A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm

Go down 
+7
Isabel Tenorio
Evedas
Arcanum
Ser Varys
Psychozoa
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Laisha
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 14:31

Rayvs laughed, a sharp sound that had no mirth.

"Search your woman. Boadice hasn't tried to murder me with a knife. This woman did. None of my party have betrayed me or attacked me. Isn't it strange that suddenly these women show up to 'accompany' us? He's sending them out. I know he is.

Rayvs spat.

"Keep your herbs. He's after me. I know it. You can tell him that. I won't accompany him in his silent reprieve."
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 17:42

The mans paranoia was astounding to Morek. He sighed before shaking his head. It seemed this Eventider had a massive personal demon. Time to play his hunch it seemed.

Eventide. Do you know the best way to control what someone knows? Only let them know what you want them to. Do you remember outside the gates of Windholm? How there was that small group of black clad men and women in dark cloaks? Probably gauntlet if I had to guess since neither of our black clad orders interacted with them. If anything she's just an incompetent spy, not an assassin. Unless your boogeyman belongs to that Order I think you have nothing to fear.

Turning back to the plaguewardens who were holding the woman, he told them to search her, to see what was beneath the dark robes she was wearing. The third of her detail, the one who was not holding an arm, complied immediately with a softly worded apology to the lady. Morek turned back to Varys in the meantime. And do we not both have more important things to do than bicker over incompetents? You have your comrade to find no? A clear head will serve you better than jumping at your shadow.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 18:38

Melka wasn't as nervous as she was before, but one could think she was afraid of death of another woman, similar to her.Before knights could search her she spoke, yet she had nervous tones in her voice, if she was impersonating she was a very good actor.

"Excuse me noble knights.. of course i do have weapons as does that woman. You are new to this city yes? If you weren't you would know that any woman or man for the same matter, carries a weapon if he or she goes to the city."

"I listened to a lot of stories about how people got to the city and avoided rebels and bandits before i dared to go to city myself. Following regiment of city guard, or knights is one of more popular ways for those who can't afford a protection. "

"I got lucky, this valiant knights took me with them, this woman appearently wasn't that lucky, so what else she had to do? One does not simply go to the city without dire need."

Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 10:21

Rayvs's eyes bulged. He shook his head.

"Are you deaf? I said she attacked me! I was lucky I had Haroun, or else I might be dead with a dagger to the neck or worse. No, she is no spy. And not part of the gauntlet. I won't tell you what to do, but I suggest getting rid of your would be assassin as soon as possible."

Before he turned around, he said, "Radiant, you won't survive long if you don't jump at every shadow. It's what kept me alive in Amala."

Rayvs turned to his men and said, "Tie her up and gag her. Make sure the knots are extremely tight. Throw away her weapons and have a constant guard on her at all times."

Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 10:48

If she attacked you then why didn't we hear anything? We were a street over and not very far away. The only thing I heard was a clatter of wood on stone. Morek shrugged, dropping the subject after that. Reasoning with a madman wasn't something he found enjoyable.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind Eventide. She is well in hand. With that Morek turned and headed back through the alley to the street he had been on, his men following, the two holding the woman kept their grips. Their commander might not have believed her to be a large threat but apparently his men didn't want to share his faith in her. Morek turned his head to the man who searched her as the Radiants continued their search and asked: What did you find? Weapons? Armor? What?
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 10:53

Rayvs watched as the Radiant left and muttered underneath his breath, "He's part of it. He's working for him. They all are. You can't get me, spider. You can't catch this fly in your web."

He turned back to view his knights' progress.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 19:46

When soldiers searched Melka they light sword, and some daggers, also a leather armor. Melka then said.

"I told you i got weapons, but if you are afraid that simple woman can harm such bunch of strong knights, keep them but i ask you to return them when we part ways and should the danger arise."

One of Knights was still staring at leather armor, possession of which wasn't explained yet.

"Oh and armor is my mothers, she was in militia 2 years ago before she... died."

And indeed armor was looking a bit old, tough should one remove it and examine it more closely, it would be obvious that old feel was added on purpose.

All the time nervousness was heard in Melkas voice especially seconds after she was searched, but when she mentioned her mother voice was more sad then nervous.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 22:01

The plaguewardens proceeded to do just that, removing the weapons that they could find, though Morek stopped them from removing her armor there on the street, deciding it wasn't proper at least not at the moment. AS the party walked through the streets on their search, he talked over his shoulder to Melka. He had noticed her changes in appearance and emotion and filed the information away for later use.

Don't insult me. You and that other woman that the Eventides have wore the same gear and had similar equipment. I may be a man of the gods, but I do not believe in coincidences.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 22:07

"I am not sure.. maybe it's coincidence, but you see there is a whole business around those who dare to venture in to the city. Those.. man who i rented my weapons from, i for sure wasn't their only client. I.. I have heard the stories that the whole shipment of such weapon was smuggled in to the city, they lend weapons for quite a price and people have to return them once they come back. If they don't.. well i don't want to think about it.. Poor woman, she is probably dead, if not from that... knight then from smugglers, cause i doubt knights will give her weapons back."
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 23:16

I just told you I don't believe in coincidences. Morek glanced up at the signs hanging from the shops and businesses as he spoke.

So? What do you or I care about someone like her? We have more important things to worry about. The gods cast the die and she lost, badly. I have somewhere to be and you have to find your brother. It was a slight emphasis on the word, hardly noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 23:33

"You are a Knight,you used to see people dying. I am not, and i feel sorry for someone most probably reaching her end so early. But i guess.. you are right i got something more important to think about, poor Joseph.. i hope he is alright."
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty13.03.13 0:37

I am not so sure you have no experience. Morek thought.

Whether or not he is alive or dead, hurt or unhurt, is up to the gods. I suggest you ask them to watch over him instead of merely wishing it.

Morek was getting impatient in looking for this building. They were surely in the Northern part of the Artisan district by now.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty13.03.13 1:35

"Except i don't trust gods to look over someones fate, that's why i am coming after my brother not merely pray he would return. I prayed for my father to not die, it didn't work, no longer i am trusting gods with those dear to me. But you seem to be so trustful to the gods, why is that so? did your gods send you here?"
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty13.03.13 9:36

Whoever taught you about the gods clearly did a poor job. Morek patted the heavy tome that was hanging by his side. They are not there to herd us like sheep to our fates, nor did they give us each our talents to not use them. The gods have a plan for me, I do not know why. They did not send me here, I came of my own free will woman.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty13.03.13 9:51

"Life is the best teacher there is, i value her lessons. One of them don't trust anyone in your fate but yourself. Gods don't care for us, mere mortals." Voice was rather sad but soon turned back to usual nervousness "May i ask what are you doing here then? I figure you would want to calm down rebellion, but it doesn't seem wise to do that in middle of enemy territory, forgive me if i don't understand some wise strategy of yours."
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty13.03.13 13:39

The less you know about my business the better. It was said with a state of finality. But you are correct. My order is not here in the way the Dragons or Griffons are. We are here for something else entirely and the Duchess has given us her blessing to do so. That is all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty13.03.13 18:21

"If duchess gave you her blessing then i guess town folks like me don't have anything to worry about?"
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty13.03.13 22:47

Not unless you plan on attacking me. If you do so my men and I would cut any number of townsfolk down without a thought. Why are youing for information. I will not tell you anything that would come to harm my men or myself.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty14.03.13 0:17

"Bunch of Knights appearing in the city in such troubling times, and then they go to the heart of the city, wouldn't you be interested in my place?"
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty14.03.13 9:34

A fair enough sentiment I suppose. But consider that there are some things that you would be better off not knowing. In many cases with knowledge I have found that ignorance is indeed bliss.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty15.03.13 6:10

As their conversation wound down, the Radiant Cross reached their destination. The structure was surprisingly run-down, considering it's location and proximity to Palatial Avenue. It seemed busy within, however; without the presence of the city watch, it seemed no curfew was being enforced, despite the increasingly late hour. A few men outside eyed the knights suspiciously, but otherwise did nothing.

Meanwhile, out in the streets, another fifteen minutes passed before Terstine's return. Apologizing for the time he had taken, the Eventide knight whispered the way to their destination in Rayvs' ear.
______

Rivatha crept among the shadows, finally reaching the source of the owl call. A smiling child in a window was craning his ear for the sound of a an owl, claiming to his father that he had heard one.
______

[OOC: Still kind of waiting on Mattus to run or stab more....]
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty15.03.13 6:32

Miriam removed her hood and bowed to Rivatha "Lady of the gloves"

Rivatha spoke to Miriam revealing details of what Rivatha has learned, then she said to Miriam "You will have to wait at tavern for others, tell them what i told you here." i will find you there, then they both made their way towards the castle, Miriam would stop at Tavern which was not far away from Castle.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty15.03.13 8:07

Morek stopped his party in front of the door to the place. Turning to his men, he ordered his Conquistadors, Mautista and Eran to follow him in. Everyone else was to remain outside and keep on alert with orders to come in if sounds of combat were heard. The three plaguewardens assigned to Melka kept her outside with the rest of the Radiant Cross party.

Once inside Morek announced himself simply. My name is Ser Morek Valran of the Radiant Cross. I was told that someone here wanted to meet me.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty15.03.13 8:49

Rayvs smiled.

"Thank you, Terstine. Let's head out."

With the trussed up woman in tow, the Eventide marched out, following Rayvs's lead.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty16.03.13 5:25

Mattus eyed his enemies closely and slowly walked towards the now openend gap.

"As I said, I am only looking for my friend, if you let me leave now I will not have to kill you."

He continued walking slowly, faceing his enemies all the time.

He tries to run away into a dark alley when the distance to his enemies is big enough. He then turns around a corner to see if the enemies follow him.

OOC: Sorry I didn't see you post until now =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next