A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)

Go down 
+15
Evedas
Alexandria1
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Mesor
Arcanum
Alexander
Sir Vinson
Laisha
Ser Varys
Sigwald
Mordred
Psychozoa
Isabel Tenorio
Pravenstern
Jing Ming
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Arcanum

Arcanum

A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty16.11.13 13:09

*smacks seal of approval on*
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty16.11.13 18:04

To a large degree it depends on the Order though. Griffon retainers are archers, Eventiders have horse archers, Dawn has skilled infantry, Gauntlets have big polehammer guys. A cavalry charge will be devastating from knights, but tactical options are somewhat limited to that for most Orders. We originally pulled the troops-based-on-command at the start as a way to trim down the rules.

What do the rest of you think?

(Heroes are Adventurers, by the way.)
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty16.11.13 18:15

Well really I just want to avoid having a spam of order knights as the general rule. A personal preference really. It'd be kind of boring.

Though for the Radiant Cross you'll never see that due to us having some of the best balanced forces gamewise in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty16.11.13 20:43

I agree..

Let's make Order Knights less of a common sight. Raise the prestige that's needed to buy one.

Everyone is creative enough to create an Order-affiliated troop out of adventurers. (If I want archers, I'll hire Ravenstern rangers or Wardens and give them a Dragon tabard)

damn, that's actually a nice idea, both OOC as IC. D:

Can I use the remaining prestige from the Windholm event that I claimed I wouldn't use?
Back to top Go down
Frederick

Frederick

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty16.11.13 20:48

Yer I guess it does really come down to the usefulness of the order troops compared to the order knights. I agree with Arc us Radiant get retainers who compliment the knights exceptionally well. But we also have to be wary of the other problem a remember you worrying about, people just getting hordes of followers.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty16.11.13 20:54

If anything you'll have to worry about Plaguewarden spam.

In fact with me that's probably what's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty16.11.13 21:02

I think the real problem with getting mixed armies is with buying units like retainers which cost 7 renown or the other units that cost 11, its just a hassle because if i buy a couple of retainers il have unspent renown which cant be spent until i buy either a 11 renown unit which will bring me to 25 or 5 retainers which will bring me to 35, otherwise were stuck at awkward numbers of unspent renown when everything else can only be bought in multiples of 5. It feels like a waste and forces us to buy units in specific amounts to have non awkward amounts of renown left. So i think people just end up buying a bunch of knights because of that, i was thinking of getting retainers but didn't like feeling being forced to buy them in multiples of 5 or the alternative of having having something like 1, 2, 4 or 9 unspent renown at the end.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty16.11.13 21:18

I have 30 unspent renown as of today, something I'm perfectly fine with because I can add the prestige from event 2 and be filthy rich.

The reason I'm keeping it at 30 is to avoid creating npc's that don't fit my character or knightly Order.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty16.11.13 21:36

If I remember right we are trying to head away from having too many NPCs/mini PCs running around too.

I mean, I named my Conquistadors but really they're just another unit.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty17.11.13 1:53

How can i contact someone from other order while between events? I mean most probably trough PM, but are the locations of other order castles known to everyone? Can i just sent the messenger there? I had to contact Psychozoa about scholar, but i totaly forgot about, i hope it's okay if i do it now. ;/
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty17.11.13 2:02

the Castle of the Radiant Cross is just a big Hospital and I think if sick peasants can find the way so can your messenger =)
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty17.11.13 2:16

No No

Your messenger has to be sick to find it.. it's magical that way. Make him sick! Dying! losing limbs and all that kind of sick stuff.

Also; I think chapterhouses in cities are always a safe bet for a message or whatevah.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty17.11.13 3:28

Just a reminder, your Warband needs to largely act as one. You can still send troops off to perform specific tasks, but only the PC can act independently/fully. It's simply too much to have every PC playing multiple separate characters.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty17.11.13 4:13

Yeah this time i will do my best to stick stray gloves to other pcs and just do their bidding.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty17.11.13 7:17

now that I bought Veccavian Knights I would like to know how they are equipped and what their stats are... that would be helpful before I let them charge and then notice that they have no Spears or Swords.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)   A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Kingdom Divided : Rules and game mechanics (Discussion)
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9