A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)

Go down 
+4
Ser Varys
Sigwald
Pravenstern
Isabel Tenorio
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigwald

Sigwald

Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 11:57

"Shut your tongue, Veccavi."

Aelos had heard enough insults and japes at their expensive. His men knew it and they were still carrying their blunted weapons from the mockfights. Then he adressed the challenger again;

"At least Ravenstern knows loyalty and pride."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 11:58

"Don't question me, Male."

Another sip of ale finished her cup.

"This one plays at being a commander. He'll end up in a ditch, stabbed by his own men, within a month."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:02

The Dawn Knight grunted his displeasure at the scene unfolding before him. He considered saying something but then decided against it… for now.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:04

Rayvs laughed.

"Loyalty and pride? Please explain why Ravenstern revolted more than any other region in Pendor. After all, they were quite loyal to the King, according to you. Nevermind; I already know your answer. Ravenstern is only loyal to itself. Before you become enraged at me questioning your 'honor' and 'loyalty'', just remember; every other order fought the Cult. Yours didn't."

Rayvs drew his sword, then put it back in his sheath.

"As you say, Boadice."
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:04

"Whoe I was wrong! She's not as smart as mi mother. Just a pretty face hm?" Alm said to Wulven, who agreed with a grin as his hands disappeared to the knives on his back.

Aelos smiled when he heard her words and let his left hand rest on the table, instead of the sword.

"Like I said before, you'll fit better with the pleasure wenches, as it seems you have no real skills besides shooting some arrows."

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:06

Boadice nudged the coins that Aelos had provided to her earlier.

"But I don't leave here with less coin than I entered, Male. Mind that man behind you."

She stood, motioned to her guard to pick up the small bag of coins, and walked towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:08

"What petty arguments," Lucius said, "this brings no one closer to Astraea." And with that he crossed his arms, staring down the squabbling knights.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:10

he could've made a comment about the pleasure wenches and their coins, but decided against it. Instead he faced her puppy challenger and asked;

"Your sword and armor interest me, what Order do you represent?"

Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:11

Rayvs frowned.

"I am from the Eventide."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:13

"You don't say." was Gilaver's muttered answer to the Dawnete's comment before he turned his attention to the newcomer. He didn't recognize the man but there was something intriguing about him that kept Gilaver's attention focused on him.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:15

"I shouldn't care about it, but don't think my ancestors didn't fight that cult. You'd be suprised."

Aelos then sat down again, suggesting their conversation was over. His Dragons followed his example and returned to their mugs of Ale, but they took sips, instead of gulps.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:16

Lucius heard that single word and it was all that he needed to hear.

"Heretic," he spat in a hushed voice as his eyes focused on Rayvs.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:21

Rayvs smiled.

"I'd be surprised if the Dragons gave one shit about what happened outside of their cold lands."

Hearing the Dawnite speak, Rayvs turned around and raised his eyebrow.

"Heretic? Not quite. Though, by the look of it, I think I would be right saying 'burning zealot'."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:27

"Not quite?" Lucius asked incredulously. "Do you think yourself amusing, heretic? There is no denying the truth before Astraea. You may lie before us mortals but the goddess will judge you for eternity."

Suddenly the Amalan looked impassioned and his eyes flickered with a new intensity.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:35

Rayvs started laughing.

"You call me a heretic? Please, tell me more about how you 'cleansed' some villages with fire. You think Astraea supports you? You think she believes in your 'righteous' cause? Astraea's will died with Roland's death. Her will is tainted in Pendor because of your order, and the atrocities it caused. Astraea no longer believes justice is attainable in Pendor because of people like you."

Suddenly, Rayvs's eyes darkened.

"Astraea has already shown me her 'justice' and her 'mercy'. Oh, what cruel irony it is. A Dawnite come preaching to me about justice."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:44

"I should kill you where you stand!" the Dawn Knight exclaimed. "Astraea will not stand for this kind of blasphemy! Every act committed by our Order was completely necessary and sanctioned by the goddess. Those who do not believe this will suffer her final judgment; you may not understand her ways, but not every mortal can. I would expect no less from someone of your heresy!"

Lucius was now barely keeping his anger under control, nearly trembling. The words that this wayward Knight was saying would surely bring about punishment from Astraea. Of that he was convinced!
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:46

Boadice stepped back into the tent.

"This is why gelding is better than vows of chastity. Aren't you coming, Ravys? I was hoping to see this Singal."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:50

"He's going nowhere."

Lucius took several strides to the exit, making sure to be between Rayvs and the woman speaking to him.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:54

Boadice drew her gelding dagger and stepped back out of the door way. She walked several steps to the side, and began cutting a hole in the tent. No doubt the owner was greatly distressed... but surely a torn tent was the least of his current worries.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:55

Rayvs smiled "Aren't you the perfect representation of a just, merciful and compassionate knight? Astraea stood for this 'blasphemy' much longer than you think. If every act was sanctioned by Astraea, then tell me, zealot, why was there the Red Dawn crisis? When even your own order split into sides and began killing each other? Why was the Judicator deposed? Even history disagrees with your radical stupidity. I guess I will be punished by Astraea after all, but I don't see what more she can do to me."

He turned to face Boadice.

"Of course."

With that, he walked toward the hole the Vecavvian was making, keeping the Dawnite in his sight and slightly drawing his sword. Something was strange about it..something about the color.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 12:57

"I guess she won't leave with more coins than she came with, after all." Aelos smiled as he watched the crazed Veccavi woman cut her way into the tent.

"There are no gods, only Dragons."

He stood up, immediatly followed by his knights, and left the tent laughing as they blocked the Eventider from leaving.

"Guess she'll have to cut another hole."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 13:03

If this had been like the old times, Lucius surely would've demanded that this heretic burn. Unfortunately, he knew all too well that this was not the time for true justice.

"I do not answer for stupidity, heretic. Man, as evidenced by yourself, is flawed beyond belief. But any mortal with more intelligence than a rat can see the truth!" he snarled. "Astraea doesn't change just because we have arguments. Justice is always justice."
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 13:10

Rayvs smiled, then threw a parting word over his back.

"I guess you must be a deaf rat as well. Arguments do not account for killings. I heard that the streets of Javikshlom ran red with blood. I wish you the best of luck in tripping onto your sword, zealot. "

He waited while Boadice finished cutting a hole out of the tent, eyes on the Dawnite.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 13:15

Lucius reacted with startling speed, making his way to the nearest table with a candle. He grabbed it—not how you would expect; he clutched it from the top, the palm of his hand engulfed in flame—and made for the exit. With his surcoat flowing behind him, he stepped through the exit and threw the candle at the flammable canvas fabric of the tent.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty16.02.13 13:18

Rayvs saw the knight grab the candle, and head outside. He took no time for words, and unsheathed his sword. All that saw it gasped; it was jet black. He quickly slashed the hole in the net, and tackled Boadice out with him, rolling outside onto the ground as the fire englulfed the tent seconds later. He quickly got to his feet, and stood with a strange stance, pointing the blade towards the Dawn knight.

"You've made quite a big mistake."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)   Festival of the Burning Fields (IC) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Festival of the Burning Fields (IC)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next