A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post-Event One

Go down 
+2
Arcanum
Isabel Tenorio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty21.09.13 11:15

The event isn't quite over yet, but I don't think it's premature to start this thread.  Partially because starting Wednesday I'll have limited activity for 1-2 weeks, so... yeah.

We have most things prepared for Event 2, we're just working on the infrastructure (maps, goals for the Orders, etc.) for the time being.  Before we get to that hopefully-shorter event, we're planning a little interim time for RP.  Mostly intra-Order stuff... some Grandmasters and/or Supporters can be met with, PCs can meet each other, etc.  This is also a time for any diplomacy you may wish to pursue as well.... just remember that ideology is never 100% compatible! (Twisted Evil )

More importantly, what are your thoughts on this event?  It definitely took a long time, that much is self-evident.

And most importantly... /cheer for Laisha!  Without our Grand Glorious GM, this RP would have surely died by now.  To have kept up as sole GM for so long is a true accomplishment... you deserve a trophy Laisha, and not just the kind that everyone gets for participating!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty21.09.13 11:27

I'd rather it take awhile and get done right than be rushed and lose quality.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty21.09.13 19:21

I think the setting and idea were great, just like character creation and general attitude. However, it was too big for one GM to handle. All the props to Laisha because it shouldn't be possible to solo this raid-boss.

Too ambitious, too many Orders/Characters in the same place. But a great event nevertheless.

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
the kind that everyone gets for participating!  cheers
Sigwald, too?
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty22.09.13 4:31

Sigwald wrote:
Isabel Tenorio wrote:
the kind that everyone gets for participating!  cheers
Sigwald, too?
No. >.>

Razz 

Anyway, thank you very much. As you can tell, I needed a break after all that event (you know, pass the buck on the conclusion). And I'm with Arcanum when it comes to time taken. While I regret the occasional gap in posting, I much preferred to give higher quality storytelling rather than rush it.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty22.09.13 4:55

I am the opposite, I like to keep things moving... but in this instance I think quality certainly prevailed and it absolutely could not have happened without Laisha's dedication. Thank you for making this such an interesting ride, it has been a pleasure to watch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty22.09.13 16:05

Any suggestions, complaints, showering of praise for Laisha, or cookies for Jing Ming?

One thing that was mentioned a long while back and semi-discussed in the GM board was refunding renown purchases. That's definitely something we need to do between the first and second event, just given the time involved. What do you think about it as a general rule though, and what limitations should be present? It's mostly for troops and equipment... although there is a small issue with some items (barques, masterwork weapons) having been purchased at a discount due to being a backstory item. Personally, I'm not concerned with that as it isn't going to happen on a large enough scale to make a noticeable difference... but, it is a fairness issue all the same.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty23.09.13 10:47

Well I would like to upgrade my armour, so perhaps take the "discounted" items at the value they were given, and allow that towards future purchases? That is if we're allowed to swap items 1-1 to renown, though I cannot really see any reason for a reduction in value.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty08.10.13 22:08

About the prestige that will be awarded next week;

If it gets Aelos (and his sword) plus at least Alm back in Scalekeep..give Clausewitz all the prestige that would normally have gone to me. We can call it the ransom.

Depending on the amount, I'd dare to negotiate the freedom of all other Dragons (Alatin and companions) as well. Ofcourse I'm perfectly fine writing this in an IC exchange somewhere inside the beautiful capitol of Sarleon.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty09.10.13 12:35

Ransom was certainly part of the plan - though whether it came from a player, or (more likely) from the order itself I don't mind. Depends how much you want players penalized for losses, though this should definitely be less than if those units had died!
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty15.10.13 5:07

When you're ready, post your IC returns in your respective chapterhouses or castles. We've divided the grandmasters/supporters amongst ourselves so that everyone should get some active RP.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty27.10.13 3:36

We're aiming for the end of the week for Event 2, so please stay active if your Chapterhouse meeting hasn't concluded yet.

For those that I'd mentioned it to so repeatedly, we'll have to do the 'take an action' thing in the interim after Event 2... which -will- be shorter than Event 1!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post-Event One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Event One   Post-Event One Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-Event One
Page 1 of 1