A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf

Go down 
+10
Klaus Witz
Sir Nickolas
Sigwald
William Alatin III
Arcanum
Sir Lucius
Alexandria1
Aodh
Pravenstern
Laisha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty21.09.13 9:33

Lord Wulfred snarled at the Griffon, but wasted no time in a retort.

"Back to the castle!  Find the buckets, douse the flames!  All of you!  My city must be saved!"

The Lion Lord and his retinue galloped off as the city forces hurried to follow his orders, little attention was paid to the remaining Order Knights or prisoners.  The rebellion was crushed, yet the city faced a new threat.

--------------------

The Griffon-Clarion party had a bit of difficulty in organizing their exit from the city.  Some wounded were strong enough to walk, others could not.  The City forces and their unorderly attempts to follow Lord Wulfred's directions hardly helped the matter.  Still, something of a caravan formed up and moved towards the East Gate.  The flames and smoke blocked most of their northern flank, and the sparks began to dance from rooftop to rooftop, slowly spreading the fire around their route.  The Dragon prisoners were not particularly helpful in moving the wounded, but they seemed more interested in avoiding a fiery death than escape.

OOC: Pick up in the Eastern Gate thread, please.

-------------------

Natir quickly found himself in charge of the localized efforts to fight the blaze.  The City forces found themselves throwing buckets of sea water onto the nearest homes and shops.  The winds largely made their efforts moot, as when they doused one burning patch, another had already been ignited by jumping sparks.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty21.09.13 9:39

Inside the Ducal ship, Kharad had found the treasures Greysword had intended to take with her should she flee the city. Based on a quick view, it appeared that she had been expecting to flee imminently. Most prominently, there appeared to be a small velvet box without a lock, and a slightly larger box with a padlock.

The shouts of the Eventiders outside seemed to indicate a rather large problem away from the ship.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty22.09.13 0:46

William stood and spoke.

"I will not leave my men. Alexander shall go in my place."

William nodded at Alexander and then sat down. Upon hearing this Alexander stood abruptly and replied.

"I shall not leave my Thane. Darren shall go in my place."

One by one the dragons passed the responsibility until there were none left. The last few begged others to take their place. Not wanting the shame of deserting their comrades.

Last edited by William Alatin III on 23.09.13 2:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty22.09.13 6:43

With a satisfied smile upon his face, Kharad eyed the two boxes eagerly, rubbing his bruised hands together in anticipation. But no sooner had a placed his hands upon the smaller chest than he heard the commotion from the deck. He rolled his eyes, let out a disatisfied sigh and placed the smaller chest on top of the larger, locked one.

"I suppose you will just have to wait until later then my beauties"

Taking them both in his grasp he made his back outside to confront his men.

"What in the name of Hell is going on out here?! Someone will be scrubbing the cargo hold for a week if this isnt worthy of keeping me from my spoils!"
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty23.09.13 4:05

Seeing that the attempts to put out the fire was proving futile, "Form a line!!! Pass the buckets!!! Make haste!! Focus on containing the fire and providing a clear path for the people to get to safety to get to safety! Evacuate the women and children, all able men must join the attempt to put out the fire, this is no longer about which side your on, this is now about if you are on the side of Windholm or not!!!"
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty23.09.13 10:45

Klaus curled his lip at the antics of the northerners, but when the last of them had said their part he nodded to them.

"I make admire your devotion. I need proof of your intent not to cause problem, and I not take your word as it already blacken. Agree to strip armour, and I take you all. Otherwise I separate you. Remember you are prisoner, ultimate I choose what happen."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty26.09.13 18:39

Williams men removed their armour and followed the orders obediently. Their faces grim but resigned to their defeat.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty03.10.13 11:56

The March of the Dragon prisoners and the Griffon captors wasn't yet disrupted by the flames of the city. In fact, it was 'smooth sailing' as they approached the gate. The residents of the area had already fled long before the flames stole their homes.

OOC: Continue to East Gate thread, with Methodius.

------------------------------------

Kharad didn't need to wait for the responses of his men; the flames were perfectly visible. They hadn't yet pushed to the docks, but across the way it was a patchwork of burned homes, burning buildings, and a few areas of unburned constructs. The City Guard appeared to be trying to put the blaze out, led by the organizing efforts of the Clarion Call.

------------------------------------

Natir met with bitter success as his efforts to control the blaze continued. A line had formed which sent the buckets to the flames faster, but at the cost of other pockets of the blaze. Many took his order to evacuate as an excuse to slip away from the flames and perhaps the city entirely. Some charged off to follow the Griffons and their prisoners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12