A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread

Go down 
+11
Alexander
Evedas
Kharad Moriendor
Mordred
Klaus Witz
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
William Alatin III
Jing Ming
Arcanum
Isabel Tenorio
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Frederick

Frederick

Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty03.09.13 14:42

<3 Im always surprised when people say they found it funny, lol I guess after you've recorded the audio 20 times the jokes get boring.

Go down into the comments, i was so happy when i got my first butthurt fanboy, he posted 30 paragraphs explaining why I was a fag.

Another thing I should say about rome 2 is that its atrociously optimised. It runs AWFULLY, even on the campaign map. If i select a spy, my FPS drops from 60 to 15. If you have a large army, right clicking and dragging sets the FPS down to single digits. Its not even that better looking or more detailed than Shogun 2, I really don't understand why its running so badly. Oh and loading times are still really slow, but not much different than Shoguns.

The campaign is really different, im still getting used to it, but seems so much more complex and interesting. (Still no way near europa though)
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty03.09.13 14:52

Welcome to a Total War launch. From your comment it's like you've never participated in one before Razz

They're always this way. Buggy sometimes but rarely so broken that you cannot play.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty03.09.13 14:55

I'll never understand how "professional" developers can miss those sorts of details on launch. I mean, sure, it's reasonable to miss bugs (and even bigs ones, depending), but really obvious problems just don't get addressed and it drives me nuts. You have a team of people getting paid to release a marketable product...and it's full of bugs.

Maybe I'm just naive.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty03.09.13 15:38

Why must you people talk about Empire? It was a bad game in all respects.

Napoleon was an exceptional one, however. The only flaw was the lack of faction options without modding. I still play Napoleon from time to time. (And I still love-hate those random general kills via cannons!)
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty03.09.13 16:53

Nice work, especially on the music and sound. It's soooo important we spent absolutely ages on that in PoP. Working on Vinland, half our budget was just for music and sound.
Back to top Go down
Frederick

Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty03.09.13 16:55

Hey Mordred how has that game idea you made a while back gone? The sandbox viking survival game on the americas if my (flawed) memory serves?
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty04.09.13 2:39

DrSane I'm sorry to say I didn't laugh at your video.... because it was too true. I was too depressed/disapointed myself with the errors that you pointed out, I frowned through the jokes, but good job you put to words my disappointments.

On music, it is so true. I started playing Rome and loved it, but life got busy. A year or two later I got back to it, and found it no where near as engaging. Then I released that between initially playing total war Rome and the second time, my speakers broke, and it didn't feel right playing with no sound.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty04.09.13 4:56

DrSane wrote:
Hey Mordred how has that game idea you made a while back gone? The sandbox viking survival game on the americas if my (flawed) memory serves?
Never happened I'm afraid, it was a great concept but just too ambitious for our resources. I'm now working on another game with SD (not Pendor related though).

https://www.facebook.com/Saxondragon
Back to top Go down
Frederick

Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty04.09.13 12:56

Sad sad to hear but oooooooooooo space exploration!
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty04.09.13 14:36

I know someone who will play it!

Arrow  Izzy
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty08.09.13 6:34

Back to top Go down
Frederick

Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty08.09.13 12:41

SABATON! SABATON! SABATON!
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty08.09.13 13:51

Comments such as those make me really miss a "like" button.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty08.09.13 13:56

I hope you're all waiting for the Lion from the North to restore the rights of the aristocracy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH9yjmmAE3k
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty08.09.13 13:58

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
I hope you're all waiting for the Lion from the North Wulfred and Friends to restore the rights of the aristocracy...
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty08.09.13 14:03

Hey, it's not my fault you people didn't kill Wulfred and Friends

Spoiler:

Plus, it's your fault for <redacted until the event is over>
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty09.09.13 21:59

It all makes me sad. I feel betrayed. Sad 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QK-lcW8a8
Back to top Go down
Frederick

Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty09.09.13 22:29

Replace Simba with CA and father with fans

Spoiler:

Im looking at my own wall of text in sadness too.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty09.09.13 23:48

Snowlion brigade..anyone?
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty10.09.13 2:34

Am I the only one getting deja vu with the video William posted particularly 17:15 -17:33....

Someone has a fan Wink (DrSane)

Last edited by Aodh on 10.09.13 2:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty10.09.13 2:36

Lol yeah, I noticed that.
Back to top Go down
Frederick

Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty10.09.13 2:50

Razz
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty10.09.13 2:59

If you're missing a good Rome game...

Try Europa Universalis: Rome! Just be sure to get the expansion. And watch out for those dirty Populists in republics! (And don't trust the Egyptians... a lack of enslavable barbarians makes them much more powerful than they appear!)
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty10.09.13 3:00

But...but... Rome 1.... I loved her. She was my first love. DAMMIT SEGA! Im so sad.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty10.09.13 3:02

Rome 1 introduced me to the glory of the Seleucids, and the joy of sticking with a game when the long decline (squalor!) begins. Another 50-100 years after my failed attempt to invade Italy and defeat Rome really made me fall in love with Total War.

But then I found the demo for Europa Universalis, and hired a bunch of mercenaries as France, steamrolled everyone, and was nearly bankrupt. I loved that more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next