A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Go down 
+7
Jing Ming
Isabel Tenorio
Alexander
Sigwald
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Laisha
Mordred
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty
PostSubject: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 5:11

EDIT
Current players from Pendor;

Mordred
Mordredi (Favoured Soul)
Valdemarr (Artificer)
Isenheim (Favoured Soul)
Mordrehd (Paladin)
Slyvi (Rogue)

Aelos
Numrof (Ranger)
Beregruin (Paladin)

Zekic
Zekic (Ranger / Rogue?)

Laisha
Kytienne (Paladin)

Arcanum
Daenyathos (Wizard)

Psychozoa
Griegod (Barbarian)

Pravenstern
Amokin (Paladin)

I am thinking of starting a guild for easier access and communications. Should we do this? If so, what shall we call it?

--

I've been thinking of getting back into a game I played a couple of years back, Dungeons and Dragons Online. Are any of you interested in joining in? Would be cool if we could get a group of Divided Kingdom players together.

It's free to play, though there are micro transactions to unlocks some missions and classes / races. There are a good amount of base classes and races to choose from though, and more than enough stuff to do at the start without paying a penny.

You can find out more here; http://www.ddo.com/
Or here; http://ddowiki.com/
Or here; http://store.steampowered.com/app/206480/?snr=1_7_15__13

I do already have a Favoured Soul I might try and bring back, but if you guys join in I'll roll up something to quest with the group. Not yet decided what, I am very flexible when it comes to characters!

Last edited by Mordred on 19.03.13 8:57; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 6:41

...You have my attention.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 6:47

Hmm i may jump in, have way to much of free time lately. Tough my patience for video games(except for few) have been rather small for past few months, but well who knows this thing may just get me hooked in.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 6:54

I'm downloading it at the moment. Still trying to think of what class to play as, I usually like magic users so I might just roll another Favoured Soul (because I loved them), or maybe a Sorcerer or Artificer.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 6:59

I'll be signing up in a second Razz
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 7:04

Awesome, it'll be far cooler being able to adventure with a group I know rather than a bunch of strangers Smile

EDIT : What classes will you guys be playing?

Last edited by Mordred on 10.03.13 7:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 7:05

I would go with Rogue/Ranger.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 7:07

Rogues are good, traps are particularly well implemented in this game. Also I had a crossbow rogue who was absolutely killer on the dealing damage front. Repeating Crossbow, Backstab and Magical Bolts = PAIN.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 7:09

Mordred wrote:
Awesome, it'll be far cooler being able to adventure with a group I know rather than a bunch of strangers Smile

I played this years ago with some friend, but it was with our own rules and extremely relaxed rulings. So I know I'll like it, but my experience in the game might lack at first.

And a Dwarf is the most awesome race Razz (so class will be a fighter)
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 7:13

My only experience in Dungeons and dragons was Neverwinter nights 2(Which i rage quited when my Rogue was left alone for a brief time, and i found out that i couldn't kill some ghosts in storyline , and even with immortality cheat it took me 20 minutes to kill one) is DDO similar in any way to Neverwinter nights 2?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 7:16

You can look through this to see character options;

http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOCharGen.html
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 7:45

While I love me some DnD tabletop, I couldn't get too into DnDO.

I just hate MMO mechanics, I can't get into them.

I'll probably have to sit this one out.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 7:51

Sad

I found the key was to play this game like a multiplayer game with MMO components (ie the auction house). You just need to find a good group of players to work with.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 14:21

What we *Should* do is figure out how to work one of those online tabletop simulators and have ourselves a real game.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 14:43

Ok, found my old server and still had some stuff going, woohoo!

Still, i've made a new dude; MordredI Adalhard on the Khyber server.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 16:36

Alexander wrote:
What we *Should* do is figure out how to work one of those online tabletop simulators and have ourselves a real game.

I kinda feel like seconding this, though I'm always rather passive in proper sessions. I like watching and observing....
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 17:17

Vassal is.... a program that works for boardgames? >.>

I just got talked into trying Vanguard as it is by SoE and supposedly plays like Star Wars Galaxies (with dragons rather than 30 starships...) so I'll have to see how that goes before I can commit to my usual 2 weeks of other MMOs!
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty10.03.13 22:43

I just installed it and created a Dwarf ranger in a random server.

ah well, i'll try it out on your server and see if I like it.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty11.03.13 1:36

Quote :

As far as I know Vassal is the best one around. It's lite, simple, and we can create closed groups - apparently it was created by experienced board game players. I think it's so that you could even run it on a cell phone.

I'd very much like to play with you, but my unstable internet makes me an annoying player, with frequent disappearances due to crashes and weak signal. This is also the reason why I can't play D&D online, Mordred.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty11.03.13 1:49

Aelos wrote:
I just installed it and created a Dwarf ranger in a random server.

ah well, i'll try it out on your server and see if I like it.

Cool, whats the character name on Khyber?

@ Jing Ming; D'oh, that's too bad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty11.03.13 2:18

Mordred wrote:
Cool, whats the character name on Khyber?

Numrof Sangendal.

Also, Vassal has my interest.. but I can't play both at the same time :p
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty11.03.13 2:53

Awesome, I will try to get on around 10PM GMT tonight. I've gone for an offensive Favoured Soul caster, so I can blast and heal where needed Smile
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty11.03.13 3:21

I am on khyber too, just started Rogue assassin. Name is Zekic Thunion
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty11.03.13 3:54

Excellent, ill friend you both later so hopefully we can group up sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty11.03.13 3:56

Mordred wrote:
Excellent, ill friend you both later so hopefully we can group up sometime.

It feels like World of Warcraft without the necessary humor. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons Online
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: