A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Event 2 OOC Discussion

Go down 
+18
Lady Rose
Azlanek
Kharad Moriendor
William Alatin III
Mordred
Harvey Wagner
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Frederick
Psychozoa
Sir Lucius
Laisha
Aodh
Methodius Marci
Arcanum
Pravenstern
Klaus Witz
Sigwald
Isabel Tenorio
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty19.05.14 3:18

Personally, I blame the approaching summer holidays.
Back to top Go down
Ferdinand XIV

Ferdinand XIV

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty19.05.14 5:48

Pravenstern wrote:
Personally, I blame the approaching summer holidays.

Must admit that my schedule is filled with exams etc until the second/third week of june. Though if we really have such a low activity you can expect that I'll wrap the event up soon and start with Renewed.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty19.05.14 11:06

I'm still here, lurking as an Eventide should
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty19.05.14 15:07

Honestly, most of us expected some sort of final showdown when you came into being the GM, so we set up for a final showdown and have been waiting ever since...

I didn't know you expected more than that, being so severely outnumbered makes people take less chances. I reckon it's why the Torbah event was lackluster as no one wanted to openly defy an enemy a 100 times bigger than them, whereas in the Windholm rebellion; two large factions were fighting each other and the orders would join a side knowing that both sides had a fighting chance.
Back to top Go down
Ferdinand XIV

Ferdinand XIV

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty19.05.14 17:31

Methodius Marci wrote:
Honestly, most of us expected some sort of final showdown when you came into being the GM, so we set up for a final showdown and have been waiting ever since...

I didn't know you expected more than that,

That's a comforting statement.

The quick final showdown would've been against Mustafa had you guys followed Jukar's plan, but Varys changed it. Then a final showdown would've been a reckless foolish charge on Torbah, until Varys changed it. Now you're surrounded, inactive, and I'm just checking the memberlist to see only two or three players log in on a somewhat daily basis that could somehow prevent Varys from being able to ruffle through your dead bodies after the battle.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty19.05.14 18:19

So we going to continue, with the remaining active members taking over the inactive members' troops?
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty19.05.14 21:25

I guess so, but ya, if surrounding us was your idea Varys; it's of an overkill, this isn't even a siege and the odds are 10 to 1, why be so careful? i can't speak for others but i very well expected to die in this fight, all we're trying to do is go out with a bang but you rather smother us in our sleep, where is the fun in that?

I find it even more strange that the leaders of the horde would see overwhelming odds like that and still decide to keep trying to increase them instead of just engaging us and end it, it just feels silly.

Back to top Go down
Ferdinand XIV

Ferdinand XIV

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty19.05.14 23:19

Methodius Marci wrote:
I find it even more strange that the leaders of the horde would see overwhelming odds like that and still decide to keep trying to increase them instead of just engaging us and end it, it just feels silly.

I don't know why you expect the entire horde to gear up for a small massacre of +- 100 King's men. You're merely fighting Mustafa, and that's a fight you could've won.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty20.05.14 13:34

The size of the horde was a central theme throughout the Torbah event, it's what made most of us stand on our toes and figure out that we couldn't fix the problem with brawn. We were often reminded of the unfavorable odds we were facing, so that stuck with me and and made me continually assume those odds as the norm.

I see your point tho, i take back what i said if we're not actually facing the whole horde, my bad Varys : /
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty21.05.14 3:35

From the beginning the point was not a massive battle with the Horde, and so the size was reflective of that. However, the Horde is not... homogenous.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys

Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty21.05.14 16:42

Are we waiting on me to reply?
Back to top Go down
Ferdinand XIV

Ferdinand XIV

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty21.05.14 23:15

Ser Varys wrote:
Are we waiting on me to reply?

No, I simply have too much to write in the real world this week. Smile

As it's is unlikely any of the other PC's will show their faces/avatars I'll resume the event this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Event 2 OOC Discussion
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17