A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Creation (Discussion)

Go down 
+17
Sir Nickolas
Laisha
Evedas
Alexandria1
Mesor
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Mordred
Arcanum
Pravenstern
Aodh
Isabel Tenorio
Albion Bryton
Sigwald
Jing Ming
Psychozoa
Klaus Witz
William Alatin III
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 5:33

Yes, you get a 'refund' of 60 renown. You can spend it on equipment and such now if you like, but please don't add new troops to the event. Even though Kharad hasn't committed any to the event yet... it's just not fair.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 5:35

Aww. My Space Marines were looking really forward to the battle as well! Sad
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 5:45

Praise our lord and saviour Mordred and associated peope who have waded through the dredful jungles of rules and made them clear. Thank you for all your efforts. I'll post my updated sheet later.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 5:53

Pravenstern wrote:
Praise our lord and saviour Mordred and associated peope who have waded through the dredful jungles of rules and made them clear. Thank you for all your efforts. I'll post my updated sheet later.

Heh, no worries! I found it a pain to wade through while trying to advise people on their characters, and if I was finding it tough, I can only imagine how it was for the rest of you!

Credit to Jing and the other GM's for actually writing it though, 90% of it is their original source, I just reformatted it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 6:29

So, I have a question. The Dawn are a "Skillful Order". How is that +1 SK applied exactly? How should I update my character sheet to reflect that?

Also, did Priests lose the free good proficiency with one weapon?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 6:37

Sir Lucius wrote:
So, I have a question. The Dawn are a "Skillful Order". How is that +1 SK applied exactly? How should I update my character sheet to reflect that?

I think all your weapon proficiencies (SK) increase by +1. About priests (unconfirmed):

Spoiler:

Last edited by Pravenstern on 30.05.13 6:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 6:42

Sir Lucius wrote:

Huh, I had not noticed that! Ask Jing it is was intentional, as I didn't do it. I see no reason why they shouldn't have it though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 6:47

I guess that effectively means I should only have good proficiency but with the extra 1 SK, Lucius should be just as good with a sword? Unless removing the free proficiency is unintentional, then ignore this. Razz

Does that extra SK apply to everything?

... and where'd the Charger trait go? Razz
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 6:53

Sir Lucius wrote:
I guess that effectively means I should only have good proficiency but with the extra 1 SK, Lucius should be just as good with a sword? Unless removing the free proficiency is unintentional, then ignore this. Razz

The SK should apply to everything, since it is not said it doesn't. If you have Good Swordsman trait, I'd assume you have 2 SK with swords.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 6:58

Does finesse have any additional benefits RP wise, or it just works as +1 SK and that's it?
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas

Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 7:37

I updated my character sheet and went ahead and posted it in the official bio thread. For easy reference the sheet is also presented below.

Character Sheet
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 7:39

Sir Lucius wrote:

... and where'd the Charger trait go? Razz

I think removing it was unintentional, go ahead and add it to your character, i'll update the rulez. The SK is for everything, just means you have base skill 1 instead of 0. Charger... not sure, a number of RP combat skills were removed as we couldn't quantify them.

Rivatha Thunion wrote:
Does finesse have any additional benefits RP wise, or it just works as +1 SK and that's it?

All traits are RP use too, we've just quantified the direct combat aspect.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 7:40

Quote :
My mistake. They keep it.

Quote :
+1 Speed.

Quote :
Is a Speed of 2 considered incredibly high, even for a speed fighter like Kharad?
Yes, it's incredibly high. But your character has it, apparently.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 7:42

Jing Ming wrote:
Quote :
+1 Speed.
So this trait gives both +1 SK and SP?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 7:42

Quote :

It's Skill at the moment, should it be Speed?
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 7:43

My mistake again. +1 Skill only.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 7:44

I think I did mine right, if someone would mind looking over it. It'd be much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 7:48

Skill base of 1 Varys, the Eventide are a "Skilful" Order. Therefore you would have Skill 4 with swords.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 7:52

Well, legendary swordsman would cost 100 renown.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 9:01

Since order's were modified can i start with 2WP+1SK or SP instead of 3 WP, since it fit's my character better?
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 9:09

This probably shouldn't be a new question but it just occurred to me! We're allowed a free set of armor, according to what Mordred posted; I'm assuming that's correct. In my character sheet, I counted the heavy armor against my renown, but that should actually be free, right? Obviously I'm clarifying because that's worth 30 renown!

Also, am I hallucinating or was it said at some point that we get a free shield?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 9:20

Quote :
"Starting Renown Note: PCs begin with 1 weapon of their choice, armor of their choice, Courser"
Yes, you receive 30 renown, I think.

Also, the new weapon upgrades should probably be edited into the creation thread.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 9:21

No free shield, IIRC. PCs get one regular weapon (ranged, 1h, 2h, throwing, etc.), one courser (horse), and one suit of armor (light/medium/heavy).
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 9:23

Quote :
Since order's were modified can i start with 2WP+1SK or SP instead of 3 WP, since it fit's my character better?
Nope, sorry. Not only does that defeat the purpose of the particular traits, but it also adds another variable in this already highly customizable system. Any particularities someone wants can be added via additional perks.
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty30.05.13 14:06

Well I'll have to revise my character and add more speed and sk. Appreciate it if someone can revise both stats and equipment-renown spent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Creation (Discussion)
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next