A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty
PostSubject: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty26.05.13 4:11

Mattus and his men were standing in the middle of the Bridge and they were looking over to the Harbor. A faint sound of fighting could be heard from the Wharfs. The last information he got was that the man he was searching was heading for the Slums in the northern part of the City. If the fighting really started then the meeting was surely over.
They only waited shortly on the Bridge and then headed into the Slums.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty27.05.13 17:07

Neither the rebels on the south end nor the Greysword's on the north stopped the Radiants' crossing. The rebels were under the impression that the knights were neutral in the conflict. At the very least, the knights hadn't tried to kill them. Greysword's men were under the impression they were allies, having just received the news that morning that the Duchess had allowed the hundred or so visitors into the city the night before. Thus their passage was clear as they made their way into what was by far the dirtiest section of the city.

However, except for an exceptionally dense amount of guard patrols on the streets, the slums were, fortunately, untouched by war. Or perhaps unfortunately, depending on one's view of the cleansing properties of fire.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty28.05.13 0:17

The group around Mattus had an uneasy feeling in their backs. Something wasn't feeling right and the silence in the Slums added to that effect. Many Guards were around but no one of them payed any attention to the small group. Aimlessly wandering around in the narrow alleys wouldn't get them any further so Mattus decided to stop the next Patrol that would pass them.
Mattus managed a slight Salute to their Leader as he approached them. Maybe it looked awkward to them but at least it showed them that he was one of the Military and not some Rebel rabble.

"We are looking for a man. Taller than me and wearing a grey Robe. My last information was that he wandered alone into the slums. We must find him fast and unharmed. Can you help us?"

Mattus didn't want to mention either Valdor or the Lady of Windholm. Maybe they would help him without asking where his allegiance was.

Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty30.05.13 15:20

The patrolman scratched his chin and looked at his feet. "Think I've heard rumors about a 'giant in grey,' but it amounts to rumors, I'm afraid. Why do you need to find him; is he a danger to the city? Do you need help?"

One of Mattus' men tapped his arm and pointed up the road, behind the patrol. A pair of men were briskly walking towards them, clearly with purpose.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty01.06.13 20:59

@ Laisha: I think my PM got lost somewhere in your inbox so I just continue with the information I have so far.

"No he is no danger, I rather think the City is a danger to him. He is a scholar and If he is found in the streets by the wrong people he will not be able to defend himself. He is very important to the City and must be found alive and healthy."

Mattus saw the small group approach them, but he had no intention of running away. He tried to stay calm and make the Guardsmen think he was on their side. He hadn't really decided on which side he would join the fight. If it would come to a fight he hoped the good fighters would be down near the Harbor.

"This is a very important matter, can you help Us find him?"

Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty05.06.13 10:42

"Sorry sir, but I really shouldn't be deviating from my patrol...."

"Sergeant!" The pair of men shouted down the road. "New orders from the keep! Members of the Knights of the Dawn, Dragons or...RADIANT CROSS!" The man unintentionally shrieked, perhaps surprised to see the Radiant Cross knights so soon. "Arrest them!"

The guardsman hesitated a moment before he and his patrol readied their weapons, soon to be joined by the messengers.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty05.06.13 20:31

Mattus wanted to start talking just as the other Patrol interrupted. He was taken by surprise by high shriek of the man but his troop drew their weapons just as quick as the Guardsmen.

"What is happening? We have orders to find this man and nothing else. And if you attack us you will die. Just let us continue on our way."

All the time while talking Mattus and his men slowly retreated backwards to get more distance between themselves and the enemy. He held his spear in his left hand for a time and and fumbled with his throwing knives he kept at his back. This was quickly understood by his men.

OOC: How many are they? Do they have medium or heavy armor?Mattus and his men are slowly walking backwards away from the street into an alley.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty08.06.13 16:35

There was grumbling among the small group of town guardsmen. "Well, I don't wanna die..."

"It's always you Spence, isn't it, talking us down!" The bickering continued for a moment before it was silenced.

The other pair finally reached the gathering, swords drawn. Actually, they weren't quite a pair anymore. More a one, the other vanished as blades were drawn. "What exactly is going on?" asked the sergeant.

"The Radiant Cross has thrown in with the rebels. Not surprised you're just finding out about it. More surprised you were consorting with them. Now then...." His eyes popped as he noted the amount of distance that had grown between the two groups. Indeed, the Radiant Cross had nearly reached the alley they had sought.

[OOC: 9 guards, including the one who joined them.]
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty09.06.13 11:08

Finally everything happened according to plan. The moment the Guardsmen noticed that they were farther away than before he started running into the alley. His men were following him. They ran past the first two crossroads and then entered the third one to the left. When they were behind the corner Mattus turned around and gathered his men around him. If they were foolish enough to follow them they would soon regret it.

"Pep, go and scout the way, and make sure they don't surprise us form behind."

5 Spears were pointed the way they were they coming from. It would be a bad surprise for them.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty10.06.13 18:58

Shouts soon followed after the Radiants. "Dammit, how did you lose them?! We know this city much better than them!"

"Just shut up, they can't have gone far!"

Slum-dwellers were fleeing the obvious impending fight all around Mattus' troops. One ran out into the road, tipping off the patrol.

The first man ran around the corner. "They must have gon--!" He suddenly tipped backwards, under the thrusting spears and hit the ground. He scrambled backward to the safety of his fellows and rose again, holding his back from his bizarre and lucky dodge.

[OOC: Yes, I'm playing your adventures for light, poorly-written comedy.]
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty10.06.13 20:24

Mattus was angry at his men, how could they have missed him. He started slowly walking forward and his men followed behind him. He heard some mumbling from around the corner but he couldn't make out what they were saying. He exchanged some quick looks with his men and then started a warcry while charging around the corner with his men.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Deep inside he hoped the men would flee, he really didn't want to kill them. Unfortunately stabbing someone with a spear kills them most of the time.

[OOC: doesn't matter, I like it Very Happy ]
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty12.06.13 17:27

The guards scattered like leaves before Mattus' charge.  The sergeant looked around for a moment.  "What the...?  What the hell are you doing men?!  Don't leave me to fight them alone!"  He ran after them, leaving the Radiants alone...for now.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty14.06.13 3:21

And again the Pendorians surprised Mattus. One would never see people like this Guarding someone in Mettenheim. Now he knew why the orders had that much power in Pendor, the rest are just cowards. He gathered his men and collected the scout he send. Together they moved deeper into the slums trying to find someone they could ask or else following every sound that could lead to Gudr.
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty15.06.13 6:10

Evedas made it to the bridge. It was unpleasantly quiet.

-I wonder why no one would guard a certain important place like this. Something fishy is going on, either the guards are dead, or they're somewhere else. It would benefit us anyway.

Said and he looked upon Sarah, who is still silent from the tavern. She looked back at him with hatred in her eyes, not hiding it and grinned through her white teeth.

-If I were you, I would've kill me already. Keeping me alive, and once we enter the slum I will vanish the second I can.

Evedas's sinister face stretched. He smiled, stroked her hair gently and kissed her. She didn't see it coming and her body somehow refused to act the way she wanted.

-Because you are valuable to me now. I would've killed you back then, if you are not compatible with my blood. I don't have time for that now though, and you better behave. Remember I asked you a question before and you answered me. You are to live on because you wanted to. Don't even think about hiding from me, I am the infamous Crimson thief after all.

They walked to the end of the bridge and enter the slum.

_______
OOC: You decide whether I make it inside unnoticed or not. This time the BH behind me can't be covert anymore since we're on the bridge already.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty17.06.13 17:57

Of course, it stood to reason that the guards would return, with help, to Mattus.  His troops dispersed in good order, however, soon getting lost among the slum dwellings.  At least having no clue where they were would give Mattus an edge.

His men soon stumbled upon a brothel.  Strangely, the air smelled slightly nicer near it.
______

Evedas' arrival at the bridge was unimpeded.  The rebels guarding the south end saw the group as allies.  It was the north end that proved troublesome as a large number of city guard, at least forty, could be seen forming up against the small group coming across the bridge.
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty18.06.13 3:06

-It seems like we're not going in without a scratch today. Just try to be friendly at first then. By the way, hide your killing intent and stay far from the guards, crossbow loaded. I will negotiate first and see.

Evedas whispered everyone in his group, seeing the guards ahead. He then approached the guards from distance and shouted out.

-Hail, Guards! We brothers just want to find a place to warm our body. What seems to be the problem?

______
OOC: Been awhile, is it nighttime already?
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty18.06.13 5:25

"We didn't find the man we are looking for but this place is fine as well." Mattus laughed to his men and went ahead to enter the Brothel.

"Only looking, no touching. Is that understood? If we get no information from them we can at least hide inside. They will not expect us to be in a brothel."

Mattus quickly bound the cloth again around the tip of his spear. Thinking it is best to not frighten the Harlots inside.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty24.06.13 16:23

Yelling to Evedas, the leader of the guard line shouted, "It is well known that the Eventide have joined the rebellion!  We cannot let you pass!  Nor can we allow you to retreat!  Surrender and you will be unharmed!"  A line of archers advanced in front of the spearman line and knocked arrows in their bows, though they waited for the order to draw.
_____

Being only the early afternoon, the foyer of the brothel was fairly empty.  A couple of the "employees" were sitting around and eyed the knights with some interest.  A third, slightly older, emerged from a backroom and smiled warmly, an expression she clearly had well practiced.

"We don't often get knights in here," she said, her voice sultry and smooth.  "Your vaunted 'honor' always seems to get in the way of a good time. What brings you fine men to our humble establishment?"
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty25.06.13 4:51

Mattus looked around and tried to see if anything was amiss but all the bright colors and the heavy perfume numbed his senses a bit and he just concentrated to keep on topic.

"We have come mostly for information, and to be honest for a little security. It seems both sides of this rebellion see us as their enemys."

Mattus gave his spear to one of his men and raised his hands to show that they are empty and that he meant no harm.

"We are merely looking for a friend of ours. He goes by the name of Gudr and he was last seen heading into the slums. He is a Scholar and we fear for his well being out here alone. Of course your information won't be to your disadvantage."

As he said the last sentences Mattus lowered his hands again and touched his purse with his left hand.
Back to top Go down
Evedas

Evedas

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty25.06.13 8:14

Evedas frowned. This is bad new. 

- Eventide! Well considering this is in the middle of the day, you saw a group of people, not wearing shining armor and call them Eventide. May I ask why are we on the same side with the rebels?

He turned around and told the band

- Keep the crossbow loaded, spread out and be ready.

He took a few step closer and raised his 2 hand.

- See, I'm unarmed, my friends are harmless and we could not care less about what is going on. Let us pass and it is beneficial toward both of us if you know what I mean. And you see, we even have a lovely lady with us. I don't think there is ever a female Eventide knight.

Evedas put on the most honest smile he could ever do.

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty26.06.13 17:35

"A man matching your description was seen with the Eventide at the church!" replied the guardsman.  It seemed odd he would know about Evedas.  Then again, the church grounds were large, with many hiding places and many people more than capable of observing such facts.  "Then the Eventide were clearly seen marching away in the direction of the rebel lines.  We have orders to arrest every rebel knight in the city, so I say again, surrender!"

[OOC: 10 archers, 20 infantry. The odds are definitely not in your favor...well, if you fight.  There are alternatives to fighting....]
______

The woman eyed the coin purse.  "Well, I suppose a little money doesn't hurt, even for the wrong kind of business.  It'll cost you some if the guards come knocking, though.  They don't like trouble makers on this side of the bridge."

She gestured around.  "Have your men make themselves at home if you want to hide.  As for this "Gudr," we "workers" remember appearances more than names.  Maybe we'll have seen your man around."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty26.06.13 20:54

Mattus turned around to his men and gave them a stern look.

"Stay here at the Door and try to keep everyone out. We don't want to be seen by anyone."

Mattus then walked over to the older woman and fumbled a coin from his purse.

"As I already said his name is Gudr and he is of impressive height. Even taller than Mikael back there." Mattus turned around and pointed at one of his companions.

"He is around his 40's and wears the robe of the Order of the Sky. I haven't seen him myself yet but I guess someone that big must stand out." After a short pause he continued. "I am afraid that is all we know, can you help us?

Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty04.07.13 16:47

"Hm...I seem to recall a man of the description. Actually several, but the others are...regulars. He was actually here for similar reasons to you; he sought information. I wonder if we're doing something wrong, attracting the wrong kind of customers..."

A couple of women from the back rooms came out about then and, noticing the knights gathered within, began to flirt with the group. Keeping their orders in mind, the soldiers mostly became flustered at the attention.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty06.07.13 0:23

Mattus was happy to at least hear from Gudr, even though it wasn't much, it showed that he was alive at some time.

"Do you still know what kind of information he wanted? Or did he tell you anything where he wanted to go? I have to know everything."

Mattus tried to stay calm, but inside he tensed up, this might be the clue they needed to finally get to him before anyone else could.

Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty11.07.13 17:43

The woman pinched the bridge of her nose. "He was looking for some folks. Raven...swords or something. I told him I had no idea what the hell he was even talking about. I directed him to some people who might know something. Red Brotherhood. Maybe you'll want to see them."

She leaned over to look past him. "You might want to see the back door, too. You've got friends coming." Through the windows, a larger group of guards were slowly doing building to building sweeps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums   IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - Tempest Bridge and Slums
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next