A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm

Go down 
+7
Isabel Tenorio
Evedas
Arcanum
Ser Varys
Psychozoa
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Laisha
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty19.03.13 15:43

The tavern's patrons looked up at Morek with varying levels of displeasure. It seemed his pretentious manner did not go over well with them. Slowly, they returned to their drinks and conversations, leaving Morek looking somewhat silly.

Finally, the keep called out, "Well, are you going to stand there scaring my customers or will you be getting a drink? You owe me that much," he added with a amused grin.

Some time after, Rayvs' small group of Eventide knights approached the Wind-Scoured Tavern. Ironically, they were confronted with the sight of the same Radiant Cross knights they had encountered earlier, sans Morek and any who remained in the tavern with him.
______

Rivatha's meeting with her subordinate, though it would have appeared random and unexpected to anyone beyond the Gloves, we not so to the both of them. Both made their trips back safely, Miriam waiting in the tavern, per Rivatha's instructions.
______

Sir Mattus was allowed to go as the two soldiers tended to their injured comrade. It was assured the wound would leave him disfigured for the rest of his life...assuming he didn't bleed out first. Leaving the "soldiers" behind, Mattus vanished into the streets again, winding his way into the nearby artisan district.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty19.03.13 18:37

Morek shrugged, to him it had seemed a reasonable way to announce himself, no beating about the bush. This was the place he was told to go to and now he was there. The barkeep seemed to be amiable enough, he would start there though to the best of his knowledge he couldn't remember why he owed the man anything, maybe it was because he scared the customers? He walked over to the man, flanked by his Conquistadors who voiced a request for a glass of cheap wine apiece in their thick accents before Morek could talk.

I suppose I'll have a small mug of mead in that case. Morek put down a few small denomination copper coins on the bar that would hopefully cover the wine and mead, at least it would have in Ethos. I hadn't intended to startle anyone, though I guess a knight in plate and these two, he hooked a thumb over his shoulder at his companions, might give someone a start, especially considering how things seem to be going in the city. Morek took a seat at the bar, the two Conquistadors did as well, though they sat with their backs to the bar to watch the room and door as Morek and the barkeep continued to talk. Guess I will wait here for the person who wanted to see me. Like I said, my names Morek Valren. Who are you?

Outside, the Plaguewardens except for the 3 on guard detail milled about a bit, a few sitting against the wall to the tavern and the others standing around in a semi lose cluster to the side of the door looking out into the darkness. The Radiant Knights were, to a man, alert. No one seemed to be overly concerned by the appearance of the Eventides, though a few plaguewardens were interested that they had the tied up woman with them, it wasn't enough for them to voice the curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty20.03.13 10:58

Rayvs motioned for his knights to wait outside, and gestured at Haroun and Boadice to follow him in. As he walked into the tavern, he tripped and grasped one of his men before he entered. Grumbling to himself over the long walk, he righted himself and walked inside.

"That damn Radiant.." Rayvs murmured with hushed tones.

Rayvs headed for a table and sat down, with Boadice, their eyes scanning the crowd. Haroun walked over to the barkeep, and asked for three jugs of ale.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty21.03.13 10:33

Mattus waited for some time in the shadows of a corner. When he noticed that no one was following him he made his way back to the stables. As he turned in the main road he came by a tavern and noticed a bigger group lingering around the entrance. As he got closer he saw that they were men of the Radiant Cross. The stepped into the light of a torch before speaking to them.

"Greetings friends, I think Morek isn't far, where can I find him?"

One of the Plaguewardens looked up from another conversation, he clearly was mad at him for interrupting but as he saw who was speaking a smile appeared on his face and he stood up.

"Another friendly face, that is great, the eventiders over there will surely make some trouble later on. And Morek has gone inside."

"Thank you very much. Could you do me a favor before I join him inside, I told my men they should meet me at the stables around noon, could you go for me and then lead them back here? They should be there within the next few minutes."

The Plaguewarden just nodded and left heading for the stables. Mattus waited a bit before entering the Tavern looking for Morek.

[OOC: I just considered it was close to noon. Is this correct?]
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty21.03.13 11:29

A raised hand near the bar got the attention of the newly arrived radiant; one of the Conquistadors that had been watching the room and door had noticed and recognized him from when Mattus had been outside the gates of Windholm. He then hooked a thumb to his side where the distinct form of Morek was sitting with his back to the greater part of the tavern and speaking with the bartender.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty22.03.13 2:10

Mattus saw the Conquistador and a little later he saw the shape of Morek in the distance. He walked closer to where he sat and looked around the tavern while walking. Nothing out of the ordinary was happening, the only problem could be the eventiders he saw sitting at the table. As long as no Knights of the Dawn would enter the Tavern everything should work out. He reached Morek and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Greetings Morek, have you found any signs of our friend?"

He was speaking silently that only the Bartender and Morek could hear what he said. Hopefully the Bartender would get curious about what they were talking about.

Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty22.03.13 4:32

Morek glanced over his shoulder to confirm with his eyes what his Conquistador had told him.

Sadly no. Though I see you have made a few. He gestured at Mattus's uncovered spear before taking a sip of the mead, as it went it wasn't bad, but the stuff they brewed in Poinsbruk put it to shame. I came here following a lead that a certain Captain Jorm of the city guard told me. Oh now what did he say...... Something about a friend wanting to meet us here in this tavern I think it was. Haven't met anyone but our friendly barkeep here. He spoke in the same quiet voice as Mattus, only the bartender and Conquistadors next to him would hear what he said.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty22.03.13 5:12

"I don't think they would call me a friend. At least one of them. If you ever happen to come across some men dressed as Guardsmen better stay suspicious. They like to pick on weaker targets, or at least what they think is weaker."

He lowered the tip of his spear and began to put the cloth back around the blade, it is better not to show any blank steel in here. While doing that he turned to the Barkeeper.

"An ale for me and if you have it some news about what is going on here in Windholm."

Mattus took a piece of silver and placed it on the counter in front of the Barkeeper.

[OOC: Is that a reasonable price? Maybe an ale would cost a few coppers, so one silver piece would make him talk a bit more.]
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty24.03.13 0:09

Mortimer escaped the rebels, but he also lost track of knight, angry at himself, he taught that Lady of The Gloves should have already done her job, so he decided to go to tavern near castle.[same tavern where Miriam is]

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rivatha inspected castle and it's are carefully carefully, looking for guards,all entrances and anything else worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty25.03.13 7:14

"It's no trouble, really. No one tried to stab you, at any rate. Name's James, by the way." Handing the mead to Morek, the barkeep continued talking. "You know, I hate to say it, but this fight has been good for business. Very good, in fact. Lot's of people out there who are looking to have a good time after all this...tension during the day. I bet there's isn't a place in this city that isn't packed right now."

He stopped as he quietly regarded Rayvs. He left the bar for a moment to fill Haroun's order, leaving Morek in silence. For a tavern with someone to meet them, it was surprisingly mundane. People in various states of intoxication (and rowdiness) sat at tables and on benches. A pair of young, attractive barmaids shuffled from table to table, picking up orders from James periodically.

When Mattus arrived and slapped down his coin, the barkeep was more than willing to answer. "What news isn't there? City's burning, peasants revolting, Duchess seems powerless to stop it all. I suppose I'm fortunate that the fighting hasn't touched the artisans. Otherwise, this tavern might be on fire right now."

One of the maids walked up to the bar and James whispered something in her ear. As she walked off, in the direction of the Eventide, he leaned in close to Morek and Mattus. "Incidentally, there is someone here to meet you. Upstairs, third door on the right."

Among the Eventiders, the maid walked up and said, "You should head upstairs. Go to the third door on the right. Someone will meet you there."

[OOC: For the record, feel free to have the Eventider's chat among themselves if you want, Varys.]
_______

Rivatha's search made it clear that the castle was heavily defended. Even at this hour, multiple guards covered the entrance. However, no other obvious entrances were revealed from the road At least, none that weren't already behind the wall at the crest of the hill.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty25.03.13 7:35

I don't think the rioters would touch taverns. After all, where would they go for drinks and pleasant female company? Uh.... not that kind of company though.

He quickly added, raising his hands in a "don't take that the wrong way" gesture; this establishment wasn't some low class dive and he didn't want to offend the man who had just given them the information they wanted. Afterwards he looked towards Mattus and stood, the pair of Conquistadors finishing off their small cups of wine as well and heading for the stairs without much preamble.

Lets go Mattus, time isn't something we get back is it?

Morek downed the honey flavored drink and set the cup with the now empty wine glasses before heading for the stairs, putting his helmet back on and subtly loosening the strap that held his morningstar on his waist as he reached the bottom of the stairs and followed his Barclayans up.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty25.03.13 7:41

Rayvs stood up abruptly.

"Haroun, Boadice, come with me."

He headed upstairs swiftly, warily watching the shadows and the corners of the tavern, and frowning when he saw the Radiants going upstairs as well.

He cursed under his breath, and murmured "I hope there are no spiders here."
-------------------------------------------------

Outside, the Eventide party watched the Radiants, growing slightly uncomfortable with the silence in the streets.

Terstine turned to one of the Ghilmen and spoke, saying "Have you seen how Rayvs has been acting lately? It's slightly..unnerving."

The Ghilman, who's name was coincidentally Ghalman, shrugged.

"He's been different ever since he came back from Amala. Haroun's been worried sick about him, and I feel bad for the boy. Rayvs was his idol, and now he's different."

Terstine stood still for a moment, then lowered his voice. "I was there when he made the announcement about his results. What about you?"

Ghalman shook his head. "How could I forget? It seemed..off. The way he said it was weird."

Terstine nodded. " 'He's all alone now, grasped within the obsidian snake.' What could that mean?"

Ghalman shrugged. "Hell if I know. At least he's sane most of the time. Other times..I'm not so sure."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty25.03.13 9:04

Mattus wasted no time sa he saw the Eventides getting up as well heading for stairs. Together with Morek and the Conquistadores they quickly climbed the stairs and reached the door at the same time as the others. For a second they just stood there without moving before Mattus said something.

"Ok, if walk in together it will be a little crowded. What do you say, only one of each Order enters and does the talking."

He gave Morek a look indicating that he should enter. He was a better example of his order and he could talk much better.

OOC: Is this OK Varys or did I assume too much?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty25.03.13 9:12

Morek's cross faced helm turned from Mattus to the Eventide as he spoke. From the blank metal front of the helm it was hard to tell what he thought of the situation. He tapped the spiked head of his morningstar with a finger in an unconscious movement.

I don't have a problem with it.

Though to be fair I'd rather not have the possibly insane one with me. He thought in the privacy of his mind. I'd rather have the other one or even the Veccavian and her Ball-Chopper in there with me than him.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty25.03.13 15:39

Rayvs looked at Morek and Mattus suspiciously.

"Spiders..all of them.." he whispered under his breath.

Haroun put a hand on Rayvs's shoulder, and Rayvs jerked back.

"Rayvs, calm down. It's alright. We'll be out here if out need us."

Rayvs stared at Haroun for a moment, then visibly relaxed and turned to the Radiants.

"I'll be going in to speak. Either one of you can enter with me."

He moved forward to try and open the door and enter first, one hand resting on his blade.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty25.03.13 17:30

The heavy thud of plated boots told that it was Morek that was going to follow Ravys in, rotating his ar a bit to ensure that his shield was still securely strapped to his left forearm. His Conquistadores were staring at the back of Ravys head; everything about him making the pairs skin crawl. They had hoped they'd been done with the Eventide after the encounter in the streets earlier and had been most displeased when they had entered the tavern as well.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty28.03.13 17:51

Inside, the room was comfortably arranged...at least, as comfortably as a tavern room could be. A pair of beds and corresponding nightstands. A small rug next to each bed. A curio. Even a table and chairs adorned the room.

And then there was the old man.

He was standing in front of the window, looking over the docks to the left. Then he looked right, toward the castle. The room's vantage lent itself to a clear, wide view of the northern city. Finally, Lord Chamberlain Harold turned to regard his visitors.

"So, you both came after all," he said, grinning slightly. He hobbled to the table and took a seat, offering the other two chairs to the Radiant and Eventide. "You're probably wondering why I asked you here. Well, I believe it's no secret I think both of your reasons for coming to the the city to be lies. In fact, I believe I know why you are both here.

"I believe we can help each other."

[OOC: No revealing seekrits in your responses! You know what I'm talking about!]
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty30.03.13 1:44

The door closed and Morek and the Eventider vanished inside. One could hear that people were talking but it was only mumbled sounds. He didn't know if one of the Eventiders had some kind of superior hearing so he just started talking to them that no one could hear anything from inside the room. He leaned back at the wall and then turned his head towards the two men of the Eventide.

"So it seems we have the same goal in Windholm. And as long as you or your friends of the dawn don't set anything on fire I think we can act together to get him out of town safe."

A big smile appeared on Mattus face while talking, he clearly was trying to make them do something stupid. If they act as crazy as their commander looks it will be a long night.

Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty30.03.13 7:02

Morek took the offered chair, turning it so that when he sat he could see both the old Chamberlain and the Eventide. Pretending to find that his morningstar on his belt was interfering with the position he was sitting in, he simply removed it from his belt and laid it across his knees in a non threatening position. His hand was resting on the grip but not holding it in the tight grip of a man about to show someone what color his brains were. The chair creaked slightly under the weight of a large man wrapped in a protective layer of steel plate and mail.

I'm not often called a liar Chamberlain, the gods usually frown upon such behavior. It wasn't said with malice in his voice, but the usual blithe cheer that was usually present in Morek.

Let us cut to the chase please sir, each one of us finds time a precious commodity that could best used elsewhere in the city. We are here, let us hear what you have to say and decide if what you want will help us or not.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty31.03.13 15:23

Rayvs smirked.

"The crazy Radiant finally has something sane to say."

Turning to the chamberlain, he frowned and said, "I think we both understand what's at risk here. And my reason isn't a lie. I may have other skies I need to get to, but I still need to search.

--------------------------------------

Haroun looked grim.

"I think you'll find us quite different from the fanatics of the dawn, Sir Radiant. I only have the highest respect for your order, so I'll ignore the open bait."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty31.03.13 22:31

Mattus was suprised at the answer, he didn't know much about the Eventide but that member seemed to be reasonable.

"I am sorry if I offended you, I am still quite new to this land and I have only heard rumors about your order. And they don't speak highly of you. As my father always said, you learn something new every day. My name is Mattus Meraxes, I am from Mettenheim." He bowed a little to show his respect. "What might be your name?"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty02.04.13 10:42

Haroun's frown faded from his face as he returned the little bow Mattus had given him.

"My name is Haroun Raharam. It is a pleasure to meet you, Mattus. I haven't traveled much outside of Pendor. What is Mettenhiem like?"
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty02.04.13 16:15

The chamberlain smirked at the evasiveness of the two knights. "Neither of you told the Duchess the complete truth. That is still a lie. Though in your shoes, I would have done the same. There is much danger in the city. Moreso now that all of these knights have come. Present company excluded...I hope. The situation is simple; I know what you seek and I know where to find it as well. You must do me a favor, however...."
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty03.04.13 1:30

Rayvs narrowed his eyes.

"I fear you may not be able to rely on the Radiant, but, for now, our goals align. I will help you so long as you can give me some insurance; what prevents you from simply escaping or simply not upholding your side of the bargain? In games such as these caution benefits the wary; you can never be too wary. We have everything to lose, and time is a precious commodity. The way I see it, if this turns out to be a gamble, I would rather our gamble be as calculated as possible."
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty03.04.13 5:25

Morek shifted on his chair, causing it to creak slightly again as he hooked a thumb over at Rayvs, indicating he wanted some reassurances as well.

What you want is very vague and what you ask could potentially take a very large amount of time. Are we to be your personal hounds in this endeavor? You're offering to help my order gets what it wants from this city, that is true, but at what cost? This could potentially make the situation here worse for you if things turn out poorly. Give us a good enough answer and you'll likely have us both with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm   IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Alleys of Windholm
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: The Fields of Pendor (IC) :: Prologue: "No one..."-
Jump to: