A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference Empty
PostSubject: The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference   The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference Empty08.11.13 4:29

Coming soon!  You'll find the map... eventually.  Obviously this is taking place around what may remain of Old Torbah, which was destroyed during the D'shar Great War.  You may recall that the King intervened in the D'shar Great War many years ago (I don't remember when in the timeline) and sent a portion of the Royal Army along with a Griffon detachment.  They were annihilated, although it was never determined what exactly happened beyond that fact.

We will be using a map with key locations, and lines that represent travel routes.  We're not using strict turns for movement, but it will help keep things clean and presumably less confusing than the back allies of Windholm.  I expect we will have different threads for each 'node' of the map, so that each PC/scene will be linked by geography.  

I'll clean this up as we begin to compile information, just like with the last event.

Please do not post in this thread.  The OOC thread works much better.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference   The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference Empty10.11.13 7:16

The Map

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference   The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference Empty28.11.13 17:14

Something we need to avoid from the first event is the long, real-life time span it took to complete.  To that end, I've created a small system to try and avoid that problem.

For the coming weeks, the event will be divided into blocks of time two days long in-game.  During these blocks, the PCs are free to act as they choose, provided that a) they choose a general goal to pursue in the block (scouting, searching, diplomacy...be more specific than this), and b) work toward that goal in some way.  So you can't scout the horde and try to parley with it at the same time.  This is primarily to limit the GM workload...also known as my workload.  

That said, you are free to act within that context.  You can do whatever you'd like in the general goal (even stupid things...but I don't know why you would, really).  You are also free to act however you'd like and how often you'd like up until your goal is achieved.

Each in-game two day period will take a week.  If you want to get more done, you'll have to be more active.  So if you want to play out a conversation with a chieftain, you'll have to post more than once that week; otherwise, the GM (me or someone else) will automatically play out the results without your influence.  Of course, not everyone can be that active.  In that event, it's also perfectly okay to come up with general orders.  However, the more active you are, the more you can get done and the more successful you will be, so do your best.

I know it sounds a little mechanical, but it can get boring if the event drags on simply because it must.  And I'm not constraining your actions, just limiting the time you can take to complete them.  Hopefully I'll be able to post quickly (and I'm sure there's a GM or two to help, as well), so let's give this a shot.

I'll write up your entries into the city tomorrow (the 29th) and we can consider the event begun.  Just brainstorm for now and look forward to tomorrow.

Feel free to ask questions.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference   The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference Empty28.11.13 18:22

How much do we know about the enemies leader? In PoP you always knew all about the leaders as soon as they showed up so I'm curious how much we would have heard about this guy.

Primarily about how he was able to gather the army together so I know if he's a hugely charismatic guy or not.

Also, does a roll decide if he'll attend a meeting or will he show up if requested?
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference   The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference Empty05.12.13 4:26

So, I realized a couple of days ago that I wasn't totally clear on what I was asking for regarding the objectives. I'm a bit dim like that sometimes.

Essentially, what I'm looking for is something similar to the following:

Primary Objective: Here be your main goal you're trying to achieve in a period, whether it's "set up a base," "gain the trust of the people," or "find the horde encampment." This is the objective I measure your actions against to see whether you've succeeded, failed, or, most likely, something in-between.

Actions: Your objective needs to be followed by a general overview of the actions you're taking to achieve that primary goal. You can put it in list form or paragraph form, but I need to see this so I can give you results regardless of how much RPing gets done each week. And like I said before, be realistic about the time your actions would take. You have two days, so don't overdo it.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference   The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference Empty

Back to top Go down

The Horde of Torbah: Introduction and Reference
Page 1 of 1