A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Bridges

Go down 
+6
Aodh
Arcanum
Methodius Marci
Kharad Moriendor
Ser Varys
Laisha
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty19.02.14 5:20

The man regarded Morek from afar for a moment, then nodded to his lieutenant. The other man ran off for their camp. "You are correct. I shall entertain you and summon one of our commanders. You'll have to wait, of course. Don't let the heat defeat you."

[OOC: Short break before the commander arrives, so do "the stuff" in the meantime.]
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty19.02.14 10:34

Morek sat back in his saddle, somewhat pleased tat progress had at long last been made.

"It takes more than the weather to defeat a Knight of the Radiant Cross."

His next words were for Natir, keeping his voice low.

"I know these are Jatu and you are the Clarion but do you think you can keep your peace?"
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty19.02.14 14:19

Methodius kept looking ahead as he heard the bickering behind him and opened his mouth

"looks like you have things in hand Ser Morek, i would just appreciate it if you stop making it sound like were all Ethos' lackeys, and don't mind me if i interject once in a while"

He then smiled as he continued

"I'm also pleasantly surprised, despite that negative attitude at our first meeting, you are much braver than i thought. You have earned my respect"
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty19.02.14 18:45

Natir seemed pleased with the progress

"I share the same opinion of them as the rest of my order, but I do not share the same rage against them as some of my order do. You need not worry about my temper."

Natir turned and listened to Methodius as came forward.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty19.02.14 20:00

Natir received a simple nod of understanding in return. Morek assumed the Clarion Captain's restraint would extend to his men. The man seemed the sort to have a firm handle on his troops. The full faced helm turned towards Methodius afterwards, giving him a slight nod as well.

"I made no claims of you and your men Gauntlet, only myself. I doubt that I could stop you from speaking up either, nor do I have a desire to."

He didn't respond to the second sentence, it seemed like a backhanded compliment. He crossed his hands over his saddle horn and waited, his courser pawing at the ground beneath him as time stretched out.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty20.02.14 1:49

Sigwald tried to spit, but found his mouth too dry to produce enough saliva. Restless as he was he divided his time between glancing angrily at the Griffon Gilaver and following the movements of the Jatu that had just left for another camp.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty22.02.14 3:01

An interminable amount of time passed as the knights waited. The guards at the bridge continued to watch closely, seemingly unaffected by the heat in their loose clothing. While they may have been no challenge for the warriors in direct combat, with heat as the enemy, they were clearly the victor. Exhaustion was beginning to set in for the knights when something finally happened.

From across the far bridge, a large party could be seen riding across. Forty men? Fifty? It was hard to tell. However, their importance was clearly great, as indicated by the banners hanging limply in the hands of standard bearers. In their center rode a man clad in the garb of the Jatu. His face was hidden by the hood of a desert cloak as he approached.

"Speak," he said when his party was finally close enough. He dropped his hood, revealing an aged, weathered face and hair more salt than pepper. "What is your business in these lands?"
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty23.02.14 4:42

Sweat fell from the points of Sigwalds bushy beard. But despite the sunburn and the general dislike of the region, he felt good about himself for being the only one of the knightly Orders to bring a banner with him.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty23.02.14 12:24

WHile he had waited for the man, Morek had come to the conclusion that he was glad he had procured his sand cloak, the heat might have cooked him inside his blackened armor otherwise. At least is helmet was shady. But now wasn't the time for more idle thoughts. He nudged his courser forwards to meet the man.

"I am here at the behest of my Order to discover why an army spilled from the deep desert. I requested a meeting with a commander who had the authority to grant us a meeting with the leader of the army. Can you provide that?"

Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty23.02.14 15:31

Methodius scratched his head only to find his helm as the sweat dropped to his chin. It seems Morek was only going to represent himself when talking, which made the whole the point of forming a coalition to have more weight to our words absolutely pointless.

Slightly irritated, Methodius decided to continue after Morek ended his sentence

"We are a coalition that represents the knighthood orders of pendor, our orders have noticed the horde emerging in the south, and so we have come here to "negotiate" before things get out of control. Does that satisfy your question?"

Negotiations are all about give and take... Methodius thought to himself. We will have to play his game before we get anything useful from him.

Last edited by Methodius Marci on 23.02.14 16:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty23.02.14 15:46

Natir had been waiting patiently, he was far more comfortable than the other knight within his light leather armor. When the older man approached and took off his hood, Natir nodded his head as if he had a suspicion that had just been confirmed. He leaned in a little closer to the Radiant Cross. "I think you will find that this man is the commander of this horde."
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty23.02.14 20:43

Morek glanced Natirs way and asked quietly under his breath.

"And what makes you say that? Was the Gauntlet wrong in saying a woman led this force? Or do you know something I do not."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty24.02.14 1:42

Natir thought for a moment. "This is worrying then, for that is Jukar, one of the most respected Jatu war-chiefs. If someone has subjected him than we are dealing with a very worthy opponent. Another thing you should take to mind is that Jukar would not like dealing with a member of the Clarrion Call, but we shall see how this plays out."

Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty25.02.14 4:16

Jukar mulled the knights' words. "Your reasoning is valid," he said, in even, if not slightly curious, tones. "However, what reason would we have to speak with you? Is not the very fact that you approach us indication of your weakness?"
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty25.02.14 11:55

Not sure if it was because of the heat or the Jatus taunt, but Methodius roared out an answer

" We are the knights of Pendor! the epitome of strength on the battlefield. We fear nothing!... but we are not stupid, if bloodshed can be avoided, then it is our duty to try."

After calming himself a bit, Methodius continued

"We answered your question, i would ask that you do the same in return, what are the Jatu hoping to do by joining this "Horde"?"
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty25.02.14 13:03

The sound of what seemed like an exasperated sigh greeted Methodius's outburst. Or maybe it was just a desert breeze.

"I would have been surprised had the Jatu not been here. They go where there is glory and honor to be won. A concept I understand."

Morek's helmet squared off with the wizened tribesman.

"Though you'd do well to treat with us now. Your horde has become a curiosity to the lands up North."

He held up his hand to forestall a response.

"But that will soon change if past experience is any indication and it will likely be seen as another threat to be fought. We are here to see that only the necessary fighting takes place. These sands have seen much blood. More than their share I would imagine. It would be good to ensure that they do not drown in it."
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty03.03.14 18:07

Jukar was silent for what seemed an eternity, though it was only a minute. "Your words...are truthful," he said at length. "Very well, I shall hear what you have to say. You may bring a small group with you, say half a dozen or so. We can speak in the tents over here."

With those words, he turned and walked his horse back to the river camp.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty04.03.14 10:55

It seemed that things were going well after all. Morek lowered himself off of his horse while one of his Conquistadors spurred his mount forwards to hold the reins. The Radiant Knight himself, appearing more at ease now that he was back on his own two feet, was marching towards the indicated tent with little preamble. It was apparent that he was one of the half dozen.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty04.03.14 14:01

Natir soon followed after the Radiant Cross.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty04.03.14 17:38

There went their escape plan, but the opportunity was too good to lose.
Methodius followed and waved for sigwald, William and Gilaver to come as well if they wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty05.03.14 0:53

Sigwald planted the Dragon banner in the ground and followed suit with Thane Alatin.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty06.03.14 2:04

Seemingly out of nowhere, Rivatha appeared besides Methodius, before he made his way to the tent.

"What is happening here?"
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty06.03.14 2:54

Startled by the sudden appearance of a stranger, Methodius had his hand on the hilt of his sword only to see a familiar face.

"Woah... who the... is that you Rivatha?... or is the Heat playing with my mind?"
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty06.03.14 7:06

Rivatha removed her hood, and answered.
"Yes."

"Desert made you dumber or what, that you can't recognize your own?" Commented Gaspar, who rushed just behind Rivatha.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty06.03.14 17:58

"well, that definitely sounds like Gaspar. You never contacted me again ever since the first time i got here so i'm rather surprised to see you."

Methodius then relaxed his attitude

"As for what's happening, i have allied myself with the other Knighthood orders that were in the city to give ourselves a fighting chance against the horde. Right now we are about to negotiate with one of their leaders in that tent. What about you? why are you sneaking about in the Hordes camp?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Bridges   IC Scene - The Bridges - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Bridges
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next