A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - Residential Area

Go down 
+3
Arcanum
Psychozoa
Laisha
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aodh

Aodh

IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty15.12.13 22:12

Natir took a moment. He was obviously thinking hard over something. Till he finally spoke up. "How do I know your actually in my order. You've done nothing, but insult the Clarrion Call, and antagonize the Radiant Cross, and I've never heard of you and neither has my men."
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty15.12.13 22:20

" The Radiant is a disgrace to Knights everywhere he treats being a Knight like a part time job that he can start and stop whenever he feels like it.

But the quiver on my back was Martrels he gave it to me so I'd be able to identify myself to other Clarion if the need arose before I'm well known enough not to need it. "
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty17.12.13 2:04

Natir paused for a moment, thinking to himself as he stroked his chin. He still had his doubts about this new comer.
"Your quiver proves nothing, I have not seen Sir Martrels for a few weeks, and so you might of taking it off his corpse for all I know, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume that Sir Martrel did accept you into the Order. But even if he did, you would only be a recruit, and therefore you would be under my command in this situation. Understood? Now why in the name of Astraea are you pretending not to be part of the order? Did you receive orders from Sir Martrel that I need to hear?"
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty17.12.13 5:46

" Nothing overly important, but he did suggest it would be valuable if I was an unknown factor for the time being since they are less likely to be careful of a knight without an Order backing him.

A point yourself and the Cross have proven very nicely. "
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty17.12.13 22:27

Mattus left the group of Radiants and Knights of Clarion Call right after the men went to work at the base of operation. His search for Tribes or even the Army prooved fruitless at first but at least he got more information on their whereabouts. Each night he sat together with this men and the rest of the Radiant Knights to discuss what should be done the next day.
On the morning of the the third day, just after the Sun rose over the horizon his Veccavian Knights split up in 5 groups. Quickly they vanished in the alleys of the residential area. Mattus and the rest of his men waited at the small campfire for Morek and Edison.

[OOC: Sorry for not posting much, I am back =)]

Back to top Go down
Lady Rose
Banned
Lady Rose

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty18.12.13 12:05

Lady Rose entered into the residential district walking slowly with her men following loosely behind her taking in what remained of the once great city.

As she walked she noticed residents still hanging around in small groups and even the odd roaming knight but it wasn't until she reached near the center of the district that she noted anything of interest first noticing a large group of Clarion warriors before her eyes were drawn to a lone knight with a beautiful bow strapped across his back.

As that detail sank into her mind Lady Rose forgot her station and dignity as knight running full tilt at the Knight her long red hair flying behind her tangled in the breeze and crashed into his back hard wrapping her arms around him and refusing to let go as she sobbed onto his armor with any sense of her dignity as a Knight completely shattered at seeing her former lover again.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty19.12.13 3:19

Harveys hand went for his bow grasping it before he caught a glimpse of his assailants bright red hair fluttering in the breeze and froze for an instant before letting his arms drop again.

" Hello Rosie, is this really the most appropriate time for this? Your a Knight now your not a little girl anymore. "

Looking up at Natir expecting him to be shocked at the appearance of the tiny Gauntlet Knight and her enormous sword Harvey shrugs.

" I guess I'll have to tell you the rest now if you want to know. "
Back to top Go down
Lady Rose
Banned
Lady Rose

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty19.12.13 3:50

" I don't care about that silly, have you ever seen me not do something because it'd be inappropriate? "

Lady rose peers out from beneath Harveys arm and smiles at the gathered Clarions Call.

" Hello Sir Clarion person. Don't mind me I haven't seen my lover for 6 months now."

Quickly winking at him she then steps back just out of Harvey reach.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty19.12.13 4:08

Sighing in exasperation Harvey rolls his eyes at Natir before turning and leaning forward to kiss Rosie on top of her head.

" I missed you little Rosie. "

Then flicking her forehead.

" Now behave yourself. "
Back to top Go down
Lady Rose
Banned
Lady Rose

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty19.12.13 7:37

Lady Rose smiles and motions absently towards the shocked looking soldiers behind her.

" My men, they get a little jealous when other men are around me. For some reason they went so far as to put roses on there chest plates. "

Lady Rose winks at Harvey as she says it smiling to herself.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty19.12.13 19:23

Harvey smiled politely at the men behind her before turning away.

" I'm going to the Slums, I need to find out whats going on and continue trying to convince these people to accept a better life. I want to send them all off to your dad both because it's good for him and because it's good for them.

Join me if you like Rosie. "
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty19.12.13 20:46

Natir stood a little stunned at the audacity of the red haired woman. After a moment he was just about to excuse himself, but then decided not to even bother with that formality, and just rolled his eyes and walked off, while grumbling to himself, inflamed by the rude couple.

He went to find his Sir Morek. When he found him, he walked up quietly and said
" Did you want to coordinate our scouting parties. "

Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty22.12.13 9:12

Natir had found Morek in a small, almost unnoticed room far back inside what was rapidly becoming a Radiant Cross stronghold. There were crude scrawls on the walls, likely made by the piece of charcoal sitting on the table in front of them, that would have reminded Natir of the depictions of the Pendorian gods that had far better depictions in the true Temples. Apparently the Radiant Cross had decided to create a crude but workable shrine. It seemed that he probably thought they were going to be there for awhile.

Morek's back was to Natir, for once his helmet off for once and sitting on the afore mentioned table. His hands were raised slightly in supplication to the dieties represented by the charcoal drawings. His hair was bound into dozens of small braids, each bound at the end with a small band of bronze colored metal. The mass of braids were then drawn back into a thick tail behind his head. How Morel managed to fit it into his helmet was a mystery.

For a moment Natir's question went unanswered before Morek let his hands drop and responded.

"Of course. Your outriders need a place to rest and regroup while my infantry hardly make excellent couts."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty22.12.13 22:57

"Okay, so me and my men will tell you everything we find in return you will allow us to camp next your every growing fort, will your own horsemen be joining us or do you have another use for them?"
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty23.12.13 16:45

2 mornings later Harvey walked into the Clarion camp with his companions 2 of whom had bandages tied around arms and bloodstains down the front of there armor, looking around briefly Harvey spotted Natir and approached him dropping a Jatu helmet in front of him with a tired yawn.

" You can scratch 50 from the enemies estimated number, they're in the alleys in the slums and won't be taking part in the fighting. Didn't manage to get any alive sadly but it'll make them more cautious about spying on us from now on.

I better report this to the Radiant lot they'll need to know that the enemy has been spying on us and they like you a lot more then me, I need to get a couple of my students looked at as well those Jatu didn't retreat without a fight.

Rosie will probably show up soon as well a couple of her men got a bit battered in the fighting as well but 50 kills for 0 losses is a good exchange in my books."
Back to top Go down
Lady Rose
Banned
Lady Rose

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty23.12.13 16:52

At about the same time Lady Rose and her party walked into the Radiant camp and stopped in front of the first knight they came across.

" I'm Sir Rose, Ebony Gauntlet. I need to speak with whichever Knight is in command here and if you don't mind a couple of my men need looking at they took more then a few hits last night, the armor did it's job but they're moving a little slower then they normally do. "
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty24.12.13 8:42

The man that Rose had chosen to talk to had been fortunate, as it was Morek. He had been instructing the lead Plaguewarden about what to do with the issue of running out of supplies soon.

"I don't care what they say, you don't use more supplies unless their condition is absolutley lifethreatening. I'll not have us waste what we have left on every man who caught the pox between his legs from some cheap whore in a hole in the ground brothel. Clean the wounds with hot clean water and bind them with bandages that they must provide themselves. And don't look so damn grim while you do it Warden."

After his instructions were given, the large knight turned his helmeted face towards Rose. He found himself looking down at her, such was the height difference.

"You have my attention. I am Morek Valren, leader of this detachment of the Radiant Cross. I can only offer that your men be looked at, as treatment might not be possible."
Back to top Go down
Lady Rose
Banned
Lady Rose

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty24.12.13 10:41

" Thank you, I thought you should know spies have been entering the city every night so anything you've done since arriving here is likely known to the enemy until yesterday night.

Over the last 2 nights I and my companion have with our respective forces killed or driven back every one of them. "
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty24.12.13 10:46

"Do not take offense, but any spy that gets run to ground by a pack of heavily armored gauntlets is a poor spy. Regardless, thank you for the information. I would have expected the horde to take notice of us eventually, a force of Knights from any order does not make for something you are not careful about."

Morek shrugged.

"let me see your men."
Back to top Go down
Lady Rose
Banned
Lady Rose

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty24.12.13 21:12

Lady Rose motioned towards a pair of her men and smiled.

" Who ran them to ground? They came into the town to spy on us and the first knight were surrounded and filled with arrows and bolts before we hacked the rest of them to pieces in the dark. We hit them so hard they never had a chance to run.

The second night they sent mounted jatu to investigate and we ambushed them in the streets where they couldn't maneuver to fight us but they were far better armed. Still we took out at least 20 of the 30 of them and most of those that escaped had bolts and arrows sticking out of them so I doubt more then 1-2 survived.

We can't run people down but we can ambush them and cut them down perfectly fine as they've discovered.
We're going to continue ambushing anybody they send this way for the time being if you or your friends would like to join us.
Every one we kill now is one we don't need to fight later.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty25.12.13 15:09

"Ideally we will not have to fight anyone. Still; an impressive kill ratio if you are not exaggerating."

Morek held up a piece of parchment, the message from Methodius had arrived shortly before Rose.

"And it seems that you aren't the only Gauntlets that have arrived in these lands either. Someone called Methodius sent this to me."

He looked up towards the area Natir had frequented the last few days.

"CLARION. You should see this."
Back to top Go down
Lady Rose
Banned
Lady Rose

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty25.12.13 23:25

" He's one of my superiors, though our ranks are equal he has seniority over me as I've only been a knight for 6 months. Still these idiots behind me seem to have decided I'm worth following at least.

Go into the slums to check if you like you'll find plenty of bodies, sending light infantry and cavalry into an enclosed space with my men around wasn't the best plan. No room to escape we start swinging. Still on more open ground we'd likely have come off worse."

(( Thanks Harvey. ))
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty27.12.13 5:37

Natir was tying his horse, after coming back from a scouting trip. He turned to the Harvey as he approached. He gave the reigns to Vanha, and gave the ranger his full attention when the Jatu helmet was placed in front of him.

"Good work, ranger, though I would prefer to know next time you hatch such a plan to ambush if at all possible. Anyway it appears you have proven our Grandmaster's suspicions, this horde contains a Jatu detatchment." Natir paused lost in thought, contemplating the reasons behind such an occurrence. He snapped himself out of it eventually and continued.

"... and about this Lady Rose. Though I do encourage inter-order interactions, she does bring up a lot of questions." Natir caught the call of Sir Morek from inside the hospital tent.   "but  we can talk about that later, I am apparently needed. Rest well you've earned it, and make sure your men are treating to." Patting Harvey on the shoulder, Natir walked past him and towards the hospital tent. Bending his head as he walked in he turned the Radiant Cross knight. "What is it?"

[Edited: removed inaccurate information]

Last edited by Aodh on 27.12.13 15:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty27.12.13 10:12

Morek held out the letter from Methodius to Natir.

"There are more gauntlets in the city besides this one." He waved a hand at Rose in passing to reference who he was speaking of.

"I'd be willing to stake that there are more orders besides ours and the gauntlets present. The Eventide for sure, but likely the Griffons as well. At least."
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty27.12.13 11:08

Harvey follows Natir along motioning absently for his companions to get themselves treated and get some rest.

Following behind Natir he walks up to Rosie yawning tiredly and slips an arm around her waist while leaning down to kiss the top of her head affectionately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   IC Scene - Residential Area - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - Residential Area
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next