A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Bio (Discussion)

Go down 
+22
Frederick
Shadow-Seeker
Marcus Merula
Kharad Moriendor
Alexandria1
Sir Nickolas
Laisha
Arcanum
Evedas
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
Mesor
Aodh
Pravenstern
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Lucius
William Alatin III
Mordred
Klaus Witz
Jing Ming
Isabel Tenorio
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Aodh

Aodh

Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 0:04

This really isn't about being powerful and/or dominant over the other players, it's about role playing and making interesting stories.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 0:07

I know, but if I'm then stuck avoiding fights at every turn because my archers need twice as many hits to kill anything I'm going to get bored quickly.

I don't want to be dominant anyway, I just don't see why archers are so horribly weak.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 0:17

Quote :
archers at all in this are at a massive disadvantage over crossbows.

Only if they insist in wearing heavy gear. The number of attacks per round is related to Speed vs. Speed proportion, so an agile archer may easily shoot 6 times while a crossbowman shoots only once. Considering that order archers usually use bows only a secondary weapons, and also wear heavy armor, a specialized archer actually has the advantage.

A duet of dedicated archer + heavy shieldman is not to be understimated. With the high firing rate, flanking bonus and high armor value, they are very dangerous indeed.

And it's not about individual power, but strategy and RP. All types of characters are survivable if you RP them properly. You wouldn't use a commander-type character for a duel (he would lose, and it's not even logical according to his roleplay), and you wouldn't use a spearman against a pack of Gauntlets. And an archer squad in a plain going against cavalry would certainly die. Lastly, you should also not underestimate the power of teamwork.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 0:27

Meh I guess.

I'll have to just ake my character a Silvermist spy in the Gauntlet, it's not much of a stretch for them to spy on the order they are fighting against.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 1:32

Yay! and then your get my guys almost completely specialized Horse Archers
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 1:38

That would be viable, but you wouldn't really have the greatest access to the best archers.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 2:54

Actually I have an idea for my story and men, if I'm allowed to edit the loadout on my men?
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 4:06

Not sure about the current rule, but earlier only adventurer troops could be customized. That's why they were so expensive.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 4:15

Well not really full on custom, just a couple with bows not crossbows so it's only a minor change.
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 20:01

Now I have to redefine the Ebony. They are not manly man with a polehammer anymore, they are all stealthy women.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 2:31

Hey I'm the only woman Razz the rest of my people are many men in tank armor with broadswords or with crossbwos.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 2:34

Alexandria1 wrote:
Hey I'm the only woman Razz the rest of my people are many men in tank armor with broadswords or with crossbwos.

Don't forget Rivatha Thunion and her gloves.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 2:51

hey I have Light armour too! and a mastery in Archery
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 2:52

Seeing as I dont really understand how Speed is calculated, can I just put anything down and then change it at a later date? Just so I can get my character finished.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 2:57

You could just put a ? and let the GM work it out, I'm not sure on my one but since I got a +1 speed from armor I went with that.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:00

Thats what ive done. Suppose i'll just leave it like that for now. Jing Ming is still refining the combat system anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:04

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:18

As far as im aware you can gain new traits over time yes? I cant really decide which ones would suit Kharad best, but if others can be earned then im not to worried about which ones I choose.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:28

Others can be acquired later. Primarily these will be weapon traits, but under appropriate circumstances other traits could be added too.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:30

So if morek"found" valdors stash of gold and wealth he might gain the wealthy trait?
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:48

I guess, but how would you find it? It's a big world and it could be anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:49

Unfortunately, only adventurer troops are customizable. It's okay to dismount mounted troops and order archers draw their sidearms, but regular Order troops are already established in a fighting tradition, some even according to the lore, and can't simply use something else. So gautlets use crossbows for a reason - piercing power and urban combat-; Ghilmen use bows because they come from D'Shar tribes, Wywerns because they are also Fierdsvain tribesmen, and so on. So, sorry, but changing that is complicated. Besides, allowing a certain troop to equip bows instead of crossbows would open a precedent and soon we'd have halberdiers switching to maces, drakes using spears, and foot infrantry Clarion Call.

Last edited by Jing Ming on 21.05.13 3:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:50

Is it still possible for my character to use a bow?
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:51

Characters are fully customizable and you can be anything.

Troops are not unless they're adventurers (they're more expensive and you also pay for their equipment).
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 3:52

Yeah adventurers are a serious waste of money though.
To get a single 1 equipped to the level of an order knight so they don't just die you could just buy 2 other men instead who will do the job better.
Mines all done then I guess, do adventurers get traits?.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Bio (Discussion)
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next