A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Renown Discussion

Go down 
+11
Sir Vinson
Arcanum
Mesor
Sir Lucius
Pravenstern
Psychozoa
Jing Ming
Sigwald
Mordred
Ser Varys
Isabel Tenorio
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty10.04.13 0:10

Good question, I find it likely that Mettenheimers would have the same for when there is not enough space to bring their greatswords to bear.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty20.04.13 3:24

A matter was brought up last week through PMs that has been settled. In between events, when renown is being spent and such, you'll be able to 'trade in' most of what you already have for the original renown cost. Troops, ships, and horses. As always, the story for what has occurred is up to you!

What do you think about exchanging personal equipment?

Forts and the village line cannot be exchanged in... forts are not easily reused, and the villages are very tied to the character.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 1:53

We're fast approaching another step in the process of this RPG: Awarding renown.

The original guestimate was an amount between 70 and 200 per PC, depending on the scope, success, and ideology involved in their activities. The event has gone much longer than expected, and we still have more to complete before we actually get to the renown stage.

How much renown do you think is appropriate at a minimum, maximum, and how much do you want? Were there any (public) actions that you thought would make good benchmarks for certain levels of renown? (Preferably not actions of your own, but list them if you think they were important!)
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 2:24

I'm not going to go into exact numbers due to not having any idea of your beliefs in balance, but I think one of the most important factors in determining the renown gained should be how the order succeeds in its mission.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 3:46

Which is hilarious, of course, because only two orders could be said to have done that at this point. >.> It'll probably be three before the end.

I like it.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 5:36

Also depends if it is an IC reward for achieving the Order's goals, or an OOC reward for maintaining in character actions, and interacting in such a believable manner.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 5:40

It's a bit of both, but we really do want to keep things geared towards the IC. That's why it's a rather difficult matter!

It should be a direct link to actions with the following factors:

Was it successful? Victory is worth more than defeat.

Was it noteworthy? The less well-known the action is, particularly within the Order, the less it is worth.

Did it advance the ideology of the Order? This is the #1 factor, as most of the rewards from renown are from the Order and/or its Supporter(s). Success is less of a matter here.

Was it in line with their goals for this event? This is much more of a bonus than a potential penalty.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 5:45

And..negative prestige? Smile

I think we Dragons managed to disgrace the Order by choosing the wrong side and then losing to the lackeys of the Pendor King and Sarleon nobility.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 5:50

You played well into the bloody minded aggressiveness of the Order ICly however.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 5:51

Prestige penalties are unlikely, but they may come about in the event of direct opposition to your own Order's ideology. Simply losing won't be enough... there is glory in the attempt!
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 5:56

It's a good thing this event hasn't ended though since I still have a chance to fullfill part of my mission then.

Though its convoluted and will take many GM actions -_-
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas

Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.09.13 11:09

"I am Sir Javier Kristoph Doyle, and I have gone insane! Can I have free monies?"

*whistles innocently while waiting for the event to end*
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty12.10.13 15:34

Spoiler:

Okay... this is what we worked with. There were a lot of little things from earlier in the event that should have been worth small amounts of renown, but keeping track of them... erm... didn't happen. We'll try to be a bit more exact with the next event. Still, here it is!
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.10.13 2:11

How can i earn traits towards master of weapon skill? simply fighting with that weapon as much as possible? can i buy training for weapons with RP?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.10.13 2:52

The most direct way that I know of, at this time, is to use your 'take-an-action' to train for it. Jing Ming has mentioned the option to purchase some traits for renown if they were possibly-but-not-definitely earned during the previous event.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.10.13 3:19

I think it depends on a level you are trying you achieve, trainer who can train you to regular/good proficiency shouldn't be to hard to find, and you could buy it with only rp.

Trainer who can train you to exceptional should be harder to get and you can only buy it if you find trainer in RP(simillar way Kharad found noldor sword for example) or other player decides for whatever reason to teach you(of course said player have to be Master in that field).

And finally Master should be only earned via RP actions, doing something awesome with weapon you are learning, or trough specific quest to find some legendary trainer.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.10.13 7:22

Define something awesome.

Does that mean you defeat an insanely skilled opponent ala Wulfric or just hold off a party of attackers by yourself and your trusty weapon?
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.10.13 8:00

I guess what you said, you either get good roll's at the right times (Beating skilled opponent like Wulfric with a dagger SHOULD earn you a advance in a trait, even if it was just pure luck imo) or you very wisely use your weapon and apply other wise tactics(Beat oppnent's one by one by doing something to always tip scales in your favour). Tough i really think there should be other ways, but i can't think of any ;/
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.10.13 8:10

Knowing more about how to improve traits / earn new ones would be nice. I'd love to increase my tactics / command skills.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.10.13 9:01

I'll make another thread for that, since it's definitely something to clarify!

I'll spoil it now: Had someone defeated Wulfred in personal combat, they would have received at least one step up on their combat skill... and quite likely more, depending on just much it was a 1v1 conflict. Not to mention they could have stolen that spectacular sword!
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty13.10.13 10:59

I reduced the renown costs for a few items.

The line of landed assets has been reduced quite a bit... it's now a grand total of 300 renown instead of 500. That's still a heavy fee, but a bit more realistic. The general idea of that was to keep it somewhat uncommon among the PCs. This way it's attainable, but still a hefty investment that will surely leave the purchasing PC a bit short-handed with troops.

I also reduced the cost of ships. Galleys cost 50 instead of 70, and Barques cost 100 instead of 120. That ends up with no refund, as Kharad spent all of his starting renown to acquire the ship at the discounted price (of all his starting renown Razz). Seleucia is irrelevant, so no refund for her either.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty19.10.13 6:38

Just a reminder: You can trade in troops and equipment for the original renown cost between events. It's a bit gamey, but it seems the more enjoyable way overall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renown Discussion   Renown Discussion - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Renown Discussion
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5