A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)

Go down 
+4
Ser Varys
Sigwald
Pravenstern
Isabel Tenorio
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 10:24

Boadice said nothing. She simply removed her 'Gelder' and stabbed it into the table. Her eyes lowered into a glare at the Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 10:29

Rayvs said, " I'm part of the Eventide. I recently returned from a ten year journey to Amala, so Pendor might be as alien to me as it is to you."

He raised his eyebrow when he heard what the huge man said.

He simply shook his head, half smiling and waiting to see what Boadice would do.

"I hope you do know who you're talking to."
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 10:33

His mug fell to the ground and the ale seaped out of his open mouth, for a second Alm seemed to understand who she was. The big man from the north was a knight for his immense strength, but it was well known he lacked the wits. He grinned, shaked the ale out of his beard and turned to Aelos with the biggest smile he could possibly show.

"She's like my mother, only prettier!"

the three dragons at the other side of the tent let out a roar of laughter as they seemed to agree with Alm's findings. The noise was so loud that Aelos' words were barely heard by the Griffon knight in front of him, "The women of the north aren't as obedient as they are in Pendor."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 10:38

Boadice took hold of her dagger. She pulled the candle on the table closer to her, and began heating the blade.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 10:42

A flicker of amusement flashed in Gilaver's eyes.

"Well, your friend is about to find a people with even more independent women."
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 10:56

Aelos smiled as he looked at Karstan to solve it. When the latter walked over to Alm and gently pushed him away from the veccavi woman, he uncovered a small pouch and threw it on the table with a sigh.

"Excuse my friend, his brain is smaller than a bird's and the tongue is looser than a wolf's. Please accept my pouch of denars as apology."

Alm's grin disappeared as slapped the back of Karstan's head.

"What you mean smaller than a bird's brain? I'm smart enough to beat you bloody!"

The other three dragons rushed towards him and pushed their refilled mugs in his hands, "Drink some Ale, brother. Let's spend all those winnings heh?" their laughter and the look of so much good ale made Alm forget the whole situation as he returned to his seat and started drinking up all the denars he won fighting those Avendor knights.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 10:59

Boadice moved her dagger away from the candle, but stuck it back in the table.

"Pendorian brains must be small. And these males think only with what they have between their legs."
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:06

"Aye, Pendorians aren't all that smart. Though we are from Ravenstern.. our towns are build in eternal winter and our mannerism might look less civilised for someone of your noble heritage, but do not mistake us with foolish Pendorians."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:07

"Only a Male from Pendor would think there is some difference between them."

With that, she turned her attention back to Ravys.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:12

Rayvs sighed.

"I'm sorry that you had to witness that. We have our brutes, the same as everyone does. Not every Pendorian is like that."

Changing the topic, he said "I'm going back to the D'Shar lands soon, and I'd like to ask you to accompany me there. I could show you more of Pendor, and better examples and representations of what we are like.

Of course, if you still need convincing, we could always make a friendly wager..."
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:13

Karstan realised he fell right into it. She couldn't have been oblivious to them being Dragons from the north.

"I see now why you've left your island. You'll fit perfectly among the pleasure wenches in Sarleon."

After that last remark he returned to the table where Gilaver and Aelos sat. Feeling a change of subject was needed, he answered the Griffon's questionable look.

Last edited by Aelos on 16.02.13 11:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:15

"Choose the wording of this wager carefully."

Boadice's hand drifted towards the dagger sticking out of the table top... and then the Dragon spoke.

She pulled the dagger from the table, and put it back to the candle flame. A slight nod in the direction of the Dragons caused the two guards to begin walking towards them.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:31

Rayvs looked at the guards with worry in his eyes.

"Let's make the wager this; You call back your guards, and I'll fight for your honor. If I win, you accompany me to the D'shar lands, and you can decide if you want to continue traveling with me from there later. If I lose, we can go our separate ways and forget this conversation existed."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:32

As discussions continued throughout the tent, a lone man entered. He wore a white surcoat with a black-and-white sun symbol between his shoulders, beneath which was a heavy set of silver armor. Lucius, as he was known, narrowed his eyes and intensely studied the occupants of the tent; this expression was accentuated by a noticeable scar about finger-length stretching from the corner of his left eye to his cheek. This was a serious man.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:35

Boadice looked to the new entry. The man seemed to wear the same markings as the priest in Valonbray.

"Very well. You have a deal."
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:39

Ravys smiled, then got up and bowed slightly.

"As you say."

He walked over to the group of dragons, hand on the hilt of his sword.

"I hoped you'd have a bit more sense than that, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to challenge you to a duel."

He spoke to Karstan, but cautiously watched the others out of the corners of his eyes, noticing a man enter the tent.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:44

Karstan looked up in suprise, but before he could answer Aelos stood.

"If you want to challenge anyone, it'll be me."

Like all Sangendals before him, his left hand touched the silver dragon as he spoke. But it might go unnoticed, because the other five knights of the Dragon, including Karstan, got up as well and glared at the challenger in disgust...or was it amusement?.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:45

Lucius quickly realize what was occurring, but remained largely on the outskirts. Any observer could tell that this wasn't his element.

"Is this what passes for entertainment?" he mumbled to himself.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:46

This was one of the weirdest moments Mattus experienced in his time in Pendor. As he approached the Knight with the expensive Sword some bodyguard of him approached him with his shield ready. Just shortly afterwards both Knights vanished into a tent without giving him another look. Was he looking so intimidating or was he just not dressed accordingly. He looked down at himself but couldn't see anything special. He looked around and saw that the arena was empty so he walked over to the fighting area and started training.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:46

Boadice looked over the Dawn Knight.

"You're the closest thing to a gelded Pendorian here. -Is- this what passes for entertainment?"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:48

Rayvs looked up, surprised that Aelos stood.

"I have no quarrel with you. You weren't the one who spoke out. Unless he's a coward, and lets others fight their battles for him?"
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:50

"I am his captain, he interfered on my orders."

Aelos' voice had a hint of frustration as his knights were the cause of yet another scene in this drinking tent.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:53

"Leave him be, Ravys. A commander with men like that deserves whatever fate he finds."

She took another large sip of the ale and looked back to the Dawn Knight.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:54

Looking surprised that anyone would dare speak to him, Lucius cast an intimidating look at Boadice. He took several strong steps in that direction but stopped before he got too close.

"I'm surprised that you think I'm Pendorian. But no, this isn't what passes for entertainment in my experience," he said with an almost biting tone.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty16.02.13 11:55

Rayvs still frowned.

"When I was in Amala, my 'captain' ordered me to charge into an engagement we were losing, while he retreated like the coward he was. I was captured, and they didn't care who gave the orders. I was tortured the same, like the rest of my allies. I don't care if he interfered on your orders."

He looked over at Boadice, and said, "Are you sure?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next