A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Church of Astraea

Go down 
+6
Psychozoa
Arcanum
Sir Lucius
Isabel Tenorio
Sir Vinson
Laisha
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty
PostSubject: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty08.03.13 18:35

There was silence for a moment, before, "Hold there!" issued from above.

A few moments later, the large, heavy door creaked open followed closely by a torch. After a moment's pause, ostenibly to see if the torch was going to be attacked, a man wearing a wyvern's helmet stuck his head out of the door. Finally convinced that Vinson was telling the truth, he walked out entirely as the door opened wider.

"Knight brother! It seems our prayers have been answered. It is good to see you here. The city has been in chaos for days and we've been growing concerned for the Bishop's safety."

[OOC: I'm merely creating the new thread now. These are merely my reactions to the Dawn actions from last time, nothing new.]
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Sir Vinson

Sir Vinson

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty09.03.13 8:41

Sir Vinson nodded and waved his men inside. "I agree brother. We must get to work immediately. I have a few men outside scouting the grounds. See to it that they get inside as well." He furrowed his brow as he took another look into the night. He put his thumb and forefinger to his mouth and let out a shrill whistle: one short and one long blast. It was the signal for his men to return to him.

"I need to know everything, brother. Tell me while my men rest."

He waited in the foyer for his men to return before heading into the church.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty10.03.13 18:26

The Dawn responded to the call in under a minute. The Wyvern led them inside. Another Wyvern awaited them, alongside a small group of commoners, armed with swords and spears, though it was obvious none knew how to use the weapons.

"Stand down," said the first wyvern. "These are loyal followers of Astraea. They've come to help."

The wyvern motioned for Vinson to follow him to the altar. Set up nearby was an old table and a few chairs. He sat down and extended his hand, introducing himself as "Karl Wolfen, Wyvern of the Dawn, by the way. I apologize for my treatment of you earlier, it's not been all bad, but the situation is stressful all the same. It started not long ago when--"

A shout from the front of the church interrupted him. "Captain Wolfen! We have more visitors! A man claiming to be a Sir Lucius of the Dawn!"

[OOC: Once Vinson verifies him, you can assume Lucius is let in.]
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty14.03.13 6:42

Seleucia approached the group of peasants shortly after Sir Lucius, while still marching in formation with her small retinue. She had every intention of marching past, if allowed.
Back to top Go down
Sir Vinson

Sir Vinson

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty14.03.13 7:25

Sir Vinson took the man's hand firmly. "Sir Vinson, Knight of the Dawn. Sir Lucius rode with me here. He should have two of his men with him. Permit him entrance."

While Karl took care of his gatekeeping duties, Vinson spoke briefly to his Wyvern Lieutenant to assign his men shifts of sentry duty while the remainder take their deserved rest.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty15.03.13 8:48

[OOC: I'm going to assume Lucius has entered so I don't hold this up any more.]

Karl took a seat again and addressed the two Dawn knights. "As I was telling Sir Vinson, things have not been as dangerous as our vigilance may make it seem. At the very least, there have been no direct threats against the church. However, we have grown increasingly concerned for the bishop's safety as the rebels have moved toward the castle. While they're not threatening us, they have gotten uncomfortably close, leaving us concerned the castle will mistake the church for having aligned with them. The last thing we need is to have a war on our doorstep.

"So we've been staying vigilant, warning them away and arming those escaping the conflict--" he gestured to the civilians gathered throughout "--in the event of the unthinkable."
______

Seleucia's troops, like Sir Vinson's, could not shake the feeling that they were being followed in the darkness. And much his men, they found themselves bathed in the glow of dozens of torches. An authoritative voice called out
"Halt! Are you knights of the Dawn?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty15.03.13 10:07

Seleucia seemed to say something, perhaps in an Amalan tongue, and the small band stopped marching. Seleucia took a single, although large, step forward before speaking.

"We are of the Shadow Legion, and await the arrival of the dawn. We await Astraea's just oversight of a meeting. More knights will most likely arrive in the coming hours, we simply arrive first."

After finishing her statement she took a step back and uttered another command. At her word the two legionnaries in the back turned around, so that at each flank of her party two legionnaires faced forward with their backs pressing against the other two.

Last edited by Isabel Tenorio on 16.03.13 3:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty15.03.13 10:35

[OOC: Apologies if I held anything up!]

Sir Lucius had finally made his way inside of the church, thankful to Astraea that the men he thought were following him hadn't actually revealed themselves. Characteristically, he wasted no time and focused on the task at hand.

Lucius removed his helmet as he listened to the Wyvern explain the situation. When the man finished speaking, he cleared his throat and spoke, "Unfortunately, it seems to me that this city has strayed quite far from the teachings of Astraea. It is good to see that some—" he indicated the civilians around them "—understand this, but they are drowning in a sea of injustice. Astraea demands that this mustn't be tolerated and if we truly wish to help these people, we will restore justice—under the Bishop's leadership."

He took a breath. "Where is Bishop Gundar now? There is also the matter of the Heretic."
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty19.03.13 8:27

The Wyvern raised an eyebrow. "Heretic? I've heard nothing about this. But perhaps the Bishop has...." He gestured to a door. "Bishop Gundar is down in the catacombs right now. But I'm sure he'll want to hear from you."

[OOC: Nah, you held nothing up. I'm not any faster. Razz ...Wait, why am I jovial about that? I'm terrible! D:]
______

The man who appeared to lead them seemed confused by Seleucia's choice of words. Before he could respond, someone walked up behind him and whispered in his ear. He waited until the newcomer was finished.

"It seems you're free to pass. Don't cause trouble while you wait."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty19.03.13 9:32

Seleucia and her small cohort continued into the Church of Astraea, assuming nothing arose to prevent them.

The Legionnaires, along with Seleucia, seemed to be looking carefully at the area. Although they had no specific training, or even experience, they looked for possible areas that an ambush might be waiting for anyone entering the Church as they did.

OOC: (I await the fireblade swinging of Lucius and Vinson...)
Back to top Go down
Sir Vinson

Sir Vinson

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty19.03.13 16:49

Sir Vinson nodded as he listened to the man's briefing.

"Please do bring the Bishop. Our priority should be to ensure his safety though it is vital to cut away the corruption spread by whoever started this city's madness. However, if we cannot ensure the latter than getting the bishop and our remaining faithful free from this city as it burns itself to the ground."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty22.03.13 4:41

"No, Brother," Lucius told Vinson firmly. "If we wish to accomplish what is just, it is best we not make demands of the Bishop. We shall go to him."

At that moment a Dawn sentry approached the two Brothers. "Newcomers arrive, sirs!" the man said.

Lucius immediately laid his hand on his blade. "Prepare yourselves!" he exclaimed to the men and they awaited the Legionnaires arrival, assuming defensive positions inside the Church.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty25.03.13 10:52

The two Legionnaires making up the rear flanks moved to open the great doors into the Church of Astraea. Upon entering they re-assumed their positions on the flanks of her small cohort. The party moved several steps into the Church, enough for the doors to be closed. The Legionnaires kept their hands on their swords, but did not draw them. The Marini kept their halberds pointing forward, however. After a brief moment of looking around Seleucia stepped forward, but said nothing. Her large shield, on her left, was relaxed and at her side. Her right arm followed suit, and held nothing.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty25.03.13 16:58

Captain Wolfen narrowed his eyes. "Seems we're a popular destination this night. I will go to find and secure the Bishop. I shall bring him out once this is resolved."

From without, no one seemed to actively impede the Legion at the church doors. It was clear there was activity within, but what exactly was unclear.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty26.03.13 8:04

"Halt!" Sir Lucius shouted loudly and clearly once the Legionnaires entered the building. "Astraea demands that you declare your intentions."

The rest of the Dawn Knights seemed ready to attack at a moments notice, but they held their defensive positions inside the Church. If they had intended to force a battle, it would be clear; this was not the case.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty26.03.13 8:06

Seleucia turned her head to scan the room, trying to note each Dawn Knight. Afterwards she focused her gaze on the knight who had spoken.

"First declare your intentions, Knight. Are you Red or white?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty26.03.13 8:14

"I am a member of the Dawn in the house of Astraea!" Lucius replied with a booming voice. "You will declare your intentions!"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty26.03.13 8:18

"The Orders are to meet Conrad Valdor at dawn, in the eyes of your Astraea."

Seleucia's small party remained close to the doors of the Church, and in formation.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty26.03.13 8:25

"It doesn't take a scholar to see that it is not yet dawn," said Lucius while releasing the grip on his sword slightly. "Speak plainly. Do you mean to say that you are here to meet Valdor?"

Seeing Sir Lucius relax, even if slightly as he did, indicated to the rest of the Dawn that these Legionnaires were not as threatening as first presumed. However, they did not let down their guard.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty26.03.13 8:29

"No, Priest of Astraea, I am not here to meet Valdor. I have already met the Merchants' Lord."

Seleucia took a few steps backwards, ending in formation with the others of her party.

"I am a Trierarch of the Shadow Legion, and I await the dawn meeting of knights and the Merchants' Lord."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty26.03.13 8:50

"You have already met?" Sir Lucius asked, raising an eyebrow.

After a moment, he grimaced, looking to Sir Vinson and to several of the Dawnites. "Stand down," he ordered to his men.

He focused on Seleucia. "I wish to know what information you can provide about the Merchants' Lord."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty26.03.13 8:55

"You will meet him under the rising sun, Sword of Astraea."

The Shadow Legion troops remained in their small formation.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty28.03.13 5:47

Lucius muttered something under his breath in his native Amalan tongue, then turned to face the Wyvern. "Perhaps it's best you brought the Bishop here."

After a moment, he took a breath. "Trierarch," he stated, facing the Legionnaires again. "You have merely restated what is already known. You may remain in the Church, but any additional information you can provide would be seen as a token of good faith. What can you tell me of Valdor's intentions? What does he seek?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty28.03.13 7:31

Seleucia eyed the Dawn knight for a moment before speaking.

"The Merchants' Lord would end the tyrant's poisonous grip on the coin of this city, Knight of Astraea."
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty28.03.13 8:19

The Dawnite nodded, then rubbed his beard. "As I suspected," Lucius began, "And you stand where, Trierarch?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   IC Scene - The Church of Astraea Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Church of Astraea
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next