass 2h sword and goes to town on the survivors. ( CKHO ftw. )
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 15:24

Don't let Aodh fool you, all but 3 of his men were wounded with 1 dead at the end of the 1st event.

*takes credit for it*
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 15:31

but only 1 died and considering the type of fighting they were doing that's quite amazing
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 16:04

Combat is unpredictable. Had things gone badly for Natir, he wouldn't have any named outriders to talk to from the last event. I still grin when I think about how lucky you were.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty21.11.13 16:10

With luck I'll never get into that situation.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty22.11.13 13:45

Things seem to be in order, so welcome to the Dragons.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty22.11.13 13:47

Sorry to be a pain I ended up settle in clarion since it only has 1 person.

Edit : Thank you Isabel
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty16.12.13 15:06

@ Lady Rose

Do you use a shield? If so you'd get it free (broadswords are one handed weapons).

Being a Gauntlet you'd also be able to carry a Crossbow.

I'm not very keen on your beginning with the masterwork weapon (as you'd be getting 50 renown worth of gear), as it seems to be somewhat of an afterthought. Can I suggest you have it as Keen or Balanced (but still call it an heirloom - others have done the same), and then spend the renown you'd have left elsewhere?

Everything else looks good though!

Last edited by Mordred on 16.12.13 15:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Rose
Banned
Lady Rose

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty16.12.13 15:14

I thought a broadsword could also be a 2h sword? But I'll edit it into a greatsword.

As for not master, I'll drop it if you like but I won't be using a shield or a crossbow my characters only weapon will be her sword, I like the irony of a small and delicate looking girl with a 6ft piece of steel to swing around.
The primary reason I chose masterwork was because I wanted to define her agility which other then through the agile trait can only be done with a speed bonus to her weapon which is impossible to do apart from the use of the masterwork upgrade and also as a means of showing how devoted her father was to her given the immense cost of such a weapon.

The spare renown I'll likely just end up doing nothing at all with until after the present mission then spend it all if I have enough from the mission to buy the masterwork upgrade then instead. Theres nothing else thats worth buying equipment wise and since if I read it correctly Keen and Masterwork won't stack it's a waste of renown to buy an upgrade thats effectively going to be made redundant while the odds of balanced coming into play at all are pretty slim so also seems like a waste of renown I could devote to acquiring Masterwork.

Unless I'm very likely to gain 100+ for the mission I'll just keep the renown.

(( Thanks for nudging me Harvey. ))
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty16.12.13 15:23

How about this, lose 2x Knights or 2x Greatswords and I'll let you have the masterwork? I know this is bending the rules slightly, but I think it makes sense in this circumstance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Bio (Discussion)
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next