A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Creation (Discussion)

Go down 
+17
Sir Nickolas
Laisha
Evedas
Alexandria1
Mesor
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Mordred
Arcanum
Pravenstern
Aodh
Isabel Tenorio
Albion Bryton
Sigwald
Jing Ming
Psychozoa
Klaus Witz
William Alatin III
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty01.06.13 3:46

yeah.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty01.06.13 4:10

Rivatha Thunion wrote:
Quote:
You mean, i can remove one WP,but add additional perk?

No, we're saying you cannot change your Order base stats, which for the Gauntlets is the 3WP base. You may however use your other traits to boost other stats, for instance taking Agile for the +1 Speed (as one of your free 3 creation traits).
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty01.06.13 6:38

Please put the stats of your adventurers in your signature as well. That should help speed up future battles.

Also remember that adventurers must be uniformly equipped in each party. The mechanics of doing otherwise will make us completely insane!
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty02.06.13 6:13

Quote :
Also remember that adventurers must be uniformly equipped in each party.

You mean all must wear same armor/clothes right?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty02.06.13 6:16

Armor yes. Flavor-wise, they can wear whatever you please. I mean they need to all have the same equipment. If you want to have Vanskerry adventurers, they ALL need to have the same equipment. You can't outfit some as light infantry and some as heavy cavalry. It's simply too much to handle with the game side.

If you want to equip them with masterwork swords, then you need to be able to buy all of them masterwork swords, not just one or two.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty02.06.13 6:22

Oh okay, so far it fits.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty02.06.13 23:28

Is this acceptable?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 3:09

I think I've got an acceptable character sheet (see sig!). Just posting here in case there's something amiss.

As an aside, I replaced the non-existent Charger trait with Diplomat. That might seem odd for Lucius, but it's the closest to Persuasion (which goes very well with and enhances his Priest background). That's my thinking anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 3:24

In moreks story I wrote that when the snake cult sacked walven morek got the tar beaten out of him by some snake cultists, could he have gained scarred 1 from that?

Also, if morek should have some bodily modifications that might be the result of an attempt to show devotion, could that be counted as scars or something else due to their religious connotations.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 3:32

He could have some scars from the snake cult, yes. The religious modifications are interesting. IIRC, scarring is only really relevant at the higher levels. At low levels it's potentially respectable to warriors, and that's the only consequence.

But then, I shouldn't try to answer these questions! tongue
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 3:36

Pravenstern wrote:
Is this acceptable?

Spoiler:

Master Swordsman requires Exceptional
Master Craftsman requires Journeyman (also note the updated Craftsmen stuff I just posted).

(if these are accounted for through our negative traits, then I would add them to your profile just to be sure). I might even argue that you can have 1 more positive trait. As it stands you have 3 Free + 3 Negatives Vs 5 Positives.

Sir Lucius wrote:
I think I've got an acceptable character sheet (see sig!). Just posting here in case there's something amiss.

As an aside, I replaced the non-existent Charger trait with Diplomat. That might seem odd for Lucius, but it's the closest to Persuasion (which goes very well with and enhances his Priest background). That's my thinking anyway. Wink

I would add "Good Swordsman (Priest)"

I somewhat question having II command, as that should be 1 trait (I Command free, II for a trait... or is this offset by the Scarring? Are we counting it as a negative at that level?).

I might suggest calling it "Silver-Tongued" rather than Diplomat.

Otherwise looks good.

Arcanum wrote:
In moreks story I wrote that when the snake cult sacked walven morek got the tar beaten out of him by some snake cultists, could he have gained scarred 1 from that?

Also, if morek should have some bodily modifications that might be the result of an attempt to show devotion, could that be counted as scars or something else due to their religious connotations.

What do you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 3:56

Not the modifications I have in mind. They're pretty noticeable, at least what I have in mind.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 4:29

Damn, sorry mordred, I didn't see your ninja post.

Basically its because no one has seen moreks face that I had a few ideas being brewed up for when he eentually gets his helmet offgets it knocked off. I want it to be a surprise, so I just was wondering if self made scars are rhe same as scarred 1 etc.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 4:40

Oh interesting, I like the concept. Something like Maori warriors have (google it)?

Not sure what the implications of having it are, i'll let one of the other GM's weigh in on that. Nice idea though!
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 5:17

Somethig similar to that yes. Honestly its more inspired by the almost ridiculous levels of devotion seen by chaos cultists/space marines in wh/40k. Not to the extremes of course, but if im gonna be a religious zealot in a way im not going to half ass it.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 6:21

Spoiler:

Okay, revised, okay now?. I had counted the previous levels into the final trait.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty03.06.13 6:29

Mordred wrote:
I somewhat question having II command, as that should be 1 trait (I Command free, II for a trait... or is this offset by the Scarring? Are we counting it as a negative at that level?).

Honestly, I wasn't sure how Command was suppose to work. His "wounds" are really more related to his biography though (i.e. scarring/burns from having pyro, hallucinations because he thinks Astraea speaks to him). I don't know if that counts as a negative and that hadn't even occurred to me.

Mordred wrote:
I might suggest calling it "Silver-Tongued" rather than Diplomat.

This makes sense to me, though that would be a new trait. If that works, I'll change it.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty08.06.13 13:14

I eagerly await gm thoughts upon my idea.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty09.06.13 5:20

About taking scarring to represent the self-mutilation of his religion?

Go for it.

Followers of the faith will be impressed, non-followers will be revolted. (With room for individual NPCs having particular views regardless, of course.)
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty09.06.13 6:08

Your face disgusts me..

wasn't that cause for a good old fashioned duel back in the days? according to Scaramouche (1952) anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Creation (Discussion)
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12