A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Future Stuff: Order v Order?

Go down 
+4
Pravenstern
Jing Ming
Sigwald
Isabel Tenorio
8 posters

Yay or Nay?
Yes!
Future Stuff: Order v Order? Vote_lcap91%Future Stuff: Order v Order? Vote_rcap
 91% [ 10 ]
No!
Future Stuff: Order v Order? Vote_lcap9%Future Stuff: Order v Order? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty
PostSubject: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty17.05.13 7:53

I have the feeling I know the answer to this, but we still should discuss it!

So, we plan to give this RP a general storyline that ties things together. In that light, we know that Orders will compete, and at times probably outright fight. So the question is to what degree do you want to see that?

The classic example at this point is a Ravenstern revolt. In that case the Orders would be in direct conflict... and there would be definite winners and losers. (Well, for the sake of argument assume so anyway!) Are you fine with that? It's possible in such a situation that the Dragons could be entirely wiped out, or that Ravenstern could become independent and (presumably) the Griffons would fail totally. So again... do you think that is the kind of direction we should go?

/discuss
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty17.05.13 7:59

For the record: I wrote the post in the OOC thread before I opened this one... :$

Anyway, yes I'm fine with it. I have no problem being killed while trying to fulfill some sort of Ravenstern destiny...Good.

truth be told, my character isn't a murderer and won't try to kill knights he knows on a personal level. However, that doesn't mean I won't try to kill Azrael/Gilaver during the great battle for Scalekeep.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty17.05.13 8:31

There is a story arc - it has already started, by the way -, but my opinion is that it shouldn't prevent you from killing each other.

Differently from Aftermath, your characters will be very often in close contact with each other during all events. During those moments you may choose to help a certain order, sabotage their progress, steal their information, or simply kill them. There is no right or wrong, but we would like to know if you're ok with this, and, if so, to which degree the violence and destruction of things are acceptable.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty17.05.13 8:36

I'm perfectly fine with it if its not some random killing by a bored member of the board. (that was my best sentence ever)

for example in the Windholm event: I'll be pissed if someone suddenly lunges over the table and stabs Aelos in the chest without any real reason.

If that's possible everyone will have to cover all defensive necessities during their roleplays and a lack of friendly interaction will form. So Instead of Aelos' Dragons twenty feet from the table, they'll literally be positioned in a circle around him (or a pentagram).
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty17.05.13 8:42

That kind of action is something we'll be on the look out for. We fully expect there will be some PC deaths along the way, but 'perma-death blackmail' isn't acceptable.

Plus, I think the Snake Goddess likes Aelos. The knife might just turn into a feather in mid-stab! Wink
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty18.05.13 23:39

Considering that this RP focuses on the ideological differences between orders, it is only natural that conflicts will arise. That is why I feel it is a good idea for an event like that to kick off, even if Ravenstern revolt is starting to get a little clichéy. Granted, like Aelos, I'm opposed to the spontaenous murder of characters for no good reason.

Aelos wrote:
However, that doesn't mean I won't try to kill Azrael/Gilaver during the great battle for Scalekeep.
I think you should rest more, you are starting to mix up Aftermath and Shadow War. Although, if you find a way to bring Aelos back to life in Aftermath, we could book Scalekeep and have that duel to death there.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty19.05.13 3:15

If I get morek killed by Selucia/ravys/whatever or have a trebuchet missile land on his head during a siege as long as I can make a new character i'll be happy.

That being. Said obliterating orders might have a long term negative effect for the site, I know some people would want to play certain orders and if they were dead it might not help in recruitment.

Last edited by Arcanum on 19.05.13 3:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty19.05.13 3:26

No order truly dies, they just go underground. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty19.05.13 4:33

Quote :
No order truly dies, they just go underground. Very Happy

This. I think we can always restore Order of Unicorn under secret managment of gauntlets, should damn tree hugger's win.

Last edited by Rivatha Thunion on 19.05.13 5:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty19.05.13 5:24

Eventide is everlasting don't you know?
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty19.05.13 5:49

Evedas wrote:
Eventide is everlasting don't you know?

The Eventide is going to lose some members if they keep expanding like this.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty19.05.13 13:45

Quote :
No order truly dies, they just go underground.

This is actually true.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty19.05.13 14:20

Is that a threat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Stuff: Order v Order?   Future Stuff: Order v Order? Empty

Back to top Go down

Future Stuff: Order v Order?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: