A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Meeting

Go down 
+11
Pravenstern
William Alatin III
Evedas
Sir Nickolas
Sigwald
Isabel Tenorio
Sir Lucius
Arcanum
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Laisha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 11:50

Alexandria's troops never had the chance to walk 'with' the Legion cohort. In an instant, the disciplined men turned to face the interloper. Four Marinus halberds pointed at the unknown people, while each Legionnaire drew a sword. For Seleucia's part, she reached over her shoulder and pulled a javelin from her back while her left arm lifted the tower shield to protect her body.

"Off you go, Pendorian. This is a Shadow Legion affair, now go."

Seleucia had given the newcomer Centurion only the smallest of nods, and had yet to say another word.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 12:06

Rayvs began laughing, a strange outburst in the middle of all the commotion.

"All hell has broken lose. I see why they called this meeting. Oh, I was such a fool, the truth was staring at me all along!"

Hearing Lucius's outburst, Rayvs murmured, "And the traitors show themselves at last."

Standing up suddenly, any facade of exhaustion was relinquished, and everyone could clearly see this man was ready for a full-blown war. His entire armor, dark and carved with strange symbols was polished to perfection, something he had done the night before. Unsheathing Dusk, the dark blade shimmered with unholiness, exuding a sense of dread on those present. Rayvs shouted across the yard, and Haroun rushed to his side, holding his oddly shaped helmet. The rest of the Eventide began assembling, shaking off their fatigue and dressing for war. Rayvs accepted the helmet from Haroun, whispering something into his ear, and donned it. Resting the blade on his shoulder Rayvs approached Valdor, saying,

"I'd suggest leaving before the Duchess arrives in force. I'll take care of the scholar for now. Safe travels."

Rayvs approached the wise man, saying, "Walk with me. We have much to discuss."

The Eventide detachment had gotten ready in this time, and was waiting for Rayvs to finish speaking.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 12:12

Shrugging Alexis motioned for her men and took off at a run towards the warf easily out pacing the more heavily armoured cohort.

" Don't take to long then I know how you legion people get tired when you don't have a horse to do your work for you.

You should really consider being more polite to people it would help lessen the general hatred towards your people.
"
Back to top Go down
Marcus Merula

Marcus Merula

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 12:22

Marcus shrugged and was about to take his place in the outskirts of the formation, when an unknown man said something to the commander. He knew it was provocation, but after such a hard day...

"Mind your own business. It's the Legion's affair - you heard what the ... Trierarch said." He had almost said 'slave' in place of her title.

Then he joined the formation, absorbing himself into the familiar drills.
Back to top Go down
Alexandria1
Banned
Alexandria1

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 12:33

Smiling to herself Alexis slowed down slightly and removing her helmet for a moment Flashed a dazzling smile over her shoulder before offering an exaggerated salute with her sword and blowing a kiss.

Laughing she then called out absently as she put her helmet back on.

" I've run into your legion before and they were as rude as your leader, I had to teach them how to speak to a woman who is offering help. One day you all will need help and on that day you might well regret being so rude.
As your fellows did when I " instructed " them on how to be civil.
"
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 13:24

Morek wasn't blind and he wasn't stupid either, the situation had gone to hell and now it was time to see where the pieces fell. But before that he needed an outlet for his rage at the stupidity of it all. He slammed his gauntleted fist down on the top of the table, his strength almost ennough to crack the wood. His anger dispersed the calm reutrned and with it his wits.

The lion was against him, likely for not being a lap dog of the duchess like he was the duchess wanted all their heads and the siuation called for action. Morek felt a tugging feeling at the back of his mind and he straightened. He knew the course to take.

The radiant marched towards lucius and the bishop, the feeling that he was doing the right thing growing with each step. He halted before the pair and began to speak, his conquistadors with him as the radiant contingent readied themsleves for war and arrayed themselves behind the conquistadors in ordered ranks.

"The radiant cross stands with the knights of the Dawn. Astreas work needs doing and we answer her cal if you will have us. Might I suggest we march on e wharfs, if the bishop is to rule the people must see the dawn as men of action."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 14:38

"Those were my thoughts exactly, Sir Morek. May the Goddess guide and protect us!" Lucius said zealously. They couldn't afford to wait any longer anyway.

In a moment, the Dawn arranged themselves in loose but aggressive formation. Sir Lucius drew his sword and briskly headed in the direction of the fighting with his men in tow, leaving Sir Vinson's men to protect the Bishop.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 14:57

When the obviously idiotic boy arrived at the meeting shouting about an attack, Gilaver found himself confused. As far as he was aware, the other detachment was deployed quite far from the Duke's wharf which he assumed to be the meant place. Then his eyes narrowed at the man. He spoke in a venomous voice while others were busy panicking.

"What do you mean messenger? Attack? Did you actually watch the whole event or just noticed some people in armour and assumed they were enemies charging in?"

Although Gilaver didn't mention it, he suspected this to be a ruse on the part of the rebels.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 15:52

The sound of hobnailed boots rang through the streets as the Radiant Cross followed the Knights of the Dawn out into the city. The half of the plaguewardens had their shields at the ready with their hands on their blades. The other half marched with their crossbows drawn and heavy steel bolts slotted home. THe Knights themselves marched interspersed amongst their retainers, their mighty polehammers poking above the heads of the mass of men that marched. Morek lead his men from the front with his ever present Barclayans close behind. Eventually the Dawn and Radiant men began to become interspersed, forming a stronger body of well trained and disciplined soldiers.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 16:10

Equally confused, Natir followed Gilaver's questioning. "Yes, did you see them, all my men are here, and Captain Seph was posted...." Natir's surprised expression vanished, and was replaced with a expression of dread, and disappointment as he reliased Seph must of found a way into the city.

He called for his men to mount and prepare to ride
" Sir Gilaver shall we mount and go to the wharf to see if there is any truth behind these allegations?"
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 23:01

"Rally to me men of the north! See how the lions run with their tails between their legs! Run you cowards! You will burn in hell before two years are out! Your not a lion, just a lowly house cat!"

The raging furry made the Thanes shouting face red

"Dragons rally, KLOVIS! Find Aelos, Alex and the others rally here! There will be blood tonight!"
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty24.05.13 23:16

"Excuse me Knight-Commander, we might be Knights, but our job is not fighting, in the open anyway." Pascal spoke to Alex, and waved for Gaspar, who he just noticed, to come. "I am going to find the rest of my man.Good luck." And he rushed into the the city, heading for the tavern.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 1:19

Klovis nodded, but realised he had no idea how to find them in such a large town. It came as a suprise when the normally slow Alm gave him directions.

"Alex was looking for a Garth the shy. I remember because he was heading to a tavern in the Artisan district."

That was good enough for Klovis and he left the meeting place to search for his captain.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 2:18

"Quickly as you can we will act soon" he shouted after Klovis

"Dragons gather around, we will keep watch for the cowardly Lions until Aelos comes"
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 4:53

Evedas met up with Jafik and his Bounty Hunters, who were watching the meeting ever since the morning. They hid themselves around the church, in the alley, on rooftop, crossbow loaded.

-Jafik, you and your people need to get ready. Follow me and provide back up when me and the black knight moves. Stay hidden and be careful. If we make it, come along. I need your extended service.

Jafik and his band agreed, and prepared to move.

Evedas entered the meeting again, just to see chaos. He hurried toward Rayvs, and notice the man next to him.

-That must be it, brother Rayvs. We should be going, to the port. Tell your knights to come as well. The newest Eventider that came here has a ship, and I think it is the best way to get away. I've already told the others to prepare our exit.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 5:11

Rayvs looked confused for a second.

"What must be it? We still haven't found our Knight-Commander. He's still in the city, and I've been locked up in a stupid meeting for the entire day."

Rayvs lowered his voice, and said

"And that damn 'bishop' still hasn't given me the signal."

Rayvs turned again to the Vanskerry man next to him.

"I need all the information you can provide me about the topic we discussed. We need to hurry, too."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 6:11

After his outburst, Gilaver calmed down quite a bit. He started to ponder over the situation for a few seconds before calling in the knights he had. He also turned to look at the scout.

"I appologize for my outburst, lad. But I find this situation as confusing as you do, if you believe me that is. However, Sir Natir."

The Griffon turned to look at the Ranger.

"I think we shhould stick together for a while, people are confused over this and might act irrationally. It is better if we have each other's back until this situation is remedied. Let's ride, we need to reach the place and see what happened."

Gilaver looked at the scout again.

"Could you tell where exactly these things happened? This demands investigation."

OOC: Won't wait long for the answer, we need to leave soon.
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 6:34

-Well we can take our time still, but let not waste it. And the holy ground is not just a good place anyway. Say brother, care to explain the situation? Why is the meeting a chaos?

Evedas glanced at the other knights. Obviously something happened that made them jumping like monkeys.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 7:39

In response to the demanded answers, the young man shouted, "I am a messenger, sent by Lord Kilnam from the Duke's Wharf!"

As the meeting erupted and fell apart, the rebel delegation, their Vanskerry and Mystmountain guards closing ranks around them, began to withdraw. "Duchess!" shouted Barbarossa suddenly, his eyes focused on her retreating form. "We held back in hopes that we could come to a peaceful end. No longer! This will end, one way or another!"

The bishop rose and walked past the commotion and approached Lucius. "It seems conflict was unavoidable, after all," he lamented. "However, your show of support for Astraea's rule is noted, sir knight." Nodding, he walked to the church, where the doors were quickly, and audibly, barred.

The messenger, having caught his breath, eyed Gilaver and Natir with malice, recognizing their armor, and moved to join Valdor's group. Whoever Lord Kilnam was, he was with the rebels.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 7:43

Gilaver continues to the Wharf with his troops.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 13:15

A while later, three armored Dragons on destriers join up with Alatin's force together with a man in a bloodsoaked shirt and a courser. The latter rides up to the Thane while the entire Dragon party assume their standard formation.

"To the wharf then, Thane Alatin?"
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 13:16

"Aye to the warf!"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 13:47

Rayvs begins walking with the wise man and Evedas, whispering something to the both of them.

Turning to Evedas, he said clearly now, "We head to the harbor to regroup. Then we need to split, with some going to the wharves and some staying in the city. A war is about to break loose, and we need to be prepared."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty25.05.13 17:17

"Yes that sounds wise to me." Natir replied to Gilaver.

Turning back to his men he called
"Form up behind me we ride to the Duke's Wharf, follow the Griffons."

With that he got on his horse and followed the Griffons.
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty26.05.13 2:13

Nodded to respond to Rayvs, Evedas put on an sinister smile.

-The city is my playground. And fighting in this city is like playing on my playground. But we must guarantee our task is done too eh. Besides, I left something here and I don't plan on leaving without it.

While walking, Evedas felt uneasy and noted Rayvs.

-I don't know how you feel about the Dawn but I hate them with a fiery passion. I don't know if those zealots will leave us alone. Be on guard, I've got your back.

Suddenly reminded of something, Evedas looked around and turned to Rayvs, laughing.

-I saw the face of the Eventide Knights, a bloodthirsty bunch. We won't get out without a fight bwahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Meeting
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next