A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Event 2 OOC Discussion

Go down 
+18
Lady Rose
Azlanek
Kharad Moriendor
William Alatin III
Mordred
Harvey Wagner
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Frederick
Psychozoa
Sir Lucius
Laisha
Aodh
Methodius Marci
Arcanum
Pravenstern
Klaus Witz
Sigwald
Isabel Tenorio
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

Laisha

Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 12:20

*breaks out the Fire Emblem music*  With any luck, I'll start this evening.

EDIT: Both taking over the world and the event.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 12:31

Neat.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 15:33

LET THE EVENT BEGIN

I'm going to double post intentionally in case someone wants to ask questions before I'm done typing up the OOC notes. I was trying to be a little more "cinematic" with the opening, so it's a tad details thin. Just be patient and wait for the following post.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 15:50

Several notes to mention:

1) Yes, I've done the opening by splitting you all up into different scenarios. While I know it's going to be a bit taxing for me, you're in a situation that isn't nearly as (initially) controlled as the Windholm rebellion. There's an army gathering nearby, so it just wouldn't make sense if there wasn't a chance for conflict on the way in.

2) I actually rolled for all of your pre-event encounters. Aodh was the only one to actually roll well enough to avoid his own fight. Which is kind of ironic.

3) Now, to breakdown where each player is. If you would please turn to the map:
i) The upper-left (northwest) black dot is the approach angle for the Dawn (under Sir Lucius) and the Griffons (under Klaus and Gilaver). The Dawn are facing about 15-20 enemies while the Griffons about 8-10.
ii) The left-middle (north) dot is the approach for the Dragons (under William, Sigwald and (hopefully) Trystan) and the Ebony Gauntlet (under Methodius). They're facing about 12-16 men and are currently allies of convenience.
iii) The middle (northeast) dot is the approach for the Clarion Call (under Natir) and the Radiant Cross (under Morek, Mattus and (hopefully...maybe?) De'Veer). The Radiants are facing about 30-40 opponents.
iv) The Eventide are currently not addressed for a couple of reasons you guys don't need to know.

Try to get your inactives active again. I really want each order to be as together as possible (if it doesn't work whatever reason, message me to let me know) to keep the workload down since the opening of the event is so...chaotic. By design, but chaotic. Don't worry too much about fine details in the opening fights, partially for my sake. I promise to adjudicate each clash fairly, regardless.

Beyond that, you all have your missions. Your orders and Pendor herself are counting on all of you. Have fun. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 15:56

Time for small unit tactics! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 20:54

Is it perhaps a good idea to start in different threads? Before this thing gets to the level of chaotic eyesores like Windholm.

Each Order has his own thread until they meet with another and the threads merge for the duration of a scene. (It will make for a busload of threads, but might be easier to follow.)

Spoiler:

As long as we make clear when we change threads, the whole event will be much easier to follow when someone has to catch up. (newcomer, or just for fun)
Back to top Go down
Frederick

Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 21:21

Shall we go with Sigwald or start posting now?
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 21:28

No GMs on right now it seems, so we'd have to wait for a while to get a response, i like the split thread idea but don't mind posting now in a single thread, what do you guys say?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 21:32

If we try to have 6 or 7 orders having their own fights on 1 thread it's going to go south real quick. It seems that Sigwalds idea is sound.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty16.11.13 21:44

I just made a post, if its wrong it can always be deleted or moved......
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty17.11.13 3:29

You can start threads in the same manner as Psychozoa. We're going to try to keep threads centered around the point of interest on the maps. After the starting spots, they all have numbers so it will be easy.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty17.11.13 3:57

Right. And the Dawn and Griffons can share a thread.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty17.11.13 6:49

In case if anyone will wonder, Rivatha gained trait "Desert Survivalist" trough inter event.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty17.11.13 18:01

Hey, Dragons, Gauntlets...try not to forget that you're under attack.

As in, less polite introductions and more "forced into battle suddenly, must work together or die" sort of deal.

Just putting that out there.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty17.11.13 18:38

Ya sorry, we wanted to very quickly meet and greet first then get surprised by the scouting force.

EDIT: i take it these guys aren't open to discussion from how your describing the situation, am i right to assume that?
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty17.11.13 19:53

But, but it said 12 - 16 tribesmen. Those guys are weaker than weak IG... I hoped a simple show of force would make them spill their beans on the whole Torbah situation.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty17.11.13 20:17

don't worry... there'l be more from where they came from... and if what you want is information you could just make sure to keep one alive from your flank attack.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty18.11.13 20:09

It feels good to actually have some room for tatics for my cavalry verses just running and trying to hide
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty19.11.13 12:42

That post gave me immense joy Smile

but that got resolved a lot quicker than I thought it would

is it now that I say I want to take a prisoner?..... Just to interrogate a bit.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty19.11.13 13:06

Yup. Then again, everyone seems to be having the exact same idea.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty19.11.13 15:27

Such a shame that only the Shadow Legion knows the super secret art of the super effective interrogation!
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty19.11.13 15:37

Is it make them take a ride on Seleucia's leaky ship?
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty19.11.13 16:57

welp, today's lesson was; don't underestimate tribesmen and that tetsudo formations aren't as good as i thought against cavalry, i blame rome 2.
Back to top Go down
Frederick

Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty19.11.13 17:00

^_^
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty19.11.13 17:10

To be fair, that flank attack really screwed with your cohesion.

How does the saying go? Plans never survive contact with the enemy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   Event 2 OOC Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Event 2 OOC Discussion
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next