A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Stables

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty12.05.13 17:15

The initial streets the Clarion Call rangers walked through were devoid of life. Whether it was from the fighting or because the people were spooked by the presence of the knights wasn't clear. Realistically, it didn't matter, either. Their progress was slow as they awaited the scouts and it didn't take long for one of the men to return down the main road.

"Sir, there are men encamped down the road some way. I couldn't tell at my distance who they were, but I assume they're rebels. At least two dozen. They appear to be watching over a wharf to the northwest."

[OOC: For the record, you've entered by way of the South Gate.]
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty13.05.13 4:51

Nodding his head Seph then motions for his men to gather.

" Time to go to work lads and lasses, we want them alive if possible but we don't take risks. They are rebels we are knights our lives are worth more. "

Motioning then he moves his men forward all 12 men drawing bows and notching arrows ready to fire.

Form firing line from horseback, close in and shout at the rebels to surrender, they have 3 seconds to agree if they don't or they attempt to make any move then shoot them down. If they come close draw sword and shield and ride them into the ground.

After the first volley 3 men are to cease fire and 1 each is to watch the left, right and rear to prevent enemies ambushing us, they are to shoot down any rebels they see and warn us.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty13.05.13 15:44

As the mounted Clarion Call knights trotted forward, some of the encamped rebels seemed to take note and began readying their gear. As the knights approached a bit closer it was apparent that one man had fled away from them. The rebels began forming into an improvised line, armed with a variety of weaponry- swords, axes, shields, bows, some even had armor.

One man, armed with a sheathed sword and shield, and armored in chainmail, began approaching the still distant knights. "Grey or Gold?" he shouted towards them.

Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty14.05.13 2:46

" Grey of course my good man. "

(( And now for the what ifs. ))

If this was the correct answer ride into the enemy men dismount and ask them how the fight is going, get any possible details then kill all but the leader with melee weapons and shields, the signal is the line " I need to tend to my horse. "

If this was incorrect shoot the man in the knee myself, have all of my men open fire on the enemies targetting those with bows first, then those without shields then the rest.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty14.05.13 9:33

The man looked at Mesor for a brief moment.

"So Greysword sent out for the Call, 'eh? Not such a surprise."

The man turned back towards the his own party and loudly speaks, while some of them look rather nervous.

"Jerm, run and tell Olrick that Greysword has sent us some Call knights."

After turning back to the Clarion Call as Mesor asks his question, he motions them towards the camp.

"Come on then, I'll tell you all about the fight."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty14.05.13 11:56

Shrugging at the men and putting his bow away Seph then follows the man.

" So how'd you get rid of the guards on the gate? We didn't get many details when we were sent they just told us to get here and wait until we found a way in.

How many of you are there? Not to be offensive but by the looks of things I could beat most of your men with 1 arm behind my back so if I'm to fight with you I'd like to know who will be watching my back and more importantly if I can count on them to fight trained soldiers without dieing in 3 seconds or running.
"

As he speaks Sephs men spread themselves out keeping bows in hand around the camp looking over the gathered men rebels in the camp to ask them about any experience they have.

" Of course my men will be talking with your men as well to discover how good they are but if these are indicative of the rest of your force it looks like I'm going to have a lot of work to do. "
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty15.05.13 12:57

The man nodded slowly at Mesor.

"Right, right. I'm sure you could beat a lot of us with one hand tied behind your back..."

The thundering sound of horses interrupted the man. The sound belonged to clearly at least a dozen well-bred warhorses, many of them armored and bearing noblemens' banners. Trailing shortly behind was a large company of footmen, some of them not so poorly equipped.

"But what about both hands?"

The man drew his longsword as the rest of the rebels raised or lowered their weapons at the Clarion Call knights. Clearly the Clarion Call had wandered into a large portion of the rebel forces.

"Greysword levied taxes on us highborns the same as the merchants. So now I wonder, what ransom might she pay for you lot?"

Back to top Go down
Mesor
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty15.05.13 13:14

Smiling at the man Seph then sniggers, big mistake little man you've just tipped your hand.

Seph nudges his horse causing it to kick the man in the chest with it's rear legs as he roars. (( Hello shattered rib cage, getting close to a war horse isn't a good idea when your on foot Smile ))

" Head for the gates!!!!, Put your arrows into these fools guts and follow me, let's teach these bastard nobleborns what happens when you screw with the best mounted archers this world has ever seen!!!!! Aim for the horses eyes and let's see if nobleborns bounce. "

After the kick Seph heads for the gate and draws his bow to fire behind him at the knights, as he does so his men fire the ready notched arrows into the closest rebels in the camp then follow him also shooting behind them at the knights.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty15.05.13 14:04

The man stood slightly to the side, giving himself a full moment to swing his sword at Mesor's horse. The powerful hooves still caught his arm, surely shattering the bone. Unfortunately for the horse, it was still slashed. The pain of the wound and the enclosing masses of rebels didn't help the situation, and Mesor was quickly thrown from the bucking horse. He flew several paces before landing hard on the ground, but at least the rebels stayed a few steps away for that brief moment. Due to the shock of landing on the ground, he had only a moment to decide his next action before the rebels would be on top of him.

The rest of his men fared no better. Halberds, spears, swords, and a few bolts attacked them and their horses. The knights had only enough time to lose one arrow at most before the rebels were onto them. One knight took a bolt to the eye and fell limp from his rampaging horse. Another's mount was taken to the ground by an axe to the neck, but at least the rider had loosed one arrow first. Another few drew their swords and slashed as best they could, but they were surrounded on all sides, and the reinforcements charged in to complete the encirclement.

Only one managed to ride past the initial rebel group, only to be lanced by a plate-armored knight who clearly didn't value the Fierdsvain tradition of fighting on foot.

The rebels showed little restraint in attacking the knights, some even clubbing those who fell to the ground, trapped by their horses.

All 12 knights fall, 9 dead.
((You had incredibly bad luck with the dice, all fall, and only 3/12 to live, plus a 1/10 for Seph.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Stables   IC Scene - The Stables - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Stables
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3