A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Creation (Discussion)

Go down 
+17
Sir Nickolas
Laisha
Evedas
Alexandria1
Mesor
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Mordred
Arcanum
Pravenstern
Aodh
Isabel Tenorio
Albion Bryton
Sigwald
Jing Ming
Psychozoa
Klaus Witz
William Alatin III
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
BroodBrady
Banned

Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 0:42

Oh I will once I know if the stats are right, I'm not sure what bonuses the first 3 traits give.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 0:47

Quote :
Traits
Agile, Strong, Quick Feet, Good Broadsword, Exceptional Broadsword, Master Broadsword ( 2h )
Stats
WP : 8. ( 3 Ebony base, 5 Thick heavy armour )
SK : 3 broadsword ( Good, Exceptional, Master traits. )
Speed : -2 ( Heavy armour )
Equipment.
Drop horse for 10 extra renown
Heavy armour ( Thick ) 40
2h Broadsword ( Crushing ) 20
Company.
5 Mettenheim Forlorn Hope
6 Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet

Agile: +1 in speed.
Quick Feet: +1 speed, in light or no armor only.
Strong: RP only
Good sword: +1 Sk in swords
Exceptional: +1 Sk in swords
Master: +1 Sk in swords.
Back to top Go down
BroodBrady
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 1:03

Oh I need to drop quick feet then.

What does quick hands do?
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 1:06

BroodBrady wrote:
Oh I need to drop quick feet then.

What does quick hands do?

It's RP only, just like Strong.

You can find it all in here: https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com/t30-a-kingdom-divided-rules-and-game-mechanics#4018

Under character traits: stats version.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 2:13

ah that helps Aelos I didn't know that was where everyone was getting the stats stuff from.... I thought it was under character creation :/
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 2:29

Yeah I am still in the process of making an index and properly compiled rules set which is laid out more logically. I will try to get it up later today, otherwise it'll probably be Friday.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 2:31

Is a Speed of 2 considered incredibly high, even for a speed fighter like Kharad? He wears light armour and has the Agile trait, so as I understand it thats +2 to Speed yes?
Back to top Go down
BroodBrady
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 2:34

Ahhh ok, I'll pick a sixth trait and add it to my signature when I get home tonight.
Probably keen senses to fit his hunting Noldor in a forest duringn the night.

I think thats only +1, light armour doesn't mention speed in the game mechanics info at the top of the page.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 2:41

Kharad Moriendor wrote:
Is a Speed of 2 considered incredibly high, even for a speed fighter like Kharad? He wears light armour and has the Agile trait, so as I understand it thats +2 to Speed yes?
Light Armor gives no speed
Medium Armour -1 speed
Heavy Armour -2 speed
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 3:02

Ah, np!
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 3:03

Ah, np!
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 3:26

Kharad Moriendor wrote:
Ah, np!

doublepost! /slap

I think speed 4 is pretty damn high. Wink
Though a two-handed sword still has the initiative...better keep away from those.
Back to top Go down
BroodBrady
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 3:39

Somebody has speed 4!!!?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 3:42

Aelos Odheas due to Barclay Fencing (Agile, Free Hand, Fast Strike and Masterwork Weapon).

He can't use anything better than a light armour though.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 4:40

Am I just blind or is there no school or special rules established for two weapon fighting yet?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 4:44

As far as I know there aren't yet, you special case, you. I'll ask the GM's about it.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 4:47

I think that Sir Nikolas uses two weapons as well. Not too sure though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas

Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 5:46

"Who is this Sir Nickolas you speak of? I am Sir Javier Kristoph Doyle, my good sir! I do NOT wield two weapons, for I am a gentleman that pieces hearts with my rapier. I aspire to learn the arts of fencing from Barclay, but I fear my skill is not yet sufficient..."

I think it is going to suck not having a shield, because I don't believe the player gets anything for simply wielding just a one handed weapon without the Barclay fighting style. No matter, Javier shall preserve (or turn demon and kill everyone)!
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 5:52

Quote :
I think it is going to suck not having a shield

Quick update: any character who masters all techniques of a single style learns a hidden feat of that style. This is secret, free and very powerful. It is the highest achievement of the respective style and represents the physical embodiment of that style's philosophy.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 5:54

Sir Javier Kristoph Doyle is hereby requested to attend a special gathering at the castle of Rane. By personal invitation of Alerio Spadino, fencing master.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 5:56

This will be the background music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOE_b4aYD0
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty29.05.13 6:42

corrected a foolish mistake; Aelos Odheas has speed 3, due to him only belonging to the Barclay school and merely 'buying' the Free Hand technique.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty30.05.13 4:46

Condensed and improved rules are up, should be a lot easier to read and understand now.

https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com/t129-character-creation-and-rules
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty30.05.13 4:52

Yay! Thanks that's a lot easier, but it's late here I'll look what changes i have to make tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty30.05.13 5:24

So if I understand these rules correctly, my Barque should have only cost 60 Renown?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Creation (Discussion)
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next