A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread

Go down 
+5
Alexander
Kharad Moriendor
Arcanum
Ser Varys
Isabel Tenorio
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty
PostSubject: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty10.06.13 10:35

It's about time someone make this thread! (So now we will stop discussing it, duh.) I'm not sure what we'll use General OOC for though. >.>

So! Overall favorite character, either as a character or due to their interesting PoV. No Tyrion... it goes without saying that we all like Tyrion.

I choose Jaime aka Goldenhand the Good.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty10.06.13 10:48

Tyrion.

-------------------

Podrick Payne is my second favorite.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty10.06.13 11:28

Ser Varys wrote:
Tyrion..

-------------------

Podrick Payne is my second favorite.

I second these on both accounts
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty10.06.13 12:30

Which Podrick? The book and show version are umm...

Quite a bit different!
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty10.06.13 13:04

I always grew quite attached to what I would consider 'minor characters'. People like Syrio Forel, Jaqen H'gar, Khal Drogo etc.

I would have to say that my favourite major character after reading the books and watching the show is Stannis Baratheon. Renly was right when he said that Stannis would not be a popular king, but how many monarchs throughout history have been popular?

He seems to have the right balance of good and bad, stern but just, tough but fair, and he comes across as honourable enough. Not to mention hes banging Carice van Houten! Very Happy

Last edited by Kharad Moriendor on 11.06.13 1:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty10.06.13 13:15

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
Which Podrick? The book and show version are umm...

Quite a bit different!

Book version for me: he always struck me as a sort of normal character in Martin's crazy world who could do things not because he's some fancy Targaryen or greenseer or wtv., just that he's simply a hardworking kid who tries hard and sometimes succeeds.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty10.06.13 15:23

Stannis as a fair man? That's a new one! Unless you mean fanatically fair... Knighthood for finger tips is fair, I suppose! Granted he's a better character in the books than the show. He sides too frequently against his book-version's moral compass. I do like the character though, and I think he'd be an interesting PoV character. But of course, GRRM can't give us a king's PoV besides Dany!
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty10.06.13 15:57

Sandor Clegane has always been my favorite character in the books. Probably followed by Stannis.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty10.06.13 18:10

Doran and Oberyn Martell or both high on my list while reading the books, but I don't think I have a favourite character.

Never liked Stannis, book version or tv-series. Don't have a real solid reason for it though.

Targaryens fascinate me, obviously, but I can't say Dany is my favourite character because she's an odd teenager.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty11.06.13 1:38

The Red Viper, Tywin, and Arya. Ned was my favorite, but, well...
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty11.06.13 1:41

This is from 2005, long before the hype: http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20050420

Read this and the next five comics or so. It's a short story.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty11.06.13 6:18

My favourites are John Snow and Jaqen H'ghar. Just because I want to know whats happening to them the most.

I have some GoT cards at home as well but haven't played it in a long time because no one wants to play with me...... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty11.06.13 7:15

I personally like Little Finger a lot, it just like such type of characters(after all i am trying to make Rivatha a lot like him).

By the way is it me, or finale of third season was kind of lacking. I mean in first 2 we had some sort of shocker, Denaris emerging with dragons and later dragons burning down that guy at tower, whatever his name was.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty11.06.13 7:38

Episode 9 was the finale... or rather the climax. Episode 10 (the actual finale!) was the wrap-up / falling action.

Season 2 was similar, with the Battle of the Blackwater in episode 9, but it did have a better final episode. But really, most episodes have very little happening in them. It's when you put it all together that you see the dramatic progression. After all, we've only had 30 episodes so far! >.>
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty12.06.13 1:31

Quote :
I have some GoT cards at home as well but haven't played it in a long time because no one wants to play with me...... ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Icon_cry

I have the board game, but no one wants to play it. My board friends are all couples and decided that the game was not doing good to their relationships. We don't play Risk either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread   ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

ASoIaF / Game of Thrones Thread
Page 1 of 1