A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Humble Request

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty20.11.13 12:37

Hey guys, I have [subject line here] for you.  

I'm trying my hand at making Let's Plays and I could use some extra eyes and ears (that don't know me all that well) to vet it for me.  Since I'm just starting with mediocre equipment (and know how), don't expect some high quality extravaganza.  But I would be really appreciative if I could get some feedback.  Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0CvM-QkFIdZGZ07CdJWO-Q  (And yes, that is the personal channel of your great and evil GM).
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty20.11.13 17:49

Nice one, it's something I have always considered doing but never actually did. I'll check it out over breakfast tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty21.11.13 10:36

Alright, guys, as much as I appreciate your subscriptions...what I really need is actual feedback. Razz

Oh, and I know about the video quality...I don't think there's much I can do for it right now, though.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty21.11.13 13:20

Well I would say to dump the cannons of your ships and replace with emitters, I'm currently in my latest play through running 2 rangers each using 2 rank 2 emitters 2 rank 2 missiles and my own Volley using 6 rank 2 missiles and I'm crushing huge enemy forces into dust.

Being able to fire a combined 10 missiles is very useful.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty21.11.13 14:02

I have no idea what game you are playing or the genre.

Moar CK2.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty21.11.13 14:11

I've only watched the first so far, and I want to check out the others before I can say anything conclusively. I like what I've seen so far though, it didn't make me want to turn it off which is a good sign Razz

Depending on what you want to get out of the lets play though there are some things you might want to consider;

1. Purely gameplay - usually for showing off new games or content.
Keep sounds / cinematics on, and emphasise interesting or bad gameplay points.
Eg; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlcscBCW4DQ&list=TLmMban9jTpMHDy0H9xHLEWWSPvH1T86Hh

2. Educational - more about teaching other players how to play the game, drawing on experience.
Turn ingame sounds right down, and minimise cut scenes / dialogue. Keep a running commentary on what you are doing, and why.
Eg; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APV2gMen7kc&list=SPs3acGYgI1-ssJqC88ojWNbUbbHRnLqO5

Of course you can take elements of either style, but the tendency will be to emphasise the points of one or the other.

I think you fall more into 1. with what I've seen so far, so that's good but I would like to see some elements of 2. Coming into that game knowing nothing about it, I want to know what you are doing, and why. It doesn't need to be in-depth strategy and tactics just an overview.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty21.11.13 16:21

In order: I have my own play style for every game.  I'll keep your advice under advisement (actually, having Rangers armed like that sounds kickass)...but I gotta do what I'm comfortable with, y'know?

*whacks Arcanum* Bad! You watch!  ...Also, I don't have CK2 (pleasedonthurtme).

Thanks Mordred.  I'll definitely keep that advice in mind.  You'll find there's a bit more of 2 in the following videos.  I look forward to if you think it's enough.

If it seems like I'm uploading a lot right now...I am.  I'm just creating a base for a few to vet before I start advertising more generally and uploading a little more regularly.  So any and all vetting is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty21.11.13 16:38

Well gameplay wise I doin't see any glaring errors. I could knit pick at it all day but thats mostly just different play styles talking.

For instance until just now I was using a 3rd size ship with 2 turret mounts using dual cannons on both mounts and 2 Turtle heads with 2 cannons and a missile.
Thats my most common load out purely because I like to get up close and personal so I can use that increased rear end damage so free fire weapons are better for me then emitters.

But I'm running into road blocks because it's down side is when facing lots of big ships or missile ships you get really boned until you get huge ships and add point defense so missile massing is my new best friend because it means I can stay at 2000 distance and still be in range to hit my enemies.

But that is just play style and I always prefer either agile close range or extreme long range tactics. I wish I'd had a 6th trait slot on this to take sharp shooter but the 5 I've got are essential so sadly it's not possible and likely not going to be possible for me to gain because doing extreme long range shooting without it I expect the penalty to make it a waste of arrows.

I would be interested in hearing about your play style if you have the time. It'll be interesting to see how effective it is for me compared to my own.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty21.11.13 18:39

Oh one other suggestion if you ain't tried it before.

Get a Yacht or something else with a big crew compliment and get the suicide cannon. Nothing more fun then crushing enemy ships with massed mook boarders lol.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty22.11.13 3:58

Just watched 2-3, and they are already much better. You seem more confident on the mic, and the extra humour is appreciated - your war with the missiles in particular was good Razz

Also I liked your description on difference in weapons (missiles Vs torpedoes for instance). Unfortunately I doubt I'll have time to watch the rest before Monday (I am working weekends too now).
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty22.11.13 9:21

Much obliged Mordred. We'll see what new goodies I'll have for you to look at by Monday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty

Back to top Go down

A Humble Request
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: