A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Creation (Discussion)

Go down 
+17
Sir Nickolas
Laisha
Evedas
Alexandria1
Mesor
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Mordred
Arcanum
Pravenstern
Aodh
Isabel Tenorio
Albion Bryton
Sigwald
Jing Ming
Psychozoa
Klaus Witz
William Alatin III
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 9:31

I love it.

I have the feeling that Seleucia is going to have some enemies in the Radiant Cross...
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 9:57

Is the part about the Snake Cult fitting with the setting? I thought in aftermath they were mostly gone from Pendor so i assumed they have a presence now that it is a century later.

Edit: Stats and equipment are added.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 9:59

The Snake Cult is still around. They just don't rule most of Amala anymore. They're more of a minor faction in Amala, and secret cultists (much like Heretics) in Pendor.

The Shadow Legion has some ties with them, but nothing formal. Even within the Legion it is not public knowledge who worships the Snake Goddess.

So the short answer: Yes it is possible that they still raid villages from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 10:01

You get 1 weapon and 1 armour free at the beginning. Upgrades must be bought with renown. You would thus have:

- Medium Armour (free)
- Morningstar (free)
- Crushing upgrade to Morningstar (-5)
- Hunter (-15)
- Shield (-5)

Left: 25 renown
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 10:02

Pravenstern wrote:
- Hunter (-15)

you'd spare those 15 renown if you take the courser.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 10:04

Yes, you can pick Mettenheim Forlorn Hope at the start. If you want other Mettenheim-themed troops the only choice right now is to purchase Adventurers and equip them appropriately. Then you can RP them as being Mettenheim soldiers as you please.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 10:09

Aelos wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
- Hunter (-15)

you'd spare those 15 renown if you take the courser.

Well yes, but why have renown if you aren't going to spend it? You might need the extra mobility and charge bonuses.

So if we have any left over renown does it go into a "pool" for later use?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 10:19

As far as I'm aware, yes.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 10:27

I cleared the character creation and bio threads up, so please use the two Discussion threads for further comment in the future. Was just too annoying having to dig through a load of irrelevant posts to get the real information.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 10:28

Good idea, thank you!

Yes, unspent renown will be carried over.

I said I discarded my spare 2 for some unknown reason. (>.>)
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 20:42

I would like to create what basically would fit silvermist character(Archer, dual wield, light armor) also she is female, of noble origins. But i want her to be Knight of Ebony Gauntlet. Is that ok, or it just doesn't fit with Gauntlets too much? She would be descendant of Liona Thunion, ranger who left Silvermist order to join Knights of Ebony Gauntlet.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty17.02.13 21:06

For a PC I think that'd be ok though it may mean very bad relations with silvermist as a whole that your the child of a traitor.

But I'd be careful, if you intend to stick to the old hatred of noldor you'll find they have a lot more friends then they used to.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 5:15

PCs are able to use weapons that ordinary Order knights wouldn't have trained with. Some other Gauntlets may dislike her for it though. Wink

Dual-wielding is not represented in the mechanics yet. I suggested a workaround of using a two-handed weapon instead, but RPing it as two weapons. They function the same with 2wp damage instead of 1wp, and don't allow for a shield, sooo... it works that way! >.>

I'll add you to the Gauntlets now, but we will need to see Rivatha's story and traits still.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 5:42

Or else as a +1 speed to account for the extra attack instead of the extra damage.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 8:50

Spoiler:

Do my stats and such work out appropriately? I've also changed the background to Naval Officer since the description of Seaman's bonuses seemed inappropriate for one spending all their time in Southern waters.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:08

Looks good to me. I was thinking should the speed bonuses be modified because at the moment there doesn't seem like there is that great a reason to take medium;

Light : +1 WP, +1 Speed
Medium : +2 WP
Heavy : +3 WP -1 Speed

Now at least Medium has no penalties associated with it, and it makes Light a little more worthy too.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:09

Oh yeah I never did work out my stats.

Yea it would make a bit more sense, medium is probably chain mail which was strong but also didn't restrict movement so it would fit.

Last edited by Mesor on 18.02.13 9:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:13

Where do we actually have armor stats listed? I was going to change it, but it isn't with the stats of horses and weapons.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:14

It's in the rules post it is with the information on troop prices and everything else, I checked it a moment ago to do my stats.

Equipment (Armour)

10 Renown : Light Armour (+1 WP) .
20 Renown : Medium Armour (+2 WP, -1 Speed)
30 Renown : Heavy Armour (+3 WP, -2 Speed)
60 Renown : Armour Special (Mettenheim) - (+2 WP, -1 Speed). May be purchased as light, Medium, or Heavy.
60 Renown : Armour Special (Barclay) - (+1 Speed). May be purchased as Light, Medium, or Heavy.
10 Renown : Armour Upgrade (Thick) - (+1 WP) - Does not stack with Lordly Upgrade
100 Renown : Armour Upgrade (Lordly) - (+1 WP, +1 Speed, + 1 Command Level) - Does not stack with Thick Upgrade
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:21

Thank you! I've modified the relevant posts.

What do you think about the WP bonus and penalties to certain Orders? Dragons, Gauntlets, and Legion have base 3wp. Cross, Silvermist, and Clarion Call have base 1wp. Eventide, Dawn, Griffons have base 2wp.

My thought was to have everyone with base 2wp. Bonuses would then be based only on armor. NPCs would then wear the armor indicated in the Rules thread.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:25

I dunno it does kind of fit, the more ranged style orders have less health which makes sense given that they spend less time training to fight up close where they will get hit a lot while the more melee style have more health.

It's only a minor difference once you factor in armor but it does add a bit of diversity to the game.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:28

I'm curious as to why the Radiant Cross has been put into the "weak" category when its members apparently use 2 handed polehammers and heavy/medium armor.

Is it due to their more scholarly beginnings?
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:34

It does make sense, they aren't a purely combat based order like most of the others.

Much like the Hospitaliers were strong knights but inferior to the Teutonic or the Templar who were purely combat oriented.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:37

Being more war oriented on the political stage doesn't mean the individual knights were inferior by any means.

Besides, a few hundred Hospitallers held off 30,000 experienced Ottoman soldiers! (The facts that they had several thousand back-up soldiers, faced an incompetent commander, and had out-lived both of the other orders is besides the point...)
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty18.02.13 9:42

But man to man both other orders were superior soldiers because it was all they trained to be where as Hospitaliersalso trained in healing which resulted in less time for combat training.
They were still amongst the most powerful knights of the era but man to man on average they were the weakest of the three.

Besides the Templars only fell because a corrupt king invented entirely false claims in an attempt to steal the wealth of the Templars because he bankrupt his own country and even then in some places groups of 20-30 Templar Knights and Seargents held off groups of 500+ fully trained soldiers and knights.

All you needed back then ws a good wall and your enemy not to have siege equipment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation (Discussion)   Character Creation (Discussion) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Creation (Discussion)
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next