A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Fortified Edge of Torbah

Go down 
+3
Pravenstern
Aodh
Methodius Marci
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty
PostSubject: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty04.02.14 12:42

Laisha wrote:
Days 7-8
Methodius' group managed to discover some relatively intact, defensible buildings near to the bridges.  Though the main town had been burnt, the small section south-southwest of the castle was still intact.  The only concerning part of it was its proximity to Harvey's ambush site; it was likely closer than would have been preferable, but it was the best position given the circumstances.

By evening on the eighth day, some Griffons had arrived to help fortify the structures and lay traps.

Methodius and the Dragons arrived midway through the night to make camp. Morning came and the knights woke up and put on their armor under the scorching sun, they waited for the rest of the knighthood orders to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty05.02.14 3:10

The outriders had been up early before daybreak out of pure habit, and had already prepared themselves, and were all packed with three days worth of rations, not that Natir expected to be out of the town long, but he decided to be safe for the desert could be harsh. The outriders were ready and waiting near the encampment as the first few knight of the gauntlet and Dragon rose from their sleep. Natir stayed a good distance from the camp out of politeness until he was convinced a majority of the camp had awaken. Then he rode over and approached the knight of the Gauntlet.

"Good Morning friend. I see you managed to convince are Northern friends to join us. Did you have to agree to any conditions I should be aware of?"
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty05.02.14 9:35

Sir Natir's outriders were soon followed by a score of mounted Griffon Knights marching in a tight formation. At the head was Sir Gilaver from the meeting, although his face was somewhat obscured by the light brown desert cloak that the rest of the unit shared. As the group reached the camp, Gilaver hopped off his horse and greeted Natir and Methodius with a sstoic salute before going straight into the business.

"Good Morning. How many are we still waiting?"
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty05.02.14 9:53

Sitting upon a chestnut courser, Morek was finding the old riding lessons each Radiant Knight recieved at some point in their training coming back to him. He just hoped that he wasn't going to be asked to run rings around a Larian Outrider as he wasn't sure his horse could, let alone him not fall off. He worked hard not to show he was more used to his own legs as a form of movement. He glanced behind him as he neared the massing Orders.

The Conquistadors were looking as they always did, sheer arrogance at the pedigrees of themselves, mounts and weapons was oozing through their sallet helms from their proud eyes. Though it seemed Radiant discipline had finally been beaten into them, quite literally in Mautista's case, by him and the other Radiant Knights.

He halted his band a short ways from the Clarion Call, his party keeping silent under their dull brown desert cloaks.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty06.02.14 0:06

Methodius saluted every knight that came, and answered the outriders
"Good morning, the dragons will be coming for the negotiations, no conditions in particular were needed. I take it that we'l just have to keep the Griffons and the dragons from each others throats"

He then looked upon Gilaver
"Everyone that sets out as the negotiation party is here... however i expected Sir Klaus to arrive as well, to overlook the defenses, as this will be where we stand and fight if things go awry."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty06.02.14 0:33

Natir nodded in agreement. "That's good. Hopefully nothing will happen, but I'll keep an eye out. " Natire saw the others and after they had spoken. "Will we wait for Sir Klaus? If not my men will take the point, and we should leave soon to avoid traveling in the mid-day heat."
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty06.02.14 5:07

Klaus stuck his head out from one of the ruins on hearing his name.

"Ja? I am here! We make prepare defence incase you have trouble. Don't worry, we will be make ready."

He then disappeared again and moments later the sound of hammering and movement could be heard.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty06.02.14 19:15

Natir was suprized that Claus managed to seek past him and his men to enter fort without being seen. Oh course he could of been there before they arrived, but that would've... Natir stopped himself for this was hardly a pressing or important topic.
"Right well now we know he is here, and getting ready shall we get moving." Natir walked back to his men and mounted his horse. Natir was six men short as he had ordered Sir Petro and his squad to go the other side of the river on a scouting mission to see if he could get a better look at the defences of the horde, and see if he could approximate their size. Natir indicated for Captain Vanha to go ahead and scout the rode ahead.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty07.02.14 14:14

Methodius gave a good look around him before talking
"It seems everything is in order, well friends, let's get this mission started!'

He swapped his large shield with one of his knights normal sized shield, and got on his measly courser and started riding slowly ahead in wait of the others. Leaving his men at the Fortified Position.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty09.02.14 22:47

The Dragon delegation, consisting of Thane Alatin and Sigwald holding a Dragon banner of sorts, followed Methodius into the desert.

[ooc: let's not drop into inactivity again. Barclay might notice and invade Pendor again.]
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty10.02.14 2:03

Natir followed close behind with 5 men. They would be little help in setting up defences of Torbrah, but may be useful in a get away against a horde. Natir ordered his men to have two men go ahead of the party. One man on each side, and one final outrider to cover the rear.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty15.02.14 10:26

Gilaver was right behind the group with 4 of his knights in tow. They were quiet during the trip and minded their distance with the Dragon delegation.

The rest stayedb ehind to help with the defences.
Back to top Go down
Ferdinand XIV

Ferdinand XIV

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty11.04.14 8:02

As soon as the sun had disappeared, small huddles of dark figures made their way across the rivers and towards the ruined city of Torbah. It was a small caravan of them, dressed in dark sandcolored cloaks bearing rolled up tapestries and a stretcher. When they had come very close to the city edge and the fortifications that had been made earlier, a single figures stepped forward and undid the cloak. “I am Obara, daughter of Jukar. We've come for shelter” the woman said loudly enough for everyone to hear.

[ooc: There's a small time-inconsistancy here. This scene will start before the battle, and from here the present knights will hear it unfold.]
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty11.04.14 11:32

Morek had been waiting for this ever since Jukar had given him his request.

"You'll be given and guard and put on the road to Ethos soon. Set up a camp that can be torn down quickly."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty11.04.14 17:22

"They are Jatu" Natir said as he walked over "They never set up a tent they can't pull down quickly.

What's going on here?"
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty11.04.14 17:35

Morek turned his head to the Clarion as he moved aside to let the Jatu woman and her people through.

"Jukar thinks that things are heading to hell. I am one to agree with him since that Eventide skulked off to the main encampment after the duel."

More gestured towards Zulkar, the young Jatu lying on a stretcher as his bearers carried him past.

"These are the women, the young and the very old. Those who have no part in a fight. Zukar might have been a warlord but he knows how to take care of his people. They'll be on the road to Ethos and the Radiant Fortress soon enough with the Veccavians we have with us. The Jatu might die out on the steppe but they'll survive on the grasslands of the Empire."

The black helm turned to squarely face Natir.

"This will not be a problem. will it? I'd suggest you make sure your Outriders are ready for action as well. Blood is going to be on the air soon enough, one way or another. Believe it or not Clarion I am somewhat glad you're here what with your experience with fighting these tribes."

He hooked a thumb over at his own retainers, the wardens not on watch clustered around a fire with the Radiant Knights and Conquistadors. Whetstones were drawn over weapons and crossbow strings checked for tautness.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty11.04.14 18:56

Natir nodded while the Radiant spoke. "As a representative of the Clarion Call, I would have to harshly criticize you for thinking it is a good idea to bring the Jatu into the Empire's land, but as a friend I would encourage you to continue, I'll make sure my superiors allow your passage through the fields of Janos, though you may want to avoid getting to close to the city to be safe." Natir never really shared his order's anti-Jatu sentiment.

Natir looked around at the Jatu
"What I worry about now is that my caution in accepting the deal of Jukar, might have prevented a peaceful resolution to this conflict." Natir face was stern and serious. "But we may not have to luxury of regret, I'll get my men to keep watch over the surrounding area."

Natir turn to his men who waiting you instructions, and signalled for half of them to go on watch for anything coming from the horde's camp. "Anything else I can do to help?"
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty11.04.14 19:03

Morek stared off into the Dark for a second before nodding, making a note to inform the Jatu caravan of what to do when passing Janos.

"I know what you mean in being split between a representative of an Order and your own man. The person who saved that young fool was the priest, not the knight."

He shrugged, the motion accompanied by the jungle of chainmail before continuing.

"We should find that hulking gauntlet, Mephistophocles, or Methidius, you know the one I mean, and whatever other Order Knights are left. I have a feeling his desire to force an engagement with the horde is coming to pass. If they want to get through to Pendor they'll do it over our cooling corpses."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty11.04.14 19:10

"I believe the Griffons are lingering around as well" Natir signaled to the rest of his men to round up the leaders of the knights remaining.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty12.04.14 14:07

Methodius walked out of a house after hearing the commotion outside

"What is all this noise...?"

only to see the Radiant Cross back with a horde of women and children. He walked towards Morek and Natir.

"I see you're back, with quite the company too... Mind filling me in on what happened?"

Last edited by Methodius Marci on 12.04.14 15:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty12.04.14 14:49

The Radiant waved an encompassing hand at the passing Jatu.

"Meet the women, children, and old of Jukars tribe. They will be going to Ethos and my Orders Fortress soon. Jukar believes there will be difficulty soon between the factions of the horde. I tend to agree since the Eventide scuttled off like a roach towards the main body right after his victory."

Moreks helmet turned to look at the Gauntlet.

"It seems your wish to fight the horde is coming true."
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty12.04.14 15:57

Methodius nodded

"Seems to be so."

He pondered some more before continuing

"At least, without the Jatu lances we now stand a much better chance against the horde"
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty13.04.14 18:06

Methodius talked to his men and the Other orders afterwards, he shortly came back to talk to Morek and Natir again.

"We need to prepare for the impeding strike of the horde... The Griffons have Fortified many of the surrounding structures, any locations that the two of you want defend in particular? Additionally, we also have the castle a mile in the north"
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty14.04.14 2:22

Sigwald the burned, still sweating despite the sun having left the ruins of Torbah hours ago, rode up to the sirs and looked at Obarra of the Jatu with a worrysome frown. The Jatu were walking passed the walls in a silent column of frightened women and confused children, all looking at the plated knights with mixed emotion.

"Sir Methodius, do you still lead the combined force of our Orders? If so, and if not, I put the Dragons of Rane under your command."

[ooc: Unless William Alatin becomes active again, feel free to move and coördinate all Dragon knights and Ravenstern Rangers.]
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty14.04.14 12:02

Morek looked around the area, his eyes lighting on the larger of the buildings before straying across the rublle strewn ground for a moment.

"We should fight here. If we try to retreat further to the castle they'll catch up with us, not to mention that we now have something I won't let them get their hands on." He waved towards the Jatu civilians, and what that meant. Letting the horde through if thing went to hell meant a lot of people who couldn't defend themselves were going to die or be enslaved.

"I would suggest sticking the Rangers on that roof along with some of my Wardens. The terrain around us is rough and broken, little use to a swarm of horses since they're likely to foul up on one another or lose their footing and break something in all these ruins. Infantry power will carry the day here."

He was silent again and turned his back to them, facing down the road towards the slumbering horde before talking again.

"Make it hell to even get in here. A few stakes here would get them all riled up and liable to make mistakes." He kicked the ground at his feet at the narrowest point into the ruins. "Get them into the streets where we hold the high ground" He gestrued at the large building, "don't let them maneuver and we'll make this a battle of quality not quantity. Even the most sunbaked raider will think twice if he has to climb a mound of men and horses to get here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fortified Edge of Torbah   The Fortified Edge of Torbah Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fortified Edge of Torbah
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next