A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah

Go down 
+8
Pravenstern
Klaus Witz
Sigwald
Sir Lucius
William Alatin III
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Methodius Marci
Laisha
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aodh

Aodh

IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty01.01.14 4:08

Natir watched the events pass for the side of the opening. He had decided to see the reactions of the other orders before speaking himself. He kept his words to a minimal and merely step forward, spoke directly to Methodius.

"You have the bows of the Clarion Call." After speaking he turned and listened to the Radiant Cross and Griffon, who were arguing over how to negotiate with the horde.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty01.01.14 8:24

Klaus weathered the dramatic storm with stoic impassivity, his flourishing mustache barely twitching was the only hint of his emotion as the axe landed in the sand.

Before he had a chance to respond, Gilaver stepped in trying to diplomatically resolve the tension. Klaus simply stood, his eyes locked on the dragon a slight frown emerging as the man turned and swept away with his men.

As the dragons faded from view, his shoulders visibly relaxed and he turned once more to the rest of the group.

"Now that the traitors leave, we can properly make deal with horde. Herr radiant, your idea is good. We send the horde to Amala where they make fight for, instead of against, us."

He paused, and thumbed his growing facial hair while in thought.

"We need to make persuade them that this is best option. We must make think; what do they gain by leave? And what do they risk if they stay? Maybe we must make them fear stay, while make leave appear easy?"

Again he halted, and tapped his mouth while his mind worked through the options. Eventually he shrugged and looked to the others for more ideas.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty01.01.14 12:17

Methodius stood there silently, it wasn't his place to talk. As long as fists didn't fly, he decided to wait for the argument to simmer down. He nodded to everyone who Joined the Coalition

Just as the Dragons left, and Klaus continued the discussion on the Horde. Methodius interjected.

"Sorry for change the subject Klaus, but i believe the dragons are essential for this plan, tho i understand your concerns. I will go talk to them after this summit is over, and they will hopefully join the fight under your conditions, besides, i don't think they would want to fight next to you either after this last argument. Moreover, if it makes you feel any better, Sigwald, the one you were arguing with, is one of the most noble men I've met, he wanted to give a chance to enemies that ambushed us... and always sprung out of nowhere to defend the rights of those weaker than him. I say this for you to remember the next time you meet him, may it be in this event or another occasion."

Satisfied with his defense of the Dragons, Methodius returned to the point of discussion.
"Now, for this negotiation, i'm happy to support any idea, but the Radiant Cross suggestion has a few holes. If we are to relocate this army to Amala, where are we going to find the ships to bring thousands there? if we do somehow find these ships, who is going to pay for this? it sounds like an absurdly expensive way to deal with this problem. My order suggests sending them to places they can get to on their own horses, such as the Noldor realm... they are a threat to Pendor... it would be two birds with one stone"

"I would also like to share my findings concerning the horde. The Horde is made of nomad tribes including the D'shar and Jatu. Their leader appears to be a woman... who interestingly, leads them with an iron fist. As i have said earlier, i have been told that if we take her out, there is a good chance that the horde will fall apart. Moreover, the people of Torbah resent the crown... and seem to support the horde. Maybe, just maybe, this hordes target is Sarleon..."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty02.01.14 3:58

William sat back saying nothing, he knew that if he opened his mouth he could not control the words that would fly at the kings curs. He raised an eyebrow at Sigwalds words, surprised at the Gusto the knight possessed. He also nodded respectfully at Methodius's kind words. However his mouth remained shut.

If the Gauntlet wanted his help fine, but anything to do with the Griffons.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty02.01.14 18:37

Morek was rolling his eyes under his helmet at Methodius's last sentence.

"Enough fear mongering Gauntlet. Sending a horde like this against the Noldor is foolhardy. They have a chance of actually succeeding if their numbers are so great and would you enjoy facing an army equipped with Noldor weapons and armor? The Noldor keep to their forest like they always have. The Snake Cult will not and is not staying only in Amala."

He waved his hand in a dismissive gesture.

"Besides, they are just as much of a threat to Ethos and Janos as they are to Sarleon."

His helmet tilted forwards slightly, making it seem like his gaze was now directed towards the man instead of elsewhere.

"The Council of Ethos will pay for and provide the ships. They want this threat to them gone and they have more than enough resources to do it. There is your answer to your problems with my idea."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty02.01.14 18:52

Natir calming added his thoughts to the conversation politely.

"I see your point, Sir Morek, but their is still the issue of getting to horde to want to go fight the Snake Cult. They won't want to take a month long voyage over the sea to pillage lands, if they think they could just stay and pillage Pendor for a similar kind of profit. I would suggest we bribed them to leave, but I don't think any of us here has the access to funds large enough to persuade them to leave."

OOC: (300 post mark YAY!.... yes I had to do it on this post)
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty02.01.14 22:11

Morek nodded to Naitr. It was a valid point.

"If the horde is led by a strong leader then make the leader want to go to Amala and it will be done. If she proves difficult... then a new leader is going to be needed."

He shrugged.

"Though that will be difficult. I'd rather not force a change of leadership whilst in the midst of an angry army. But one way or another the head of the horde will have to be dealt with. I suggest we start by finding her first."
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty02.01.14 23:18

"My men have found the camp of the horde south of the river near the edge of the desert, however we were unable to distinguish the location of the leader." Natir turned to the other orders. "Has any of your scouting attempts proven more successful?"
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty03.01.14 11:06

Methodius smirked at Moreks remark
" No need to get riled up, it was only a suggestion. If Ethos will provide the ships then i don't see a problem with sending them to Amala."

"as for information on locations, i have only found out where their main encampment is, it checks out with your findings, Clarion Call."

[OCC: location 7 on the map]

He turned back to Morek
"Changing the leader is good and all, but as i have mentioned earlier, this leader seems to be the glue that holds all these tribes together. Taking her out alone could make every tribe go back to their business. Finding somebody as charismatic might not be an option."

"Ultimately, we have to remember that the only bargaining chip we have right now is our collective might, which still puts us at a disadvantage in an all out war. This lessens our chances in a negotiation, let alone making them board ships to Amala. I don't think swapping their leader would change this issue."

"Unless of course, you mean that we find one of the larger tribes leader and promise him something in exchange for a mutiny against the larger horde... not a very "Knightly" thing to do but promising none the less"
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty03.01.14 11:42

Klaus was obviously still deep in thought, but as Methodicus finished speaking he looked up.

"Actually, I think we make better chip than you expect. While you search for enemy horde, I map out city to find make defense. If we work together, I think it can be defended - at least until reinforcement arrive." He tugged at his mustache before continuing.

"My plan was to make fight and reduce their number for when reinforcement arrive. Now instead we should make provoke them to attack where we are strong. Make blood their nose, then force them to negotiating table. This way we look much strong." He then looked around at those gathered, pointedly ignoring the remaining dragons.

"After fight, we make talk with them. Make say 'we admire your strength! You fight good! Why not show strength in Amala against real enemy? Enemy worthy of mighty horde?'"

Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty03.01.14 15:24

"I agree that we might be able to take them in the city, but the problem with that is that we are much weaker than them in the open, and they probably know that, they could just ignore us and move on to their destination. We need something to lure them into a fight in the city if we intend to fight them, considering their location is past the bridge it would be quite far as well... wait... what if we fight on the bridge? i remember seeing a bridge on the region map, the river would render their horses useless, the only issue would be if they have a lot of archers. It would be much closer to their encampment, thus easier to lure them. What do you think? fighting in the city is still the superior idea but if we find no way to lure them then perhaps we fight at the bridge? it would make for a good negotiation spot as well"
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty03.01.14 16:56

Morek shifted a bit, the idea of fighting the horde at all was not one he was inclined to enjoy thinking about. But choosing the ground beforehand was an intelligent strategy.

"If the river even exists. This is a desert now. for all we know its a dried up river bed the horsemen of the hoprde could cross as easily as open steppes."
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty03.01.14 17:28

Klaus listened quietly, nodding in agreement with a frown of concentration as the bridge was mentioned. Picking his words carefully, he was too slow to answer before the radiant got his part in.

Inclining his head finally at both as the idea formed, he began to speak slowly, as though still going through the details in his mind.

"Ja, of course this bridge must make investigated, but this give me idea for lure. It can be done without river, but would be best with. We can make them not just angry, but sting pride too. What would they make hate most?"

He smiled at the question, answering it immediately with a sadistic grin.

"We bring the duke of Torbah back, and reimpose central authority. Imagine the duke and his guard arrive, then their first move is to establish a toll crossing at the bridge. Their first contact the the nomads? To demand money..."

Klaus looked around the gathered men, flashing them all a cheeky grin, his eyes resting momentarily on the dragons before halting on Methodicus.

"We create a fake duke, give him a bodyguard and then they demand payment from d'shar. They refuse, they get insulted, they attack. We have better men, we make crush. Leave some enemy alive to escape and telling of bad new duke. Next day, they return with more men, they attack bridge. This time we withdraw, make pretend retreat... Only this lead to city and ambush. We destroy them again. Now we send messenger and talk. Make ruse clear to them, show off tactical genius. Prove ability to fight. Then we say we are impressed by their fight skill. Very brave. Too much for us, they must face more worthy enemy; one that not rely on nasty trick. They must make fight the snake cult!"
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty04.01.14 21:09

"I understand your sentiment to try to defeat the horde, but I don't think we have the man power to do so, with the people we have here. We have maybe 150 men here, maybe a bit more, but my scouts have reported that the horde numbers over 1000. I don't think we can defeat them in any fight on open ground, with or without a bridge. We may be able to defeat them if we defend the city, but I doubt they would bother to bring the fight to use, and if they did we would most definitely take heavy casualties. If we can to engage them, we need reinforcements."
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty07.01.14 10:42

"from what we learned they are rallying to go elsewhere, waiting for reinforcements is counter intuitive in this situation. By the time we have a sizable force arrive, they can already have left and i don't see us catching up to an army of horsemen. I believe time is of the essence, we should do something, may it be a show of force, an assassination or a negotiation."

A gauntlet soldier came to inform Methodius of the situation around the bridge, he asked the gauntlet to say what they had found out loud for everyone to hear:

Spoiler:

Methodius nodded as the man ended his report.

"The bridge seems to be key for the enemy, i like Klaus' idea of impersonating a new duke for the area, what do the rest of you think?"
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty10.01.14 9:51

Rivatha and her gloves can be spotted all around town. They all are actively asking for something.One could hear Seljuk, Methodius, Knights of Ebony Gauntlet or Knights of Radiant Cross mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty10.01.14 10:01

The semi-dramatic departure of the Dragon left Gilaver feeling very annoyed. This was a book-case example of the reasons why things always went downhill: no one was willing to talk about things. The Griffon knight rubbed the back of his head in frustration at the failed diplomacy attempt but didn't do anything beyond that. It would only make things worse, and the Northman didn't seem like the type that would be willing to converse about the situation.

Gilaver listened through the rest of the meeting in his normal silence as he mulled over the options presented by the representatives of the knightly orders. He had never fancied himself as a tactician, and coudn't really contribute aside from the basics like ambush points and the most glaring flaws if they were presented. That sort of thing was more of Klaus' area of expertise, and he had made it quite clear with his interesting idea about a fake duke.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty10.01.14 15:30

William stood clearly sick of this back and forth banter. Each side clung to what they thought was the best course of action. He motioned to his men to do the same.

He nodded at Methodius and passed him a note and with that left the room. Not as angrily or noisily as Sigwald but in somewhat of a hurry.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty10.01.14 15:52

Klaus looked around at the gathered knights, waiting to hear a refusal of his plan, or at least modification to it. When none came, and the rest of the dragon contingent looked ready to leave he spoke up.

"If we go with this plan, we must make choose the duke" he said to the gathering, looking around at the others still.

"I think that maybe we should make offer this position to dragons. I have been think on what gauntlet said, and if they want to make prove their honour and bravery then this is good chance. If not to us, then make prove to themselves..." he continued, raising his voice as the dragons started to file away from the gathering.

"Or maybe I am make too generous in giving this chance?" he finished with a glance at his men who were frowning at their commanders' giving their rivals an opportunity at redemption.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty10.01.14 15:58

William stopped at the door but motioned for his men to continue out the door.

"I don't need a chance from the likes of you." His tone thickened with sarcasm.

"You are far to generous." He made a mock bow and mutter under his breath as he left.

"Go back to licking the feet of the king you cur" With that he closed the door behind him.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty10.01.14 16:24

Klaus shrugged at the answer, clearly unsurprised by it.

"I offer to make chance, they refuse. They can make redeem honour, but say no. I think they prefer their reputation to be stained like coward. I do not think my opinion of them change herr gauntlet, I am sorry."

One of the Griffon scouts arrived then, and whispered something into Klaus's ear. The commander nodded and snapped a few whispered questions back, waiting momentarily for the reply. Satisfied, he strode forwards towards the stand Methodicus was using, and bent down. In the sand he drew a rough map of the river and its twin crossings.

"Here" he began, scuffing the far side "is where horde is. They have make guard this side of river, and here in middle is small camp. There is nothing on the side nearest Torbah. When duke and guard arrive, they must cross and seize middle. It is easiest to make fortify. Remember they must make demand money, and hold enemy for one night before falling back in pretend retreat." As he spoke he indicated each location in turn, finishing by circling the central point where the river forked.

"We must still make choose the duke. He and his men will need to be make mounted so they can withdraw fast. I will not make lie, it is very dangerous but necessary."

He looked around at the gathered knights again, taking care to look at each in turn with his dark eyes.

"The rest of us will be here" he finished after a long pause, marking the residential area behind the ruined walls of Torbah.

"We will make prepare with ambush, very fortify and strong position. Here is where we make crush the angry horde outrider!" he finished his brief with a swift kick to the marked Torbah area to emphasize the nature of their victory, sending a spray of loose sand and stone scuttling away from his map.

He then stepped back towards the Griffon contingent and shrugged nonchalantly.

"Then we make ask to meet their leaders and talk from position of strength."
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty10.01.14 18:44

Methodius scratched his head after the Dragons quarreled with the Griffons and left, they reminded him of a proverb about cats and dogs.

He snapped out of of his thoughts and looked at Klaus' drawing.
"I don't know about the duke holding the island for a night Klaus, that sounds unneeded and frankly; impossible."

He thought to himself for a moment and continued
"I would of Gladly taken the role of the Duke, alas, my order fights on the ground, we would have no retreat, however, i do have a courser and also know how to ride due to my noble background, i can accompany whoever goes."
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty17.01.14 9:54

Somewhat disappointed by the lack of input, Klaus spoke again.

"Ok, so Herr Methodius and Herr Gilaver will go to the bridge and demand tax. I suggest you make wait one night so large group chase you away. It will make take time for them to gather force and it will be much more effect with more men. Use your initiative though, we will be ready when you come. I send all griffon knight with you. Who else will assist? My greatswords and retainer stay ready for ambush. Radiants? Dawn? Clarion Call? What will you make do?"
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty17.01.14 13:51

Methodius shared Klaus' disapointment
"It seems the task is too perilous for some, i suggest we simply negotiate at the bridge for now and if the defenses are weak, the people at the location can make the choice to attack it. We wont know what they want until we actually talk to them, so it would work out better this way in terms of negotiations. If none of that works, then we finally try to taunt them in some way to attack us in the city."

Methodius looked at the riding knights, and at the clarion call in particular
"are these new terms good enough to have your assistance in this excursion?"
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty17.01.14 21:50

Natir pondered the plans proposed. Obviously deep in thought.
"I do not like the plan of the Griffons. To be perfectly blunt it sounds like suicide, sending a twenty men to hold off a thousands for a whole night and then trying to out run them to the city on foot. I would much prefer talking to them and seeing what we can find out about them first."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next