A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Bio (Discussion)

Go down 
+22
Frederick
Shadow-Seeker
Marcus Merula
Kharad Moriendor
Alexandria1
Sir Nickolas
Laisha
Arcanum
Evedas
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
Mesor
Aodh
Pravenstern
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Lucius
William Alatin III
Mordred
Klaus Witz
Jing Ming
Isabel Tenorio
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.10.13 3:02

The story looks good, Trystan.

There are a few things you need to do, though.  Your character needs a Background and Traits from the character creation thread.  Most backgrounds grant a few appropriate traits, and then you get to pick 3 other traits from the trait list that fit your character.  

Equipment is also purchased with Renown and the prices can be found in the same thread a few posts down.  You have 120 renown that can only be spent on troops, and 50 renown that you can spend on anything including more troops if you wish.  The female character would be best represented by purchasing an Adventurer (a type of troop different from the background called Adventurer as well) and buying equipment for her much like buying it for your PC.
Back to top Go down
Trystan d'Artelion

Trystan d'Artelion

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.10.13 8:02

I have edit.
But I'm not sur about that.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.10.13 10:43

It looks fine to me Trystan.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.10.13 13:11

It looked accurate to me as well.

Welcome to the Dragons, Trystan!
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.10.13 13:55

Welcome aboard mate! See you in Rane. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.10.13 20:55

Quote :
Noble: Start with good in sword and crossbow. Get a free horse (Agniès's horse). Noble knowledge (heraldry, customs, geography)
Adventurer : Pick one extraordinary item, weapon, or horse at character creation (balanced ebony knight longsword)

WP: +8 (order, Noble, heavy armour)
SK: 0
SP: -2

Balanced ebony knight sword (one hand weapon, Character Creation + 5 renown)
Ravenstern plate armor kilt (Heavy armour, 30 renow)
knight shield (5 renown)
Destrier (dragon, free, +3 Charge)

7 Order of the Dragon retainers
1 Adventurer (Snake Tradition)

Agniès de Langevigne
-snake cult pritress armor (light armor, 10 renown)
-Snigalian noble sword (1 handed weapon normal quality, 5 renown)
-horse (free)
Well... I am not sure if this is right. For starters, you have two backgrounds (everyone gets one), and your purchases are somewhat off with prices. Here's a list based on what you have listed:

Trystan (Noble):
- Heavy Armour (Free at character creation)
- Shield (5)
- Dragon Horse (Free due to being Noble)
- One-Handed Sword (Free) + Balanced (5)
Renown left: 40. Also, you have three traits you can still get.

Troops:
- 7 Drakes (49)
- Adventurer (10), all equipment at 1/4 cost.
--> Light Armour (2,5)
--> Sword (Free - already in equipment)
--> Courser (Every PC gets as a Character creation horse - free)
Renown left for troops: 59
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty22.10.13 2:46

Tooootally missed that! Good catch, Pravenstern.
Back to top Go down
Trystan d'Artelion

Trystan d'Artelion

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty23.10.13 6:34

Thanks.
I have made a new edit of my Bio.
But a question.
What can I do with the 40 Renown left of my character?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty23.10.13 6:37

You can:

1. Purchase additional troops.

2. Purchase additional equipment, or upgrade what you already purchased.

3. Save it for after the second event, at which time you might have enough to purchase something more expensive like a village, economic asset, a special horse, or a ship.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty23.10.13 10:06

Seeing as my chosen form of fighting is with a distinct lack of subtlety or finesse, would it carry over if Morek got ahold of a two handed warhammer? 

Like his new SK of 2 would apply to both his morningstar and said warhammer?
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 4:36

Soooo, I saw it mentioned on the PoP forums that some orders are light on players and in the absence of anything currently resembling a social life due to the joys of having just had 2 young children with my gf I decided to give this a try.

Which orders would it be that are light on players?

Also I had a question, how will balancing work between people joining now and people from the first mission? This is just a guess but they are likely to have higher level skills and larger armies which would put newer plays at a distinct disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 4:38

Shadow Legion and Silvermists.

Can't speak for the second.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 4:42

Hmm neither one really fits my style. But looking over the creation info I can always just use adventurers or other non knight units to reinforce the order troops to make a better fit for me.

How short is short on players for those 2 btw?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 4:54

As in there are none for the Silvermists and the Shadow Legion has 1 player that isn't so much a player as a GM tool.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 5:39

Arcanum wrote:
As in there are none for the Silvermists and the Shadow Legion has 1 player that isn't so much a player as a GM tool.
Silvermists are currently unavailable.

The Dawn has one active player,
Clarion Call has one active player,
Shadow Legion has one active GM, so that's a 50%-player.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 5:56

The Shadow Legion really isn't active, even with my quasi-PC.

The Dawn has one, the Clarion Call has one.  The Dragons have 2 (maybe 3, we'll see), the Griffons have 2, the Eventide has 2, the Radiant Cross has 2, the Ebony Gauntlet has 2.

Pick the Order that you like and that will fit the character concept you have in mind. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 6:01

The Cross has 3 not 2.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 6:06

Hmm, Ravenstern is my fav faction so Dragons it is. Even if I'm probably unlikely to use very many knights at all. Now if I can drag myself away from playing SPAZ for long enough to make a sheet I'm Golden. ( Thats a big if. )
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 10:15

Harvey Wagner wrote:
Hmm, Ravenstern is my fav faction so Dragons it is. Even if I'm probably unlikely to use very many knights at all. Now if I can drag myself away from playing SPAZ for long enough to make a sheet I'm Golden. ( Thats a big if. )
Dragons are the way to go!

Now, let me tell you all about our secret plot open a dark portal to Amala and summon the entire snake cult over in one stormy night...Oops, secret is out.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 12:30

Harvey Wagner wrote:
*sniff* *sniff*... okay
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 13:13

Sorry Aodh I really don't get along with light horsemen. They tend to be far to prone to ending up dead.

Although I suppose I could join Clarion and use the non knight units but they're very costly so I'd end up with very few men.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 13:22

I have a query.

Can I dump my characters horse and take the extra renown? I detest horse archers in all shapes and forms and I'm planning to play some form of Archer so the renown would be more useful to me then the horse.

Assuming for the minute thats ok I've completed all but the biography, I did it first as instructed but I want to go a little more in depth. I will be joining Clarion Call btw, I feel a little bad for Aodh all on his own.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 13:45

Aw, we could always use another Dragon Crying or Very sad but the Clarion Call needs more Smile 
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 13:46

I prefer Dragon but it doesn't feel right joining an order with multiple people when others only have 1. But my character is originally from a village in Raven lands so we should get along fine.

Assuming you guys and Clarion fought on the same side otherwise who knows.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty21.11.13 13:48

Well considering that Aodh's character (Natir) nearly wiped out an entire force of Dragons in the last event, I wouldn't get your hopes too high. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Bio (Discussion)
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next