A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Meeting

Go down 
+11
Pravenstern
William Alatin III
Evedas
Sir Nickolas
Sigwald
Isabel Tenorio
Sir Lucius
Arcanum
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Laisha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty15.05.13 17:54

Valdor gestured to his entourage and the Mystmountains moved to set up a place for the Duchess and her group. The men seemed nigh oblivious to the Dragons' distaste for them, their unintended comedy aside. When the chairs were finally set, Valdor gestured to the one opposite from the one he intended to take alongside Barbarossa. The Duchess sighed and relented, motioning for Wulfred and Jorm to follow.

As they seated themselves, the doors to the church opened and Bishop Gundar emerged. He smiled amiably to all present, even the Eventide, as he made his way to Valdor.

"Bishop." Valdor inclined his head and dropped into a half-bow as they shook hands. Barbarossa, seemingly unaware of how to behave around the bishop, tried his best to imitate Valdor's gestures, though doing them simultaneously proved to be a bit awkward for the butcher. Crossing the table, Gundar bowed to the Duchess and Lord Wulfred, before shaking the hand of Jorm. He took a seat at the middle of the table.

Valdor spoke up as the older man sat. "As neither the Duchess, nor I, nor anyone present can truly moderate this meeting, I have asked the Bishop to lend his influence and neutrality to this table." He glanced at the Dawn knights. "How, you might ask, did I get a message to the Bishop? I'm afraid that's a trade secr--"

"As I do with most people of import in this city," interrupted the bishop suddenly, "I have developed ways of communicating with them through messengers and various other signals. Indeed, I received a message from the Duchess requesting the very same thing." He produced two pieces of paper from...somewhere. He looked at a slightly mortified-looking Valdor. "What? People would think I was on your side if I didn't tell them the truth."
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty15.05.13 21:39

William sat impatiently, formalities were such a drag sometimes, not to mention the fact that Valdor seemed to be mocking the presence of men of Ravenstern with his "Body guards"

"If its not too much trouble His words were thickly laced with sarcasm might we get this meeting underway and skip the niceties, if you haven't noticed there is a rebellion going on outside."

He smirked and then went quiet
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty17.05.13 12:44

"Perhaps we should get to the matter at hand," said Barbarossa, his expression largely unreadable. "After all, this is our first opportunity to talk to the Duchess about our concerns and I don't think we'll get another chance, Conrad."

Valdor looked down at his fellow leader. "I suppose that's true."

"The only real opportunity at this meeting is to imprison the both of you," said the Duchess imperiously, her arms crossed before her. Reflexively, the Mystmountains and Vanskerries reached for their weapons.

"Now, now, my Lady, that is not why we are here." The bishop had noticed the movement to his left. "Perhaps it would be worthwhile to at least hear out both men? I imagine the attending knights would agree, if only to avoid needless bloodshed."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty17.05.13 14:24

Trierarch Seleucia arrived a few moments late to the meeting. She no longer had javelins on her back, nor a helmet, nor shield. Her sword remained at her hip, however. Her golden hair was tied behind her back with simple black fabric, and perhaps most remarkably: She did not smell. Not of horse dung or fish as most commoners, and not of the expensive perfumes that the merchants and nobles favored. Had she managed to bathe with soap recently?

As soon as she took her seat, she spoke with her thick Amalan accent.

"Forgive my speaking out of turn, Lord Bishop. Perhaps we should hear what the King's men have to say? No doubt the Silver Chair does not approve of a Duchess creating chaos."

Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty17.05.13 16:35

Natir ordered his troops to fall back into nearby buildings a wait for his orders, taking one man to stand by near the meeting. He went and sat down, a little late because he heard there be no official start to the meeting.
Hearing the Imperial's statement, he spoke up.
"Let us not force the representatives for the King speak just yet, neither side has spoken their case yet, I may be wrong, but if the King has the same information that the Clarion Call has, then his information is like ours and severely lacking, or am I just not informed well because I was late?"
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty18.05.13 5:46

While the Dragons were still spitting, one of them, Sir Klovis, walked around the meeting place and offered a sip of Rane's finest ale to all those gathered. One by one he walked around inconspicious, but when he reached one of the Dawnites a small parchment changed hands while the mug was refused by the sober man of faith.

Aelos didn't seem to notice, because he had all his attention on the actual meeting.

"Does it matter who speaks first? Just say what you have to say."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty19.05.13 2:44

Lady Greysword scowled around the table, looking at each participate in turn. Her left hand dropped to the sword hilt at her hip, while her right rested on the table.

"I would rather hear from the Orders first. I granted you entry into my city to put a stop to these rebels' pretensions, not to support them."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty19.05.13 3:04

"Lady Greysword you gathered us to stop a rebellion, you never said anything about stopping it by killing the rebels. Thus we will take what action we deem appropriate" The Thane's eyes sparkled, he now looked as if he was amused by the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty19.05.13 3:10

Morek nodded as theThane spoke.

"The Dragon is correct. Pendor has seen oceans of blood spilled in the past, if there is a way to avoid adding to them it shoukd be taken. My order may have entered the city to search for our comrade, but we are also here to render what aid we could to the city. I would be betraying my knightky vows and my oaths to the gods if I stood by and allowed the slaying of innocents out of hand."
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 6:42

The bishop nodded at the knights' words, perhaps inadvertently appearing absent-minded. "As it stands," he said after Morek's words, "it strikes me that a purpose of this meeting is to have the rebel leaders voice their concerns."

"That is indeed a large part of this gathering," agreed Valdor. "Frankly, had the Duchess merely considered our complaints in the first place, or given a reason for her actions, none of this would have been necessary."

Barbarossa nodded firmly and made eye contact with the nobles. "Yes. Taking the money of the people like this...commoner and merchant alike. How do you expect any of us to survive on the pittance we're left with? And now we hear that it is to pay off debts? How can you justify this, Duchess?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty20.05.13 6:54

Sir Lucius listened intently as those gathered for the meeting spoke. His gaze was focused and serious, but he didn't actually say anything and merely listened.

Meanwhile, Sir Jofrid, one of the Dawnites, accepted the parchment from Sir Klovis and quietly read its contents. After a moment, he gave the Dragon a knowing look before approaching Knight-Brother Lucius who was seated at the meeting table. He handed the parchment to Lucius as discreetly as possible and waited for him to read it. Lucius then returned the parchment with a nod; Jofrid started to return to the rest of the Dawnites but directed a nod at the Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 6:06

Lady Greysword glared at the two rebels, seemingly content to ignore the treason of the Orders.

"As Duchess of Windholm it is my feudal right to levy taxes on my subjects. There is no Order here to defend my city and my family. The days of a Royal Army garrison are long gone. The friendship between the Crown, Griffons and my illustrious forefather, the Stonehand, died with them. It falls to me to raise the defenses, to pay the troops and feed the fires of the barracks."

She sighed as her gaze pierced all those around the table in turn, while more anger gradually filled her voice.

"I will not be questioned in the matter of my own realm. The power to levy taxes and raise troops was restored to Lord of Windholm without limit by the King's decree. Challenge my right and you challenge not only the Crown that allows you to wave those ridiculous banners your Orders are so fond of, but the noble lords who provide the coin to pay for them!"

Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 6:30

"Your grace, no one is challenging your rightas a ruler under his majesty at all. As you said you are well within your rights to levy taxes, but it should not be at the undue or unfair cost of your people. Protecting them only to have them rioting in the strees due to starvation is as poor a result as dying in a raid by the 'skerries. Though not all the fault is yours."

Moreks gaze turned on valdor, the black eye slots of his helm fixing upon the guildmaster.

"Perhaps the merchant princes of the city might have considered lending aid before the need for the taxes came about in the first place. Im sure the gratitude of the leader of windholm would be worth more than wanting her to see you hung and your head impaled on a spike."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty21.05.13 13:56

"You Lady Greysword as ruler of this city you are required to look out for the interest of the common man you are over. I have no intention of ruling this city, look to the lions for that, however you must be reasonable with your people. For instance if you need protection of your city request an order to remain here o protect the people. The Dawn after all are not far off and can help you if need be." William settled back in his chair

"Despite what you may think, you hold no power over us."
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 6:29

Pascal approached the meeting place, removed his hood with gauntlet insignia in his hand, and sited on empty seat near the table.

"I am official representative of Knights of Ebony Gauntlet." And after that he remained silent
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 13:47

Lord Wulfred glanced at the Gauntlet, then turned his glare towards the Dragon.

"Mind your tongue, Northerner. Or I'll show you the power of a the blade."

The Lion's eyes didn't move from Thane Alatin's own. The greatest swordsman in Pendor began to show his arrogance again, or perhaps he just wished to re-establish his dominance over the meeting.

-------------------------------------

Seleucia smiled at the spectacle, silently betting with herself that the Dragon wouldn't let it go. Without her helmet, she seemed a bit more lively, expression-wise.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 13:53

"Now now my dear little Lion, we didn't mean to upset you, just to tell the truth. So go ahead show us what a good swordsman you are, murder me in front of all gathered here. Loose what honor you have left."

His words were a sickly sweet with a small grin forming on his lips
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 14:04

Morek coughed politely.

"sir thane, if one antagonizes a bear and dies you don't blame the bear, the one who died brought it on himself. I don't think you crossing swords with lord wulfred will help anything."

And stop trying to start a damned war you bloody fool morek thought privately.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 14:09

"I am telling the truth. The only one who might have any interest in ruling Windholm is Sir Wulfred. If that offends then he is in the wrong. I have no desire to fight him. He should have no desire to fight me. If he cannot keep it civil then he is wrong.

William was cross now and he could feel bloodrage coming on. He must fight it.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 14:16

The radiant was silent for a moment before speaking again.

"He is hardly the only one who might wish to rule windholm, the duchess IS the ruler and there are others who have their eye upon it." Morek threw a pointed glance at the guildmaster beneath his helm. "For such a proud northerner I would guess you know that when one feels their honor is at stake there must be a challenge or warning given. Lord wulfred would be well within his rights to challenge you as you would have the same rights to challenge one who suggested foul things of fair ravenstern."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 14:54

"I am no match for his swordsmanship, and he is no match for bear fists. I also would like to note that there is no quarrel with you radiant."

His fists were clenched white with rage
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 15:40

Sir Natir stood up. "That is enough arguing. There is a time and place to settle disputes of honour, but this is not that time. You are getting distracted from the actual issue. If you cannot be civilized, than I suggest you leave. You have no place in this meeting. We are here to the claims of the Butcher and Merchant, and to attempt to negotiate a peaceful solution if it is at all possible. We are not here to quarrel among ourselves, save it for a better time. Now please can we get back to that." Stood for a moment, than indicated for the butcher or the merchant to speak.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 15:59

Rayvs scowled.

"Listen to the Clarion. It would almost seem as if some of you are delaying for something...."

He began to cough, seemingly sick.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty22.05.13 18:26

"The Clarion speaks the truth," said the bishop suddenly. "With all respect, your squabbling can wait until later."

"Indeed, for there are many complaints which must be voiced to the Duchess." The noble seated closest to Valdor spoke. He was an older man, perhaps in his forties. He seemed experienced and confident. "Her decrees have harmed every man, woman and child in this city. She slows commerce by taxing the merchants and makes the commons poor. She even demands military service of the nobility, violating our ancient rights. It is one thing if our children choose to become warriors, another entirely if they are pressed into service."

"Yet, she would not listen to us," added Barbarossa. "If it could be avoided, we'd prefer not to overthrow the Duchess, but if she refuses to listen to reason, we will have no choice!" He slammed his fist into the table, shaking it, his eye contact unwavering.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty23.05.13 5:06

Seleucia smiled, but quickly suppressed it with the hope that no one noticed.

"You have no choice. This rebellion has proven that. Who then will rule Windholm? This council seems well-suited, minus the Orders present."

-----------------------------------
Wulfred shot Seleucia a glare before interjecting.

"Only abdication removes the Duchess, not an overthrow. I'd have thought your Orders would have learned your lesson a century ago."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Meeting   IC Scene - The Meeting - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Meeting
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next