A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Stables

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aodh

Aodh

IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty26.03.13 1:05

"For now the Clarrion Call will pay for the lost horses, if their owners return."
"Captain Seph, my men are lighter and better suited to catching horses. Your men can start repairs on the Stables." Turning to his men. "Men quick gather all the horses you can and bring them back, don't lose sight of each though, quickly before they get too far."
Turning back to Seph after he was out of earshot of the owner. He whispered "Now while you repair the stables, look for any clues of who might of done this. I'll go and try to get us to be granted entrance to the city, stay around here or head back to the camp, and try not to make any more trouble for the Order and yourself."
Natir walked over to the guards, and said "After we clean up the situation at the stables, tell the Duchess that the Clarrion Call apologized for the actions of their Captain Seph, and are truely here to serve the Duchess, so if she be willing we are eager to enter the city and help her in anyway possible."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty26.03.13 4:20

Natir.

Approaching Sir Natir, Seph whispers briefly in his ear.
" My men are going to search the area for anybody else watching us, or whoever cut them free. "

Stepping back Seph then looked suitably insulted.
" My men are Knights Sir Natir, they do not do manual labor and they wouldn't know how to repair it even if they tried, they have other jobs to do. "

Seph then gave a swift series of hand signals to his men.

Action.

Send 8 of the uninjured men out in pairs to scout the entire area for any sign of the attacker or anybody else spying on us in any way shape or form in the area.

Last edited by Mesor on 26.03.13 6:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty26.03.13 4:45

Natir sighed, but submitted to the Knight-Captains authority. He ordered 6 of his men back, he ordered two to tend the to wounded and the other 4 to assist the Stable owner in the repairs of the stable. Then he turned back the to guards.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty26.03.13 5:53

Meanwhile Belia tought that she is waiting for way to long so she unveiled her hood and sat near wall, she wasn't hiding, she even started whistling.When guards from stables passed by she asked, in unintersted voice.

"Something happened?"
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty29.03.13 7:12

The guard regarded Natir more amiably than Seph. "Well, if you're willing to help fix the trouble caused here, I definitely see no reason to take you in...yet." He leaned in close to Natir. "Keep an eye on your friend there. He caused a disturbance in the Duchess' presence before, so he's on thin ice."

Turning to the stable owner, he finished with, "Call us again if you have any more trouble, sir."

As the guard left the scene and the Clarion Call dispersed, the scene seemed to calm down again. A close look at the slain horses showed that none were owned by any of the orders present in the city, though two appeared to be of good stock. Reimbursing them, while well within the Clarion Call's budget, was not going to be pleasant either.

Seph's search around the stables revealed nothing in the immediately area, a development that surprised none of the men.

Along the path, the guards paused at Bella's question. "A few horses got loose ma'am, nothing to concern yourself with," answered one, and they continued on their way.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty29.03.13 11:38

Send the men to search further along the paths for anybody at all, anybody discovered is to be brought back to me for questioning.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty29.03.13 21:21

Natir nodded showing he understood the importance of keeping watch over Seph.
He then turned to the stables and sighed. The Order would not be pleased with the cost this mission was amounting to. When he got back, he would have to have a word with his superiors explaining the cost and seeing what the order should do with Captain Seph.
Calling to Seph
"Try to find who did this, then we can at least get them to pay for the dead horses."
Natir walked over to the stables to see if he could find any clues to what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty01.04.13 17:42

The owner, forgotten in the last few minutes, grumbled something about seeing the Clarion Call in the morning as he walked off to help retrieve the horses.

The Clarion's searching the stables turned up no one specifically; Bella had departed her spot shortly after the guard passed. Natir did notice something of worth, however. The ground around the stable was disturbed, as was to be expected. However, in the midst of the dirt and hay, a small piece of metal glinted on the ground. It was engraved with some sort of symbol, though it was nothing Natir could recognize right away. Indeed, it wasn't entirely clear what it was, though it appeared to be money.

What was clear is that it wasn't Pendorian.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty03.04.13 10:12

Grunting as his men return without news Seph gives them a swift hand signal to fall in.

" Looks like we're not going to find anything else useful here so we may as well get to work, follow me. "

Approaching the gate into the city Seph stops and stares down at the gate guards.

" I have orders to deal with your little revolt, if you'd kindly open the gate I'll set things back in order and then get out of this city as quickly as possible.
I believe thats what we all want.
"

Gather my men back up and head for the entrance to the town, politely request access so that I can deal with the rebels.

Last edited by Mesor on 05.04.13 3:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty03.04.13 12:49

Natir rolled the coin around in his fingers, trying to remember anywhere he could of seen the signs before. With nothing coming to mind Natir put the coin into his pocket. He looked one last time before starting to help his men with the repairs of the Stable. He hoped to finish the repairs and have enough time to get decent rest by morning so they will be prepared for the chaos that will probably ensue tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty06.04.13 5:58

The guard regarded Seph sternly. "I'm sorry sir, but your order is not to be admitted entrance by order of the Duchess. I cannot let you in. Your brother knight has arranged a meeting with the Duchess in the morning. You may wait until then."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty06.04.13 10:21

Looking down at him Seph considers kicking the guard in the face for a moment before turning round and heading for the closest farm to the city that he could remember.

" Looks like we've got a free night, may as well see if we can find out anything useful until morning. "

Once at the farm Seph bangs on the door until it's answered.

Locate farm, bang on door, hard.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty07.04.13 16:16

Most of what Seph picked up in the outskirts wasn't particularly useful. What he did hear was mostly talk of a man named Barbarossa, affectionately titled "Captain" by some. Whoever he was, he sounded important.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty08.04.13 0:24

Looking back at his men for a moment Seph yawns.

" Make camp for the night, 4 men on guard at all times split up into 3 watches for the night. "

Set up camp for the night near the city.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty08.04.13 1:34

Natir looked around and saw the fatigue of his men. "All right, men fixed everything that is needed to keep the horses that the others will bring in, and then set up camp, we will take turns searching for the horses, and resting."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty26.04.13 17:49

Natir left the castle and went to find Captain Seph to tell him the news. "Captain Seph!" He shouted when entering the camp, looking around to try to find him.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty27.04.13 2:57

Approaching Natir silently from behind one of the knights answers.

" He'll be back shortly, at present he's off "questioning" a nearby farmers rather attractive daughter. "
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty28.04.13 0:07

Natir sighed.
"Okay, tell him that the Duchess is still wants him to stay out of the city, and I've been given a chance of putting right the Call's reputation, and so I ask him to stay outside of the city and to not make a mess of things."
Natir got on his horse, than made an announcement to his men. "Men of the Clarrion Call hear me. Those under the authority of Knight Captain Seph are to remain her. If not riders mount up we ride to the Chapel in the city!"
He waited for a majority of his men to mount up and than rode to the gate and went into the city and down towards to Chapel.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty28.04.13 2:23

Returning to his men a short time later Seph shrugged at the message before telling his men to mount up.

" I think it's time we stretched our legs lads. "

Once done they set out to patrol around the outside of the city hoping to catch any rebels trying to slip in or out.

Look around for rebels I can torture for information.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty02.05.13 17:49

Seph's patrols caught a few people heading into the city, but none coming out. Of those caught, most were innocuous commoners trying to live their normal lives in spite of the chaos. He intercepted a pair that were attempting to join the rebellion, but they knew no information of note, seeing as they were outside of the city.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty05.05.13 10:22

Taking the two prisoners aside Seph speaks with them briefly.

" I have business I need to discuss with the leaders of this rebellion, one of you will carry that message to them and bring back one of the leaders to speak with me, be sure it is a leader mind you I do not take kindly to insults, if you fail to return or bring an imposter then your companion dies. Understood? "

Send one in to bring me back an officer or leader of the rebels to speak with me.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty06.05.13 11:05

One of Seph's men rides up suddenly, just before the terrified prisoner can depart on his mission. "Sir, we may be able to enter the city after all. It appears that the nearby gate is unmanned, despite being controlled by the rebels. I couldn't investigate further, so I don't know when its guards will be back."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty06.05.13 12:40

Nodding his head Seph turns to his men and shouts in his best parade ground voice.
" Arm yourselves and mount up we've got work to do. "

Turning back to the two prisoners Seph shrugs.
" Slavery it is. "

Have the prisoners bound and gagged to a tree with a note on them.
" Property of the Clarion Call, any attempt to aid or steal these prisoners will result in execution, we are watching. "

Mounting up Seph then leads his men towards the gate carefully using back streets to avoid being spotted, his men riding with bows drawn and arrows notched eyes scanning every shadow for threats.
" Watch every shadow and keep your bows ready, if you see anybody giving orders aim for his legs I want leaders alive, anybody else put them down hard enough that they stay down.
6 of you fall back and provide reinforcements if needed, unless I call or we are in trouble stay back, understood?
3 of you move ahead, dismount before the corner and then scout the gate quietly and report back to me, do not engage and fall back if your spotted.
"

As they near the gate 3 men move ahead and 4 more drop back allowing a gap of one street to open between them then keeping pace to provide protection in case of ambushes. ( They stay back so if we get jumped they'll come from the next street over on the outside of the ambush to attack it from behind. )

Have 6 men on reinforcement, 3 men scout the gate quietly and wait for the reports.

Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty06.05.13 17:44

[OOC: For the record, you are outside of the city. In other words, there aren't streets to hide in.]

Seph's scouts quickly covered the distance to the gates. Looking in, two quickly took up positions within while the third signaled for the rest of the rangers to follow.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty07.05.13 7:17

" Well so far so good, let's see if we can find somebody who has information for us.

Head inside, send the 3 forward men deeper in to scout the way forward and look for rebels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Stables
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next