A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf

Go down 
+10
Klaus Witz
Sir Nickolas
Sigwald
William Alatin III
Arcanum
Sir Lucius
Alexandria1
Aodh
Pravenstern
Laisha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty09.09.13 17:43

The city guard and the Gryphon archers began to pick up the wounded Dragons. Carrying them to their captured comrades, it helped in identifying the dead from the still living. Two of Alatin's men had bled out in the aftermath of the fight, as had Hodor. The rest still clung to life in varying ways. The Lions ignored all of this, showing open contempt for the knights of the north and the king's men alike. Wulfred himself glared at Klaus.
______

Not far, oblivious to the exact situation in the streets, Kharad failed utterly to open the door, instead bruising both his hands and feet in the attempt.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty09.09.13 17:54

The arrival of Klaus momentarily snapped Gilaver out of his daze, before returning to it again. However, the young mettenheimer held his, or whatever had overcome him, attention. He started to speak in a quiet and muffled voice, disbelief evident in his slow and constantly breaking speech.

"...Why...? Why are we fighting against Dragons, how. It makes no sense..."

Gilaver threw a look at Klaus, his eyes hidden behind the helmet.

"...And yet, I do not even know you. Are you even a real Griffon? What is this..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sir Hawkins brethed a sigh of relief as the enemy broke from the battle. They had survived against all odds, and emerged triumphant. Given the tense state of the soldiers around him lookng for the wounded, he held back from cheering. Instead, he looked for Cathlynn, and the newly arrived Roger. Fortunately heavily armoured figures were easy to find in the mass, and the group congregated quickly.

"I will go and pick up the wounded Liza and Sanders down the road. Rendezvous with Witz and Gregale. Don't get into too much trouble."

Spurring his horse onwards, he set to find his currently absent comrades. Cathlynn and Roger instead made their way to Klaus, who had conveniently reached Gilaver already.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty10.09.13 3:15

"We've fought and lost, William. No glory and no honor will accompany us to Rane, only our dead." Aelos said to the kneeling Thane. Suddenly, he noticed that Natir was still around.

"Outrider, although you killed my friend, you are a prisoner no more."
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty10.09.13 3:39

"Herr Gilaver, are you make injure?" Klaus inquired softly, looking over the griffon carefully and looking for signs of blood around the head in particular.

"We are in Windholm, the city revolt. The dragons join with rebel, and we put it down. We win." Klaus continued, approaching closer.

"Sit, and take off helm, maybe clear air do you good, ja?"

Seeing the other griffons clustered around their commander, Klaus spotted Sir Roger with a smile.

"You do well today! I make sure to report favourable for you" pausing then, Klaus glanced towards Gilaver and added to Sir Roger "you know him better than me, what happen to Herr Gilaver? Is he injure? He say he not know me, maybe know you more, can you make check if he wounded?"
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty10.09.13 4:41

The quick looks didn't find any dents in the helmet and the only blood was found on the blade of the Zweihander. Gilaver himself turned to look into the city around them. His calm movements belied the agitation he felt. At the same time as Roger answered to Klaus, Gilaver whispered

"...This really is not..."

At the same time, he started to grip the handle of his sword more forcefully. Meanwhile, Roger instead modestly replied to his compliments.

"It is only a pleasure to do your duty, sir."

The second part elicited a surprised reaction reaction from the bald young man who took several seconds before answering.

"That fucker flipped? I am kind of new, and can't recall this kind of thing ever happening... The seniors, Liza and Hawkins, might know something, but the former is wounded, and the latter... Really chose the most inappropriate time to get the wounded."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty12.09.13 2:21

Natir nodded. He moved over to where he dropped his sword, using it to cut the bonds on his hands free. Than quickly moving over to the closest of his wounded men and tried to do what he could for the outrider. He took the clarion from his belt and blew the code for his men from the battle to join him in treating the wounded.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty12.09.13 4:12

"Find them, Herr Roger" Klaus said with a glance at the knight "I have no idea what to do. This is first time I see this."

"What do you see Gilaver?" Klaus asked, turning back to his superior "What is really not?"

Remembering then where he was, Klaus gestured to the other griffon, Cathlynn.

"We need to see to wounded, set up team to make see who is injure and need help, and who is not. Find out who has heal skill, and see they have supply" he called to her.

"It is too bad the doctors chose to fight with rebel" he added with a sigh, returning to focus on Gilaver.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty12.09.13 8:10

Both of the knight saluted Klaus hastily before scurrying off to complete their missions. Roger mounted his horse as fast as he could, and Cathlynn disappeared to othe crowd. Meanwhile Gilaver sheathed his sword, and slowly took off the helmet, which was accompanied by several fast breaths that seemed to calm him down somewhat.

"...Yes, it does appear to be Windholm, the architechture is familiar."

His eyes scanned the area, and Gilaver's face seemed to be almost contemplative before twisting into a noticeable vince.

"Although, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of this headache causing disturbances... In my sight. Which would... Explain a lot..."

Although it wasn't very obvious beneath the armour, Gilaver's balance had started to sway.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty12.09.13 10:04

Though most wouldn't have noticed the swaying, Klaus was a Mettenheim soldier and was trained from birth to spot such minute changes of stance in another. Stepping forward quickly, he grasped the shoulders of the elder man, and applied some downward pressure to get the man to sit.

"You must have head wound" Klaus muttered under his breath as he did so, but then added louder "Herr Gilaver, you are not well. I am friend, I am griffon. See crest on my armour, yes? Sit now, otherwise..." Klaus shrugged, not really knowing what he was on about.

"See you remember city, yes? See the house behind me, burning. We fight in there, you save my life with archers when dragons capture me. We now have them capture, it was long battle but we win. The king always win!"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty12.09.13 10:26

Rayvs spat as he was herded back by the Vanskerry and mercenaries.

"What now?"
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty13.09.13 2:12

Unfortunately the force applied to Gilaver's shoulders was enough to sent him to the ground, and without his abnormally good balance, he was quickly sprawled on the ground.

"...Most... Perturbatory..."

He managed to let out before falling unconscious on the street from the headache.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty13.09.13 4:41

Klaus knelt down, and gently lifted the griffon, his back straining against the added weight of the man's armour. Carefully he carried him to the growing lines of wounded, and flagged down one of those assigned to their care.

"This is a very important man, make sure he treated well, yes? He probably make us win the field today. I think he is head hit, but I see no blood there. Check please."

Without waiting for more, Klaus strode away knowing that he had other things to attend to. First, he went to find Wulfred, it was high time the two talked.
Back to top Go down
Kharad Moriendor

Kharad Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty13.09.13 10:33

Kharad stumbled away from the door, spitting and cursing as he went. With a grim malice upon his face he eyed the door with intent. Any other would have been deterred after such failure, but no so Kharad, whos love for treasure and luxuries urged him onward. The doors stubborness only made him desire whatever was behind it even more. With a angry grunt, Kharad charged the door again, a shoulder barge leading the way.

((Orders: Same as last time))
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty13.09.13 16:16

Satisfied with his scouting for now, Sir Lucius retreated back down the alley. He returned just as his men began lightning their makeshift torches from the wood they had gathered. Although they lost the battle, it was increasingly apparent that this was destined and Astraea had been guiding them to this moment all along. Or at least that's what Lucius thought.

"Good," he said. "We shall make our way to the Church to find the Bishop. Burn everything in our path, but be wary: while Astraea has blessed us, know that we are surrounded by heretics who will not understand. It is best we keep our actions from them."

The men all nodded and verbally confirmed their orders. The remaining Dawn, as well as Captain Barbarossa, followed Lucius down the alley and onto the same roadway Sir Morek recently traveled. However, as they walked, they took the time to ignite the buildings around them with their torches. With luck, the winds of Windholm would spread the fire throughout the heretical city.

I am your instrument of justice!

[Edited as per OOC thread.]
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty14.09.13 17:43

The entire street filled with activity as wounded from both sides were recovered by the city guard. Those both able and wounded among the Clarion Call recovered what horses they could from around the street to help with transport. Javier, still unconscious, was thrown atop one of those horses. His compatriot, Sir Victor, was almost passed over, the pool of blood around his head seeming to show him dead. He stirred when nudged by a curious guard and groggily watched the men around him bandage his head.

Just a few meters off, Sir Hawkins of the Griffons dismounted and unknowingly glanced at the corpse of Liza, mutilated beyond recognition. Sanders noticed that detail as he shifted to greet his fellow.

On the other end of the field, where buildings still burned, though a handful of men had turned to try and find ways to contain it, Lord Wulfred looked at the Eventide cluster at the intersection with disgust. He wanted to attack, but knew his forces had no momentum. He would leave unwise decisions to inferior leaders. He heard the Mettenheim armor clanking together without even turning around.

"What do you want, Griffon?" he asked brusquely.
______

One of the Vanskerry with Rayvs, obviously not the leader from before, shrugged. "I don't know. You're the knight."

Not far, aboard the Duchess' ship, Kharad's charge fared better than previous attempt. Smashing through the door, he nearly slammed into the opposite wall, barely spinning out and avoiding something more painful than a few bruised knuckles. At least he was in.
______

Barbarossa reappeared near Lucius just as the group was about to depart, having wandered off in the aftermath of saving the Dawn Knight to find some of his people. A couple were with him. "Wh-what are you doing?!" His eyes were wide and his jaw dropped as several of the old houses caught under the burning timber. "These are homes you're destroying! I thought you came to help us!"
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty15.09.13 2:31

"Herr Wulfred, ja?" Klaus said, nearing the lion who had spoken.

"I am Klaus, of the Griffons. Our superior, Herr Gilaver is make injure so now I command king's men" he continued, without waiting for an answer.

"Now, I be brief. I make no accusation, but I see lion cut down Herr Arrin the duchess son, this is treason" Klaus paused, holding up a hand to still any reaction.

"But, you also one of three loyal order who bring peace back to city. You act fast, this is good. City need strong leader. Arrin burn in that house, we could not save" Klaus stated, gesturing back at the building with a sigh.

"This I will not forgot, but for good of Pendor I let this go if you be strong guardian for city. Make Windholm save, and loyal to king. Do we make understand?"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty15.09.13 23:24

Rayvs shrugged.

"I'm heading towards the harbor. Hopefully we can get out before we get surrounded here, and I should have reinforcements there."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty16.09.13 7:06

Sir Hawkins inclined his head at the sight before him. Such brutality was a rare sight, and never a welcome one. He could only pity the soldier in that bloody pile. Turning away from the nauseating sight, Hawkins greeted his comrade who held his injured arm.

"It is good to see you alive and well, old friend. The battle is now over, and we have won. Now, where is Liza?"

Hawkins stared at the injured Griffon, and Sanders returned it with a guilty look toward the bloody pile. No words were shared or needed. Hawkins looked behind him once again, and with a thorough look noticed the black cloth that was still partially visible.

"...I see... Truly a sad day for the order, but we have to bear through it. Come on, let's get you to the healers, no sense in wasting lives any more than it already has."

Sanders could only comply, but he threw an apologizing gaze at his fallen comrade.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty17.09.13 12:38

"We are helping you," Lucius replied, an intense expression on his face. "We lost, Captain. The Duchess is going to take pleasure in punishing this city and if she doesn't, that cursed Lion certainly will! Many will perish! Would you rather she take everything intact so she can ravage it? The Dawn certainly will not permit this injustice!"

As the two men argued about what the Dawn Knights were doing, the group attempted to keep moving. The Knight-Brothers were actively searching for any alleys or side streets that could both get them off the main road and direct them to the Astraean Church. However, they continued taking time to light whatever dry timber they could find.

[Lucius attempts to convince Barbarossa and his men with his Priest and Silver Tongue traits.]
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty19.09.13 4:59

Rayvs and his men encountered no resistance in their walk to the harbor, however the smell of smoke was present all around them. The winds of Windholm seemed to be picking up as well, making it difficult to determine where the smoke came from. Still, their journey to the harbor was uninterrupted by any city or rebel forces intent on stopping them.

OOC: Move to the Harbor thread next, please.

--------------------------------

The Holy Warriors under Sir Lucius' command continued their work of spreading Astraea's glorious judgement in Windholm. The former Knights of the Red Dawn knew their trade almost as well as Sir Lucius himself, and the fire spread quickly. The rising winds aided the pyromaniacal act, and sparks flew from building to building. It seemed that Astraea was sending her own invisible hands to spread the flames her servant had ignited.

Barbarossa kept moving, and gave no response to Sir Lucius for a moment. His head turned back and forth as he witnessed the destruction of Windholm, ironically added by the force of nature that gave the city its name.

"That was Molkt's home. The Duchess had him beheaded before the rebellion began..." The Butcher mumbled under his breath, clearly with agitation.

"This is Windholm. This is my home! I'll have vengeance!"

The giant of a man drew the large butchering knife from his belt, with the blade held towards his lower fingers so that he might stab down. He lifted his hand high and stabbed it down, with every intention of stabbing inside Sir Lucius' collarbone.

OOC: Continue at the Church of Astraea next, please.

----------------------

Lord Wulfred sneered at the Griffon at first. As if he needed the approval of some Mettenheim lacky of the Griffon King in Sarleon, or had to answer for the death of his brother in law. He opened his mouth to speak, and his eyes betrayed the hateful words he intended to spew. Just before his lips formed the words, he stopped and stared at the smoke cloud that seemed to be engulfing the city.

The whistling winds soon gave rise to the orange glow of flames, far more than would have come from simply the burned house. It could not be denied by the City forces or the Order Knights that remained near the Duke's Wharf: Windholm was burning.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty20.09.13 4:38

Natir looked up from treating one of his men with basic first aid. He saw the pillar of smoke, and his eyes widened.

He recomposed himself, and began to tend to the outrider once again, and called to his fit outriders. "Quick, the city is alight. Get any man who can move to start to head for the main gate. I'm going to see what I can do about the fire. You (one outrider) pass me his (a wounded outrider's) bow and arrows."

Catching the bow and quiver and putting them  around him,  he called the Duchesses's forces.   "Men of Windholm your city is burning. Captains of the Guards gather your men, we need to start evacuating the city, and see if we can put out the fire. Buckets, get buckets hurry!"

Walking down the road he called to the Griffons, " Knights of the Griffons,the city is alight escort the wounded out of the city there may be militant groups running around and the wounded will need to be protected. I'll see if I can help the city guard qwell the fire."

Turning down the street he continue his shot of warning and calling the men of Windholm to get water.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty20.09.13 6:00

Klaus turned to see what the lion was looking at, and his eyes widened at the sight of the orange glow. He stood, stunned for a moment, his brain seeming to slow. It was the shouts of the Clarion Call commander which returned him to reality, and he gave the man a salute by clenching a fist over his heart with a nod.

"Herr Wulfred, it is your city again, good luck in save" he then strode away from the lion, caring little for what the snob thought, this was just the diversion he needed.

Returning to the griffons, he looked around for a moment to assess his resources, pausing for just an instant before he began to bellow his orders.

"Retainers! Make get all wounded. Take them to Jorm camp, and then away out of city. Make treat when clear. When you have make treat, we meet at Castle Adalhard, understand?"

"Greatswords! Make go with Kajal, get Gilaver home save!" he then went in closer to Kajal, the most medically adept of the griffon greatswords.

"You go personally with Gilaver. When you get to Jorm camp, make put him in city guard colours, and put Arrin in Gilaver's griffon tabard, also cut Arrin hair and put dirt on face. Make him look different. Send Gilaver ahead with greatsword escort, leave Arrin with retainers. They bring him back separate. If lions search, they find city uniform under griffon guard, they think that their target. I only hope Gilaver awake when they find him... I dread to think how he respond to lions, I hope he earned his reputation with sword..." Klaus murmured with a slight smile.

"Now, go!" he snapped turning away once more to find the other griffon knights. He found them near the corpse, but it was so mangled he was unable to recognize it's features as a comrade.

"Herr knights, I must ask one more task of you" he said, moving in conspiratorially.

"Go with Gilaver and greatswords to Jorm Camp. When there, go with retainers, and guard Arrin. Treat Arrin as the king, guard him. When you leave city, take off tabards and hide you are griffon. I ask you because you stand out less than greatswords. Join caravan or something to make travel easier. Make sure he make it back to Castle Adalhard save. This is secret mission, lions might try to find and kill him. Greatswords make diversion, I hope it enough, if not we rely on you. Klar?"

Plans made, Klaus went to his dragon prisoners, biting his lip as he thought of what to do about them.

"Are you happy with what your rebellion has done to city?" he asked brusquely, gesturing at the growing flames.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty20.09.13 6:14

The group saluted and set to accomplish their mission, although Sanders was put on a horse due to his injuries.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty20.09.13 14:01

"Are you happy what your suppression has done to this city?"

Alatins muscles rippled as he began to regain his strength.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty21.09.13 2:07

Klaus stood for a moment, glaring down at the bound Dragon, his brows furrowed in thought.

"If you had show today that you have honour as well as brave, then I let you go. No question. I am soldier, these are qualities that are import. You are brave, but have no honour, this is bad. I give you last chance, show to me that Ravenstern is what I had hope it be"

Klaus then paced down the line of dragons, tapping every second dragon on the shoulder, indicating that they should rise. Thane Alatin was one of those selected. He then turned to where the griffons were treating the wounded.

"Herr John! Make take these standing dragon to the gate, and release. They are free."

He then turned back to the dragons.

"Half of you go free, return to Ravenstern. Tell your masters what happen here. Tell them that you lose this fight, and that the king have the rest of your men. Pay ransom for you all, then I set these free too. You have one month, or I charge these of treason. Penalty is..." he finished, moving his index finger across his neck with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf   IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Duke's Wharf
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next