A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Future

Go down 
+9
Ser Varys
Pravenstern
Arcanum
Methodius Marci
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Jing Ming
Laisha
Sigwald
Isabel Tenorio
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

The Future Empty
PostSubject: The Future   The Future Empty10.03.14 10:58

As some of you may know, or none of you, Laisha has stepped down as Lead/Sole GM for AKD. First and foremost, this RP would be nothing without the exceptional awesomeness of our Scout-Captain turned Deity, so many thanks and lots of applause!

Now we come to the issue of finding a new primary GM. The rest of us that are active behind the scenes can't fill the role, which is the reason for this post beyond simply praising Laisha. This seems to leave two options, either accept a volunteer to try to step in, or wrap up this particular RP.

Personally, I'm in favor of the latter option, even if I'm unsure I would be involved in it very much. When Saeros and I first started, and then the input from Azlanek, Laisha, Alexander, and Mordred, and finally everything you guys contributed, Aftermath was still alive. We tried to be different enough to not conflict with it, and to avoid the pitfalls present there. For the most part we avoided those particular issues, but we still have some of our own here... and we unfortunately didn't bring over the magic of Aftermath. This feels 'like' PoP, but it just isn't the same. In addition to the lessons from Reborn (and perhaps Mordred's -amazing- combat system) I think you guys could develop a new RP that perhaps requires less direct GM intervention/oversight.

Ultimately this is a community decision, and if possible a consensus would be great!
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty10.03.14 11:16

First of all, many many thanks to Laisha for putting up with us for so long and the effort.

As to the future of this RP, we've had some serious activity problems since november last year and I'm quite done. For more than a year the only thing that really kept me going back was the activity of its members in both posts and pm's.. but I'm not fooling myself that making yet another new Pendor based RP is going to help any.

Having said that, I would've loved to step in as GM as I've said multiple times over the course of our inactive periods and am willing to help wrapping up the current event.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty10.03.14 12:55

Well...you kind of stepped down for me....

At any rate, it is all true. I'll still be around, badgering you to look at my channel and blog, but my creativity is...gone.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty11.03.14 9:45

Untimely as ever, I am.

Before anything else I want apologize to the players and above all to the GMs for the excessive work I've put on their shoulders. I am painfully aware that my sudden and prolonged absence is at fault for this and also partly for AKD not working out properly but, believe me, I couldn't do any better - my life has been very complicated for the past six months*, and tropical storms (followed by blackouts), heat waves (also followed by blackouts), house repairs and lack of internet didn't make it any better. I didn't even log in because I knew I wouldn't be able to reply to all the expected messages and requests in the little time I have (right now, for instance, I have unread and pending work emails from last week). But I did follow your posts when I could.

That being said, regardless of what happens now, I want to thank all of you for keeping up with PoP for so long. Seriously, we’ve been at this for, what, three years? After so many problems, hate, blood and disheartenment? That’s amazing.

I’m not in the position to suggest anything, but if you decide to keep doing stuff I’ll do my best contribute, as time and fate allow me. I naively hoped AKD would last until April, when I expect things to settle down completely for me, which was also going to be the time I would come back definitely. But it might also happen that things don’t work out and I vanish forever so I can’t promise anything (to be realistic, probability hasn't really been in my favor lately).

In short: apologies for the absence. I really wish I could have been more active. And thanks for creating such a lively world. It was a great experience that I’d like to repeat someday. And, finally, thank you so very much Laisha. I think you justly deserve the title of God of RPG (not as a joke. I mean it seriously).

*. But, hey, at least it'll make a good story to write about.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty11.03.14 11:57

As everyone else, i really would like to thank everyone for sharing this experience with me, and especially Laisha for her amazing, tireless work as GM.

And regarding the future, truth to be told a bit of a spark died out in me, but i had a new character planned who would be more interactive with others. If there will be people who want this to continue, you can count me in.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty11.03.14 14:17

Ah, it's a shame to hear. Despite joining late i enjoyed it while it lasted, so I'm right behind whatever you guys decide to do. Moreover, life takes precedence, so i don't think there is anything to apologize about.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty11.03.14 18:42

I'd be up for something else, I don't know what exactly, but you lot seem likeable enough.

Kinda wish there were a few more people, I think that might've helped a bit too.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty12.03.14 2:03

Or made me kill myself, Arcanum. Razz

No, actually, I know what you mean. Heck, the RP might have been able to run under its own power a little better with a couple more active players. Different playstyles, different interactions....

And...thank you Jing. Nothing like feeling like one's been excessively complimented.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty12.03.14 4:26

I'll be away for a few days, so you peeps should figure this out fast! Razz

A few more active players would definitely be a boon.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty12.03.14 10:45

Well, first of all, thanks you Laisha for putting up with us for so long. You have done an excellent job to create a great RP atmosphere and story here.

As to player problems, I can't really think of anything good or useful at the moment. At any rate, I will stick with Pendor as long as the game goes on.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty18.03.14 1:27

It sounds like most of you have lost that magical feeling here.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty18.03.14 4:11

Magic? This is Pendor! There is no magic!
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty18.03.14 9:25

The lore says differently there and there.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty23.03.14 9:02

I probably should start reading the Kings Hall stuff more than I do, haven't noticed this till today
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty27.03.14 5:08

First off, thanks for putting up with my impotence when I first joined, and for the great Gming and background stuff to all of you. You guys are all great RPers so yeah...

As for the future, are we just going to fade into apathy? Have any of you guys heard of Roll20?
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty27.03.14 10:29

Alright, if there are no other volunteers, do you think you can handle it, Sigwald? At least get us to a decent ending?

Where everyone dies?

>.>

No, but seriously.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty27.03.14 11:12

Yes.

All men must Die.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty28.03.14 12:12

I think we had something decent going on and that it would be a shame to leave it all behind us when we finish this, so i was thinking about proposing a bi/weekly RP of the Pendragon RPG system converted to fit pendor.

It would be a 3-4 hour session every week or two, run over roll20.net with voice chat. what do you guys think?.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty29.03.14 4:49

Methodius Marci wrote:
I think we had something decent going on and that it would be a shame to leave it all behind us when we finish this, so i was thinking about proposing a bi/weekly RP of the Pendragon RPG system converted to fit pendor.

It would be a 3-4 hour session every week or two, run over roll20.net with voice chat. what do you guys think?.

No, I'm sorry. However much I like to read stories out loud, voice chat roleplay isn't for me.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty29.03.14 16:09

shame, it could be implemented into a forum i guess. But we'd kind of be back to square one.
Back to top Go down
Ferdinand XIV

Ferdinand XIV

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty30.03.14 3:55

If I am to continue this, it'd be grand to have acces to chapterhouses and the like. I'm not so sure what's preventing the admins to add me to the lorewriters group.
Back to top Go down
Ferdinand XIV

Ferdinand XIV

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty30.03.14 22:24

What would you guys think of a more minimalistic approach to Pendor?

If, for example, only the Order of the Griffon is playable, than you'd all have a lot of opportunity to casually roleplay with each other (something that's missing now) and missions can be given to individual players up to three, with larger events for the entire Order at once. Think the three musketeers, but then Griffon knights actually thwarting plots to the take the crown.

Singal also offers a rich environment for individual missions at the behest of the Shadow Council and Heresy. Spies from Sarleon, assassination and banditry comes to mind.

Only these two Orders to join would make for an exciting story, with a main theme of Singal trying to poison the strong-willed Crown Prince and  influencing the weak-willed King, while Sarleon tries to find the identities of the Shadow Council and bring Singal back under the Crown.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty31.03.14 0:44

Small scale would be a lot better. I did caution that there should be less Orders when this started up but unfortunately the enthusiasm of the new setting saw that being ignored Razz

1-3 would likely be optimal, it really depends on whether you want inter-Order conflict or a purely co-operative experience. I guess that conflict could also be done through NPCs, but its just a more real feel when other players are scheming against you too.
Back to top Go down
Ferdinand XIV

Ferdinand XIV

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty31.03.14 0:48

Mordred wrote:
1-3 would likely be optimal, it really depends on whether you want inter-Order conflict or a purely co-operative experience. I guess that conflict could also be done through NPCs, but its just a more real feel when other players are scheming against you too.

Exactly, but instead of giving the players free reign in the scheming, I want to give missions where opposing players may cross each other and keep the scheming to the event itself, not the general storyline.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty31.03.14 1:18

sounds promising to me, 9 distinct orders with different goals definitely slowed things down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future   The Future Empty

Back to top Go down

The Future
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next