A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)

Go down 
+4
Ser Varys
Sigwald
Pravenstern
Isabel Tenorio
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 13:20

"Not nearly as big as your mistake!"

Boadice pushed Ravys off of her with surprising strength. Her right hand felt on the ground for her dagger. Upon finding it, she put simply sheathed it... instead of gelding Ravys for touching her.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 13:21

Luckily the Dragons were close to the exit and had no trouble leaving it on time, but when the Eventider pointed his blade, all they saw was Aelos.

Aelos had been waiting outside and the second Ravys spoke, Icebreath was out as well, while the wielder stood next to the Dawnite.

"Don't be a fool, Eventider. This is a celebration, not a funeral."

The white steel of Ice was in contrast with the black blade of the aggressor. It was an interesting sight, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 13:23

"Hold your tongue. I don't have any more time to waste on you," Lucius told Rayvs. He was fuming and the fire in his eyes gave it away.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 13:26

Whatever fight might be ready to break out was stopped by the chaos of the many other celebrants. Large amounts of water had been stored nearby the tents for just such an occasion... well, minus the Dawn Knight starting it. Men on fire duty rushed forward with hand pumps to put out the fire. The plan to light a field in honor of the victory 500 years ago was canceled.

In the chaos of the fire the Knights could not find each other to fight.

OOC: Feel free to leave IC. Let's hold off on killing each other until we reach Windholm. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 13:27

Rayvs's eyes widened.

"This..this madman lit the tent on fire! And you seek to side with him?

Where is Astraea's justice, zealot? The poor merchant has now lost his wares, and his tent. Many people will likely be injured by this fire. You spoke of justice before; it is lost to you.

Who are you to tell me to hold my tongue? I see now why Astraea abandoned Pendor. Zealots, fanatics, and imbeciles like you are to blame."

Rayvs sheathed his sword.

"I am done with you."

He spat on the ground in front of him.

"Come, Boadice. We go to Singal, if you still accept my offer."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 13:28

Boadice left with Ravys to see the wonders of the infamous D'shar city. Her guards followed closely.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 13:31

Aelos smiled as he watched the fires with light amusement. He sure didn't regret coming south this time.

"your wench had ruined the tent already and my men drank his wares, has the woman gelded you already?"

With that they Dragons left the fields and returned to the North.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 13:42

Just as when he had entered, Lucius narrowed his eyes. The fury was still there, but the trembling rage was under control.

"You're exactly right, heretic. Astraea has abandoned Pendor; I have come here from Amala to once again bring justice to this land," the Dawnite answered.

Lucius turned on his heels, surcoat swirling behind him, and made for a horse dressed in the traditional Dawn color. He mounted the creature and galloped off in the direction of the Woods of Knudarr.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 13:47

Klaus ran towards the blazing tent, he merry making forgotten. He found a group of men struggling to move an empty barrel while others waited nearby, their hand pumps idle.

"Nee!" he called, seeing the problem. "Leave the barrel there, use those buckets, and form a line. We get water to this, then the pumps can splash, yes?" he continued tapping the barrel with his foot. Without waiting to see if the men obeyed his instruction, he began shoving men rushing towards the fire with buckets into a loose chain and motioned passing the vessels between them. Once some started to follow his instruction, he took up position at the end of the line, righted the barrel and began to throw water into it, throwing the empties to those who stood nearby still uncertain about what to do.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 17:07

As the fire raged on, one of the men was wearing a heavy armor with an Eventide insignia on it. He was in the line, busy helping the others put out the fire. When all was done, he walked over to the strange Mettenhiem man, and said,

"Excuse me, sir, but I would like to thank you for helping organize this mess. Alot of men could've been injured without your help. My name is Haroun; what is yours?"
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 17:40

Klaus was slightly startled to be approached by the stranger, but caught himself quickly, spreading a wide smile to the newcomer.

"I am called Klaus, it was no problem. This is the anniversary for Pendor, an important event, no? It would have been a shame to let it end in disaster, so someone needed to step in and make sure the fire was fought, and I just saw what needed to be done" Klaus said, wiping some soot from his face "It is good that others like you came to help, so it was not just me!"

The Mettenheimer turned to those near him, clapping people on their shoulders and shaking hands with his fellow workers, pausing once or twice to stamp out glowing embers. A small group of the firefighters congregated, each talking and laughing with their partners, many of them sharing stories of the struggle with those they had never met before, just like the Griffon and the Eventider.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 18:31

Haroun smiled.

"You are a good man. I hope there are many more like you in Mettenhiem. By any chance, have you seen another man wearing the same Eventide armor as me? I'm looking for one of my knight-brothers, but he seemed to have gone missing."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty16.02.13 22:24

Gilaver watched the scene develop in front of his eyes. While he hadn't done anythigna obvious, he was preparing to interfere if the situation got out of hand. He decided to remain seated when the Dragons and others left, not caring about the hassle. When the tent was set on fire, Gilaver calmly emptied his goblet, and proceeded to exit the tent through the less cluttered hole. There he proceeded to watch the verbal bout between the Dawnite and Ravys.

"Quite the interesting show you two put up there."

Gilaver off-handedly remarked to Ravys, referring to him and Lucius.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty17.02.13 5:14

Klaus shook his head.

"No, I only just arrived here when I saw the blaze from the drinking tent over there" he said, waving at another identical setup to the one lying ruined beneath their feet.

"I will help you search if you are concerned though"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty17.02.13 5:15

The fire was contained without excessive damage. The two tents on either side of the burned one suffered minor damage, but could still serve their patrons. Tragically the 'good wine and ale' had burned away. Perhaps the Dawn Knight truly did purge sin...
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty17.02.13 7:19

Haroun shook his head, and gave a gracious smile.

"No, I'm sure he couldn't have gone too far. Thank you for your help, kind sir."

With that, he bowed his head and headed off.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty17.02.13 8:41

A bard began to sing and play his stringed instrument. The applause of the commoners blocked out some of the song.

".. All hail to Kamos, the Kicker of Queens!"
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty17.02.13 9:14

Gilaver listened to the song, or whatever could be heard out of the applause. The rhythm and melody seemed eeriely familiar, but he couldn't quite place the feeling. Then came the last part, and Gilaver was hit with a splitting headache. Two voices spoke in his head, but he didn't recognize them.

Spoiler:

When the headache subsided, Gilaver was leaning on a tent pole. With practised ease, he left his temporary support.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty17.02.13 10:05

As Mattus saw the tent burn down he just shook his head. He lives now more than one year in Pendor and it seems that everything his family told him was true. The military Orders are just too powerful and they use this power to harm each other. The greater good of they land has no meaning for them. They life such easy and secure lives that they are fighting over vanities.
Mattus left the arena immediately and returned to his horse. He took some bread and water and sat down at the nearest fireplace to have some time to think.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty17.02.13 11:38

Haroun walked up to Gilaver, only to see him right himself in seconds.

He bowed his head slightly, and said "Excuse me sir, but have you seen another Knight of the Eventide around here?"

--------------------------

Rayvs lead Boadice and her guards to his horse, and saw that another one bearing the Eventide insignia was there.

Turning to Boadice, he smiled and said, "Just a moment."

He went over to Mattus, and said, "Good evening, sir. Have you seen another Eventide knight around here?"
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty17.02.13 19:03

"One walked with a Veccavian there."

Gilaver answered with a point to the direction where Ravys and Boadice had gone.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty17.02.13 21:40

Mattus looks up and finishes chewing before he answers.

"A member of the Eventide? I am sorry but I haven't seen one. You might want to check the burning Tent. I heard that the Knights of the Dawn like to burn Knights of your Order."
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty18.02.13 3:54

Haroun nodded.

"Thank you for your time. My name is Haroun. What is yours?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayvs frowned.

"I was there at the tent. He was trying to burn everyone inside of it. Not just me."

With that, Rayvs turned to Boadice and said, "Haroun will catch up. Let's be on our way."

He mounted his horse, and waited for Boadice.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty18.02.13 3:59

"Gilaver. You should hurry, unless you wish to prolong your search."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty18.02.13 5:20

Boadice waited while her guards led her stallion to her. The eunuchs' horses were weighted down with baggage... presumably all belonging to Boadice herself.

"How far is it to his Singal?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: The Fields of Pendor (IC)-
Jump to: