A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Bio (Discussion)

Go down 
+22
Frederick
Shadow-Seeker
Marcus Merula
Kharad Moriendor
Alexandria1
Sir Nickolas
Laisha
Arcanum
Evedas
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
Mesor
Aodh
Pravenstern
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Lucius
William Alatin III
Mordred
Klaus Witz
Jing Ming
Isabel Tenorio
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty16.05.13 19:49

Well guess I won't be joining after all, with the removal of the Silvermist as a playable faction I have no orders that are any fun to play so I'm out.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty16.05.13 20:08

No sillvermists? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty16.05.13 20:40

Since When?
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty16.05.13 21:05

Since now apparently.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty16.05.13 22:35

Alexandria1 wrote:
Since now apparently.

Euh, what?
If you want to play a Silvermist, no one is stopping you.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 0:52

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
Alright, first off, we've decided to remove the Silvermist as a playable Order for the time being. Their ideology was always a little out of place with the other Orders, and their knights just aren't comparable to all the others.

Which rules me out because the only mounted faction I ever had any interest in was the windriders because they had awesome looking armor, since neither them or silvermist are available I don't have any faction to play that I have any interest in.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 1:09

Well, I've been out for a while and don't know what exactly happened in the past weeks, but I trust Isabel's judgment on the Silvermist.

That said, I have an idea. I'll think a bit more about it and will PM you still today if it's feasible.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 2:57

Alexandria1 wrote:
Isabel Tenorio wrote:
Alright, first off, we've decided to remove the Silvermist as a playable Order for the time being. Their ideology was always a little out of place with the other Orders, and their knights just aren't comparable to all the others.

Which rules me out because the only mounted faction I ever had any interest in was the windriders because they had awesome looking armor, since neither them or silvermist are available I don't have any faction to play that I have any interest in.

You can still haewindrider armor, justincludehow they gotit inthecharacter bio.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 3:42

My character having the stuff doesn't make them a wind rider though and my men wouldn't be either.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 4:17

I suppose that is true. A shame w e lose the new person the day after they join. I may point out theradiant cross isn't a mounted order though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 4:42

They are so not my style though.
By all means Jing, if you have an idea maybe we can make it work.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 7:30

Im not really getting how Speed is supposed to be determined. You just supposed to decide that yourself? I would think that Kharad's would be quite high, seeing as he is a speed fighter who wears light armour.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 7:37

Quote :
Im not really getting how Speed is supposed to be determined

I'm running some final tests and intend to fix the problem of complicated or otherwise unclear rules of our current fighting system. GMs will be posted today and you should expect more info soon afterwards.

Quote :
By all means Jing, if you have an idea maybe we can make it work
I thought about it, it wouldn't work, sorry. You can still join other orders and be a great archer and Noldor lover, you know? I recall king Mordred I was a good archer too, and he liked the Gauntlets more than the Silvermists.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 7:59

Doesn't work, the only other order similar to one I'd play is Ebony and they are in the middle of attempted genocide of the Noldor, I can't really play supporting Noldor with Gauntlets supporting Noldor. It's directly against the entire orders history and philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 8:03

Alexandria1 wrote:
Doesn't work, the only other order similar to one I'd play is Ebony and they are in the middle of attempted genocide of the Noldor, I can't really play supporting Noldor with Gauntlets supporting Noldor. It's directly against the entire orders history and philosophy.

Look, it's really simple.
Silvermists are not a playable faction. So, you think of a different character with a different ideology and skillset, or you try to face the simplicity of it all and join one of the other Orders that aren't opposed to the Noldor, and support archery.

That's that.

Last edited by Aelos on 17.05.13 8:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 8:08

Meh not an option, I can't stand mounted orders and they are worse then useless on foot so making them infantry won't work.

Ebony clashes directly with every single character I have because I always support Noldor.

Radiant has no missile units so that doesn't fit either.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 8:12

Alexandria1 wrote:
Meh not an option, I can't stand mounted orders

Writing a story is sometimes writing from different perspectives. When you join a debate team, you can't choose if you speak in favor or against a subject. Show your skill and creativity in writing, wich I'm sure you have, and try an Order where the knights sit on horseback.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 8:24

The only horse related creativity I have is ways to kill them.

With Silvermist out all 3 orders I like are gone.

So unless I can play the leader of a group of secret traitors in Ebony I'm out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty17.05.13 15:01

Great story Kharad! Really liked the rise, fall, rise, fall and then subsequent rise! A real roller-coaster, heh.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty19.05.13 3:38

Thank you! I was trying to make him as far removed from Celdiur as I possibly could.

Above all else, Kharad is a survivor and blessed with what seems to be incredibly good luck. Its more than likely that his entire life is going to be a rollercoaster!
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty19.05.13 4:28

Since i joined there were 4 pages of this thread.. and now i was out for 2 days and there are 9 o_O

@Alexandra

Order doesn't matter really, hell my character is a spy/assassin/thug in order of Brutes. Imo you can be griffon, dragon, basically anyone and still be basically whatever character you want. The only thing order impacts is that must think of a reason why they let you in, and why they are still keeping you.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty19.05.13 14:22

I can't think of any way to explain why Ebony would accept or keep somebody whos entire view is the polar opposite of the orders, a noldor lover in the order attempting genocide on the noldor. Kind of an issue.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty19.05.13 16:25

Rivatha Thunion was just using that as an example, you can pick any other order not just the Gauntlets, just have to invent a reason why, they would have you
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty19.05.13 17:31

Alexandria1 wrote:
Meh not an option, I can't stand mounted orders and they are worse then useless on foot so making them infantry won't work.

Ebony clashes directly with every single character I have because I always support Noldor.

Radiant has no missile units so that doesn't fit either.
I should probably note that Griffons have had official greatsword and archer detachments since Aftermath. They were trained by Mettenheimers and Veccavians respectively. Klaus for example uses only foot-troops.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty20.05.13 0:00

I know, but Griffon foot soldiers make no sense to me, and archers at all in this are at a massive disadvantage over crossbows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Bio (Discussion)   Character Bio (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Bio (Discussion)
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next