A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...

Go down 
+18
Alexandria1
Evedas
Jing Ming
Sir Vinson
Aodh
Mesor
William Alatin III
Arcanum
Ser Varys
Mordred
Sir Lucius
Laisha
Isabel Tenorio
Klaus Witz
Pravenstern
Sigwald
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Psychozoa
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty02.03.13 20:03

Sorry about the delay there folks. I hoped to be a couple of days sooner on that, but...whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty02.03.13 23:46

I am gonna edit all posts with Ebony Gloves, to include their names, this is so i keep track of them, and don't end up using more of them then there is.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty05.03.13 19:33

well not bad.. By the way thanks Laisha,tough now i wonder what would be worse, Eventide finding Sarah, or Eventide not finding her Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty06.03.13 10:24

Eventide finding her. There's a whole lot you don't know about Rayvs that you don't want to figure out in person Twisted Evil

Or actually, Rayvs is just a nice guy who's really, really bad at cooking and will feed her disgusting cake.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty06.03.13 10:51

I hate to disrupt the evil-hatefest...

Please PM me what your characters have done since leaving the meeting with the Duchess. Not simply what they're intending to do, but what they've actually done so far. Please keep this to a line or two. I'll be compiling the results and posting it in the story so far thread.

*sits in the corner and rocks back and forth* It'll only be a dozen PMs, only a dozen...

A more productive idea: If your character has not attended the meeting with the Duchess and/or is not currently hanging out with the Captain, please PM me with a line or two of what you're up to.

That should save a few PMs. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty06.03.13 11:08

Ser Varys wrote:
Eventide finding her. There's a whole lot you don't know about Rayvs that you don't want to figure out in person Twisted Evil
He has a pet tarantula? I wouldn't want to be around when Ravys attempts to feed it.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty06.03.13 11:12

/shudder

Spiders are hereby banned. Varys is to take a new mascot.

Scorpions are acceptable! Except Seleucia is claiming that one.

Just to recap: Spiders=Evil (not in a good way either!) and Scorpions=Good (in a good way, not... lawful good).
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty06.03.13 11:42

Rivatha Thunion wrote:
well not bad.. By the way thanks Laisha,tough now i wonder what would be worse, Eventide finding Sarah, or Eventide not finding her Very Happy.

I decided to roll the dice on that one. She rolled really, really badly. So badly, I was tempted to crush her under a full barrel of ale. Then I figured, "this would be funnier and make the players interact more." And by "funnier," I mean "more fun"because it's not like I take sadisticgleeinyoursufferingoranythingthatwouldjustbesillyandweirdandcreepy and stuff.

Also, for the record, I think I'm going to be splitting you guys into more threads next post. Because it'll be less confusing for me...not necessarily for you, though. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty06.03.13 18:52

Quote :

Or actually, Rayvs is just a nice guy who's really, really bad at cooking and will feed her disgusting cake.

Well i don't know, i can't imagine what would be worse, then some filthy, dirty bandits finding her in the state she is now.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty06.03.13 19:05

Rivatha Thunion wrote:
Quote :

Well i don't know, i can't imagine what would be worse, then some filthy, dirty bandits finding her in the state she is now.

I'm sure she'll be less thrilled with the prospect when he rips her still-beating heart out of her chest.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty06.03.13 19:16

Ok i take my words back. Bandits who want to have fun with unconscious Sarah? Fend off Rayvs first and you got the deal.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:05

I'm curious, shouldn't the gauntlet people have to roll to be discovered each turn?

Being able to sit and watch purely as a RP action so you know everything thats going on is a little bit unfair isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:10

What makes you think they haven't been?
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:12

Dunno just guessing since it hasn't been in any turns as far as I've seen and 1 person should not have been able to hide from 12 searching knights in an area as tiny as a stable but somehow still has managed to sit and observe everything without anybody noticing.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:13

As always up to GM, but i think so far it has been fair. I lose troops for certain time, and in some cases there is no reason to discover them( they aren't doing anything illegal, or overstepping their boundaries like at stables) in other its nearly impossible(city, dark night). And in some cases i agree roll should be used for example if they would follow someone into building, or as it was in case with Rayvs.

Last edited by Rivatha Thunion on 07.03.13 9:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:14

Yeah I was a little unsure about that, especially as I thought actions were centred on the player character. This is why I was so careful about keeping units together in Aftermath, so as to stop 1 man being dispatched to each settlement throughout the world and providing an insight to each and every little thing happening. Different contexts and scale obviously, but the problem is the same.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:15

Im guessing laisha has just been doing it behind the scenes. I for one don't want every post cluttered with numbers that are stating whether or not my character trips and fallls over his own feet or not etc.

Besides, we both know the best way to deal with a spy is to let them know only what you want them to.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:17

Well you've got 1 person sitting in a small stable that I ordered 12 knights to search and they didn't find a single sign of her.
It's kinda stupidly unbalanced and losing them for a time lol? It'd take all of 5 minutes for them to return to you if you need them, hardly a major downside.

Maybe, dunno just ain't sure if it's was being rolled or if I can just suddenly have men following anybody I like to spy on them through a RP action.

But I guess I'll search again and if I find her I'll just cut off her head for spying on me Smile.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:19

Care to prove she was spying on you? Are stables a closed territory? Consider those before cutting someones head off Very Happy besides she is already not in stables, as she used horses as distraction to escape, which even if you noticed couldn't do much about.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:27

So it was you that almost gpt seph smashed into the hay via horse hooves?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:28

It's a difficult one, I think in Rivatha's case it has been fairly well done so far, but it is very much open to abuse. Personally I would inform a GM (Laisha or Jing Ming), who will remove them from play for a time. After a set amount of time has passed, they return (if they return), and will come with a GM written report about their discoveries so that they are not all-knowing. I think the problem at the moment is that they are essentially an extension of the player character.

EDIT : It is a problem that should be solved if possible, as it will only get worse when we come to battles and things. Your troops will carry out your orders (hopefully), but are still in essence NPCs. This doesn't just go for scouts but regular soldiers too.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:33

Hmm you got a point, just my original idea was to make sure my character got IC info of all more or less open actions of others(no secret dealings or talks, just where they go etc.) to make sure it isn't sort of cheat i ended up partly rping them, trying to provide them with unique spying ways, then came dangerous situations like the one with Rayvs. When you think about it, if it is done like Mordred suggested, every time i send them on mission, there could be lets say 20% chance of them getting discovered.

Edit: How about this on every spying mission, my gloves got 60% of discovering general information, 20% on discovering important information and 20% on event with them(which doesn't nessecerely mean getting caught , but it is entirely up to GM, or another roll maybe?) Also in such case i would like to have one of gloves act as representative of Gauntlets in all Rivathas missions instead of her.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 9:56

20% for really good info seems a bit much imho.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 10:03

Discovery should also depend on situation.

Small area adds to the risk, large number of people around adds to the risk, people searching the area adds to the risk and any number of other variables.

Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty07.03.13 10:13

My spies are careful to not go where chance of discovery is to big, that's why i would like a similar chance for most of encounters.(unless of course i specifically send my spies into dangerous area, which i guess would be entirely different story, and entirely different chances of everything)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next