A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty
PostSubject: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty02.06.13 13:39

Right, as per the other thread i've decided to start a new mega-game spanning all three games.

CK2;
Form the Kalmar Union before 1379 (unite Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland)
Maintain the Norse Culture
Maintain the Norse Faith
Keep hold of Iceland until the end.

Optional;
Keep at least some of Russia Norse.
Make at least one relative a fellow Norse monarch (Russia, England, Scotland, Sweden, Denmark)

All DLC is on, including Aztecs! No mods.

EU3 - TBD

V2 - TBD

Ok, so here is my character;

Mordred Adalhard I;
Spoiler:

As you can see he is;
Skilled Tactician
Quick
Lustful
Gluttonous
Greedy
Wroth
Proud
Slothful
Brave
Drunkard

AKA : A Viking!

And here is the world at start 867. The arrow points to Trondelag, of which I am count. It's a decent province with 3 baronies (1 of each holding).

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mordred on 03.06.13 3:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty02.06.13 14:20

Well, I played for a short time, documenting what happened and taking screenshots;

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty02.06.13 15:43

The story begins, as all good stories begin, with a raid on The Netherlands.

Spoiler:

While he was off in Holland, he somehow met a nice Norweigian woman, and married her.

Spoiler:

Almost immediately, Mordred received a declaration of war from Harald Fairhair, the upstart "king" from Ostlandet. Mordred doesn't care for diplomacy, and just lets his lands be taken. Less talking, more raiding!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Some dudes in Byzantium decide that they are awesome, and start to call themselves the Varangian Guard. Legends.

((This is Mordred Mk1 died))

Spoiler:

Suprisingly early, the Shi'ite lords come out of hiding, in open conflict with the Sunni Muslims. Bear in mind this is about 30 years earlier than history.

Spoiler:

Long live young Valdemarr!

Spoiler:

Mordred's new liege, Harry the Fantastically Blonde invites him over for a feast and some sacrifices. Mordred repays the hospitality by vomiting everywhere. Obviously parties end differently in rustic Trondelag where no party is really a party unless all the guests vomit everywhere and then collapse in a drunken stupor.

LESS TALKING, MORE DRINKING!

Spoiler:

... and that's all I had time for. More to come over the coming week!
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty03.06.13 1:25

I look forward to seeing if you can reform Norse. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty03.06.13 2:30

That is definitely the mid-term plan. First I need to get ducal title so that I can begin amassing vassals, not to sure how to go about that just yet.

As an aside, if at any point you guys see something I should try, or want to add further side objectives, let me know!
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty03.06.13 2:54

Reforming the Norse is enough of a challenge!

If you're really feeling difficult: Have relatives ruling two separate kingdoms. (Ruling it as a Duke counts, if you encounter the same usurpation difficulties that I did.)
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty03.06.13 3:04

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
Reforming the Norse is enough of a challenge!

If you're really feeling difficult: Have relatives ruling two separate kingdoms. (Ruling it as a Duke counts, if you encounter the same usurpation difficulties that I did.)

Oh, this is an idea I like. Which ones? I'll take Norway of course, maybe have a relative in England (keeping it Norse), or Russia? Or do you mean of Sweden or Denmark?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty03.06.13 3:33

Anywhere! I've made my kinsmen the Ducal-king of Italy/Genoa, King of Rus, King of Scotland, and through inheritance both Norway and Sweden. I was ruling in Denmark.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty03.06.13 3:41

Added to my optionals. Nice one!
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty04.06.13 5:53

So after the feast, Mordred returns home and continues to do what he does best. MOAR RAIDING!

Spoiler:

And as a result, he achieved his childhood ambition. There was much celebrating, and drinking, and more drinking with the celebrating.

Spoiler:

He then decided, actually... screw this I am getting old. Time for the talking!

Spoiler:

And some stewarding, where he learned to actually count all the booty he had accumulated over the years.

Spoiler:

Know what? This is boring. BACK TO RAIDING!

Spoiler:

During a particularly daring raid on Belgium, he learned that he was actually pretty good at this.

Spoiler:

And then Valdemarr grew up and reached adulthood. To celebrate, Mordred took him raiding.

Spoiler:

But it turns out that its actually really easy to poison a glutton. Who'd have thought? Valdemarr reached manhood just in time...

Spoiler:

And this is our Fearless Leader in all his... ahem... glory. At least he has no vices, unlike his father. Rather a chilled out Viking actually.

Spoiler:

See that child bride? She became rather awesome, and there are those who whisper that perhaps should would be better as the chief...

Spoiler:

She turned out to be pretty useless at raiding though, so people decided that no actually, Valdemarr was the better choice.

I must admit that a whole load of nothing happened during this. Mordred was given another county (Finnmark) by Harald the Golden Haired, but Harald seems entirely incapable of forming Norway despite having way more territory than he needs to do it, so I don't know what has held him back. Denmark and Sweden have both formed already, and Sweden was really backward compared to us. While he remains a Duke level character, I cannot get a duchy of my own so it's something of a waiting game at the moment. Once the old codger shuffles off this mortal coil, there will be a power vacuum when his counties are divided among his children, and we are saving gold to hire a mercenary army for that eventuality...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness   CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness Empty

Back to top Go down

CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 : Norse Nastiness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: