A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Go down 
+7
Jing Ming
Isabel Tenorio
Alexander
Sigwald
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Laisha
Mordred
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 3:59

Since it's free I'll have to download it. Just be warned, ever since SWG had their 'New Game Enhancements' I've hated nearly all MMO gameplay. The RP is better!

(And usually still quite terrible...)

You know, you all cooooouuuld get the SWG EMU and play free...
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 4:34

Nah, its pretty different to WoW. I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft long barge pole (not withstanding my ban of all things Blizzard from my Battle.net accounts repeatedly being hacked).

If you're after an awesome MMO then Eve is the only way to go. DDO is more of a casual RPG that happens to be an MMO.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 4:40

Mordred wrote:
Nah, its pretty different to WoW. I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft long barge pole (not withstanding my ban of all things Blizzard from my Battle.net accounts repeatedly being hacked).

If you're after an awesome MMO then Eve is the only way to go. DDO is more of a casual RPG that happens to be an MMO.

Not an MMO fan, but the Dwarves in WoW are the most awesome race around. Particularly because they seem so similar to J.R.R. Tolkien's dwarves in the Hobbit.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 4:59

I'll look into this later this evening, but I would like to know a couple of things before that:

1.) Is tanking viable with a glaive?
2.) Does this require previous knowledge of D&D?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 5:08

Aelos wrote:

Not an MMO fan, but the Dwarves in WoW are the most awesome race around. Particularly because they seem so similar to J.R.R. Tolkien's dwarves in the Hobbit.

True, I had a Dwarf Hunter who was fairly dominant in the pvp battlefields of his level range (40s), but I became bored with the lack of anything meaningful. I used to love Warcraft, and Warcraft II was my favourite game until Mount and Blade knocked it off its perch. Anything post Warcraft III however, I thought was (excuse my French), crap.

Pravenstern wrote:
I'll look into this later this evening, but I would like to know a couple of things before that:

1.) Is tanking viable with a glaive?
2.) Does this require previous knowledge of D&D?

1. That is a good question! Tanking with a Warforged Greatsword Paladin certainly is (though Sword and Board will always be the top choice for tanking). Dwarf Two Handed Axe Fighter would probably be what you want though.

Having done a little research, it seems that there are no polearms (and therefore Glaives) in DDO, however I would recommend a Dwarven Fighter using Dwarven Axes. These weapons are basically 2 handed axes that Dwarves can wield one handed (and therefore with the shield for added tanking!), and act like two handed weapons.

2. Perhaps, though I came it it knowing very little about the current set of rules, and absolutely nothing about the setting. If you want I can create a character template with you or at least provide some useful feats and skills that you should try to work towards (in order to be a little more flexible).
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 6:26

Well damn, seems that I'll have to rework my idea...

Edit. Yes, I got corrupted.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 7:02

Did they ever update to allow evil characters? <.<
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 8:46

I wasn't a big fan of pvp, but that was mostly because of my crappy laptop and connection. It was fairly easy to solo my Dwarf Paladin all the way through level 78, but then it was time to pay for it and I decided not to. Plus the RP server I was in completely changed to PvP during a short absence, most annoying thing ever.

My D&D dwarf and the Hobbit trilogy does make me want to return to it, if only to get that dragon flying mount. Smile
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 10:09

Great, now reading this conversation has me wanting to try this too.

And I just bought a huge time sink in the form of new vegas off of steam too. *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 10:14

New Vegas is cool, I liked it.

This made me interested too, so I started downloading it. But then it said "5 Gb, estimated 8 hours"... yeah, I won't be playing that any time soon.
Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 10:20

Its worth the effort, especially if we can get a few people on at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 11:30

Ok, got Zekic and Aelos on my friends list, what who else should I add? More the merrier!
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty11.03.13 11:51

I'll be joining in soon...ish.

As soon as I remember what I feel I'm forgetting....
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 9:39

Does this run fairly well on a laptop? I've looked at a few videos of it on Youtube, but for me trying to eyeball graphics requirements is an exercise in futility.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 9:50

Arcanum wrote:
Does this run fairly well on a laptop? I've looked at a few videos of it on Youtube, but for me trying to eyeball graphics requirements is an exercise in futility.

I'm playing it on a netbook and it's doing fairly well. Even without graphics on 'very low'.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 9:52

Cool. Guess I'll give it a try then soon.

If we did get a party going what class would we still need anyways?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 10:15

We currently have (if we get together as a full group)

Favoured Soul - Mordred (Healer / Caster)
Ranger - Aelos (Melee Dual Wield)
Rogue / Ranger - Zekic (Ranged attack?)

So more magical damage would be nice, or another rogue for traps / locks. Depends if Zekic was going to take those skills. I am in the process of rolling an Artificer too, so I can switch in a Caster / Trap / Lockpick monkey if need be. More melee people could be nice too.

Basically anything, heh. A dedicated healer might be useful as my guy is going to be mostly offensive casting with some heals thrown in.

Last edited by Mordred on 12.03.13 10:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 10:32

Mordred wrote:

Fighter - Aelos (Tank I am guessing?)

As of one of my later posts, I made my dwarf a Ranger. Though I simply let my hirelings do the heavy hitting, my main focus is (despite the marksman class) dual wielding madness.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 10:33

Edited that in, Rangers are also good at that Smile
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 10:43

So basically a cleric or wizard huh? Both of those sound fun to play actually, especially the wizard. From what I understand he makes things go "Boom" very effectively. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 10:47

Edited first post with all Players and character names. Should we start a guild to organise better? If so, what do we call it?

Arcanum wrote:
So basically a cleric or wizard huh? Both of those sound fun to play actually, especially the wizard. From what I understand he makes things go "Boom" very effectively. Very Happy

Magic users are GREAT fun. I had a Sorcerer for a while and loved it. Never tried a Wizard though. The general consensus is that Wizards are far more versatile with a wide range of spells to select from, and potentially able to do more concentrated damage, however the Sorcerer can cast faster and more often.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 11:01

Kingdom Divided, Aftermath....?
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 11:10

I'll probably be playing a melee character.

I suppose my only real challenge is deciding whether I should be a Fighter or Paladin....
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 11:14

Depends if you want to do the tanking or damage dealing... or both. Also depends how much extra utility you want to have.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty12.03.13 11:43

I'm in the mood for being a pure damage dealer, but if my past experiences with MMOs is any indication, I'm liable to want extra utility at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online   Dungeons and Dragons Online - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons Online
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: