A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread

Go down 
+11
Alexander
Evedas
Kharad Moriendor
Mordred
Klaus Witz
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Sigwald
William Alatin III
Jing Ming
Arcanum
Isabel Tenorio
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty
PostSubject: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 9:49

We all know we need it.

>.>

No, we don't have a problem!

<.<

So, how about that Frankish heavy cavalry?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 9:52

The epitome of Heavy cav. Punch a lance through someone's chest and they arent getting back up again.

Though massed ranged fire from anything stronger than a light crossbow would probably ruin their day. Agincourt and Poiters, etc anyone?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 10:02

Well then.

I prefer the Seleucid War Elephants!

(Seleucia should totally have one. >.>)

((I'm distressed that the playable Rome II factions have all been announced, save one. Yet neither Egypt nor the Seleucid Empire are among them. Two tribes in Gaul, and one in Britain are all in. Why two for Gaul and only one Macedonian successor?))
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 10:05

Quote :
Why two for Gaul and only one Macedonian successor?

One word: Asterix.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 10:06

And why wouldn't it be the same in rome 2 as it was in rome 1? Kill off a faction and you unlock it. It might be that those are merely the starting ones like the 3 roman families from 1.

As for elephants, pulling a scipio africanus would likely work. Open a gap in the lines and they'll take the path of least resistance/crushiness.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 10:08

They've added more events and the like to make each faction unique. I've not seen a direct confirmation, but it appears the others won't be playable. (Without modding, at least.)

Now I feel bad. I created this thread so that we wouldn't have to go off topic in other threads. But now we're off topic here! >.>
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 10:21

Hardly off topic are we. Merely rename the title to ancient and medieval warfare
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 10:43

I meant the Rome II stuff.

The elephant remains as the supreme and unbeatable tool. Scipio never defeated them himself! The elephants just rebelled and marched away from Carthage. (They're smart, you know!)
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 10:59

Meh. That's debatable in my opinion. If you throw a few spears or Javelins in its face when it comes at you you have about 50/50 chance of it running away. The other 50 is someone getting turned into red paste on the ground by a pissed off elephant.

In India they had the right idea. Gave elephants ARMOR. That was probably a fun job, getting the elephants in it.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 11:14

Someone who seem to know what he was talking told me that the best (and sometimes only) way to stop a wild animal was to shoot at its mouth. The topic of conversation was a wild boar attack in a Chinese village: the farmers tried to shoot, slash and pierce it, but the weapons just bounced off. I guess wild animals are a different thing entirely. And that was a boar. Now imagine an armored elephant. Shocked

Where are the Australians to help us with info when we need them?

...know what is better than armored elephants? Armored crocodiles.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 11:17

But.... But they would sink and drown....
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 11:24

Stuffed armor, so that they survive the fall after being catapulted behind enemy lines.

Catapulting snakes in baskets with pillows over cities would totally work. If our society collapses and I become a warlord in a post-apocalyptic feudal world, that's totally what I'm going to use. (oh no! I'm watching too many uncreatively written tv series!).
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 12:14

Armored crocodiles.... hm. (I still want to see a wereshark or werecrocodile in TES. I've proposed that TES VI take place off the coast of Black Marsh and ruined Morrowind so the landscape would be suited!)

Scythed chariots + Armored elephants + Shadow Legionnaires = I Win.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 12:30

A TES in Akavir... it would be mix of japanese RPG, nightmares and ctulhu-like insanity.

Feel the madness: http://akavir.pbworks.com/w/page/1647773/Tsaesci%20Lords

And that's only one race.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 13:04

I liked the akaviri samurai armor mod. The helmet was very nice. Looked kind of weird on my redguard though.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty19.03.13 14:06

Seleucid was my favorite faction as well Smile it was the perfect combination of Greek, Carthage, Egypt, and Rome.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty22.03.13 14:37

So it looks like the newest faction for Rome 2 is the Egyptians, and historically accurate ones at that, none of that King Tut looking crap from the original.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty22.03.13 15:45

Well, that is a good (and kinda required...) choice.

Still, I want the Seleucids in! Parthia lacks slavery, but otherwise they might have satisfied me with their cavalry focus instead of the Silver Shields and phalanx pikemen.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty22.03.13 16:22

Remember the factions DLC? I'm sure they'll get in the game...... eventually.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty26.03.13 13:45

What was your favorite Total War? Mine was Rome by far, but I thought that Shogun II was also pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty26.03.13 13:47

Shogun 2 for me. I like the Sengoku period and all the charismatic samurai generals.

That and the multiplayer the game has. I even managed to weather through monk spam, then loan sword spam, then monk spam again. But its finally balanced I think. I hate Fall of the Samurai though.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty26.03.13 19:25

I couldn't play Shogun II, but Rome and the first Shogun are my favourites.

Shogun had really good narration and the whole assassination thing was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty26.03.13 19:36

My favorite is still Medieval 2 with stainless steel. Tough i never got to play shogun 2.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty27.03.13 6:20

Medival 2 would be my favourite too, though Shogun 2 was excellent. I am really looking forward to what they do on Rome.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty27.03.13 6:25

Unless they make me pay for blasted blood DLC again.

That was a whole new level of Bullsh*t.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread   Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Medieval Weapons and Other Stuff Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: