A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Go down 
+7
Jing Ming
Isabel Tenorio
Alexander
Sigwald
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Laisha
Mordred
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Arcanum

Arcanum

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 11:57

So do you guys play this free or go with the paid version? Doesn't look like the paid version is really worth it.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 12:00

Two handed Paladin then most likely, or a Dual Wield or Two Handed Fighter... or if you really want to bring the pain, Barbarian (Two Handed or Dual Wield)

Generally Two Handed = Area of Effect (Sweeps and the like)
Dual Wield = Single Target

@ Arcanum; I got the paid version, but that's because I do have some higher level characters and I wanted some of the more interesting content. Up until level 7-8 you really don't need it though (and even then, I'm just lazy) with the exception of unlocking some races / classes, should they suit your play style.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 12:04

Well its not like I can't buy into the thing if I really like it eh? So now big deal.

Just out of curiosity how much is it for the paid version? I'm looking at the store page and it doesn't list prices.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 12:13

Something like £8 a month I think it was.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 12:14

Monthly - £8.99
12-Months - £79.99
3-Months - £20.97
6-Months - £41.94

OR you can just buy turbine points for micro transactions. Those above subscriptions give you a monthy Turbine point allowance for smaller purchases, and lumps in some other things like shared banks, guild creation, 10 character slots, unlocks all races, all adventures, etc.

Microtransactions basically let you pick and choose what you want. Fancy the Favoured Soul class? You can just buy that for instance.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 12:19

Sounds like a good system. I wish TOR had that. Though they took baby steps with the Cartel Market I guess :/
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 12:25

I like it - its the one and only free to play game I've actually invested money in. I guess that is about as high praise as I can give, heh.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 12:29

Ok, one last question and this will stop being the "Arcanum Q and A thread":

I'm downloading it and its 9k mgbs but it says the game is ready to go, is that a glitch for the .exe?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 12:39

I would think so, if memory serves it should be about 7 gig (I got it through Steam).

... although that might be just the launcher. Could be that the launcher then downloads the game. What happens when you run it?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 12:50

Haven't ran it yet. I was waiting for the thing to download completely just to be safe.

The launcher was only about 3 megs, so I'm pretty sure it's the full game.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 13:34

Okay, I finally got the game working and a character made to my liking: Kytienne Syret. Decided to go the Paladin route.

I honestly could not believe that the names I normally choose were all used up. Particularly one....
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 14:07

Awesome, have added you as a friend.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 16:31

We ought to try and get everyone together tomorrow evening, I hope to be around from 10-10:30 GMT till late.

So far I have done all the quests in Korthos Village (Normal-Elite), and Normal for the ones on Korthos Island. The Island Hard / Elite are probably better done as a party, so I saved those.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 18:34

Ok, so I now have a wizard named Daenyathos Katafalque on the Khyber world. It said challenging to do stuff solo, so I might reroll if its a bit overwhelming >_>
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 21:21

Mordred wrote:
We ought to try and get everyone together tomorrow evening, I hope to be around from 10-10:30 GMT till late.

So far I have done all the quests in Korthos Village (Normal-Elite), and Normal for the ones on Korthos Island. The Island Hard / Elite are probably better done as a party, so I saved those.

I've completed almost all quests on Korthos Village/Island, although I would've been happy to join if I could. Tomorrow evening isn't for me.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty12.03.13 21:26

I've managed to bumble my way through the town quests and started the ones out in the island now. Don't know how much use a level 2 rank 1 wizard would help though :/
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty13.03.13 2:21

I should be on all weekend too, so we will be able to hook up then. I don't mind re-doing quests to help people along.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty13.03.13 4:28

Wait, Arcanum, are you a Barbarian / Paladin / Wizard?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty13.03.13 8:58

Wizard. Haven't found any healing or buff spells though.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty13.03.13 9:06

I guess i am not gonna spend much time in game after all, i am getting bored of games way to quickly(which is in fact a good thing considering how much time i spent on them before Razz)
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty13.03.13 10:25

Arcanum wrote:
Wizard. Haven't found any healing or buff spells though.

Strange, the only character called Daenyathos was a lvl 2 Wizard, lvl 1 Barbarian, lvl 1 Paladin.

As to heals, as far as I am aware Wizards don't get any so you have to rely on the Clerics / Favoured Souls or Bards. Should have some buffs though.

@ Zekic, I've not seen you online at all Sad It's weird though, your character doesn't show any classes.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty13.03.13 10:27

Yeah, that wizard is me I'd bet
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty13.03.13 12:16

Hm...did you friend me? I saw no evidence of this when I logged on earlier.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty13.03.13 12:52

Yup, I did. Try friending me, I suspect its a little borked. Otherwise ill set a guild up and "friend" everyone by inviting them in.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty13.03.13 13:37

I wasn't able to contain my desire to join so here I am.

Level 2 Human Barbarian. ACC-name is Psychozoa and Char-name is Gri(e)gor (I really forgot if it is with "e" or without....)

ceeyaa =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons Online
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: