A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...

Go down 
+18
Alexandria1
Evedas
Jing Ming
Sir Vinson
Aodh
Mesor
William Alatin III
Arcanum
Ser Varys
Mordred
Sir Lucius
Laisha
Isabel Tenorio
Klaus Witz
Pravenstern
Sigwald
Dame Rivatha Thunion
Psychozoa
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty09.07.13 4:37

Weren't there two Wyverns too?
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty09.07.13 4:55

If you don't know for sure,go back and read to see.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty09.07.13 4:59

I did. But I'm just being sure I'm not missing anything. Wink
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty09.07.13 10:33

Lucius must be planning something dastardly with his troops!

Perhaps he'll burn half of them as a sacrifice to Astraea, who will in turn rain fire upon his enemies...
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty11.07.13 17:39

Yeah, so...everyone is pinned between a rock and a hard place.

I can only imagine that battles were literally this crazy in the medieval era.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty11.07.13 22:44

I guess all battles are this crazy when you have no real communication, and I don't think you have the time to take a look around to see what happens when there is someone coming at you witch a giant hammer....
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty11.07.13 23:20

Did I get the numbers right? One of the knights was tending the two hurt Plaguewardens, and two got downed by arrows.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 0:43

Yes, that's correct.

I really want morek to start screaming "blood for the blood god" and such, but its the wrong setting! Agh!
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 0:53

Arcanum wrote:
Yes, that's correct.

I really want morek to start screaming "blood for the blood god" and such, but its the wrong setting! Agh!
Why would that stop you? Khorne spans universes with his power!
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 1:42

Having some kind of official breakdown of casualties would be really nice actually. I know you said "count them", but that's hard to do when "a few rebels" are the figures we have to deal with. At the moment I am struggling to see the impact of my strategies, and I need that to make further decisions.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 1:45

You mean youdont just blindly make decisions? What kind of leader are you? Blasphemy!
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 1:45

Mst of the time thats right, but I need to keep up the pretense as my pension counts on it Razz
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 1:47

And do you have any idea how hard it is to keep studying in PC-Knight Academies? I swear, if I hear "not enough strategic decisions" one more time I'm going to flip.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 2:23

As far as I can tell, this is how things are at the moment-

Spoiler:

Stuff I couldnt resolve;
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com/t136p135-ic-scene-the-duke-s-wharf#5957
The Outriders released a volley into whatever targets they could find.  A few more rebels went down

They each only got through their second swing before furniture started to rain on them from the floor above.  Chairs, tables and dangerous kitchen implements plummeted from the windows smashing even more rebels on the head.  A few smaller pieces were pitched at the plaguewardens, who had just unleashed their volley at the Larian outriders.

---

https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com/t136p150-ic-scene-the-duke-s-wharf#6006
A cascade of liquid suddenly rained down from the floor above as the furniture rain finally abated.  A few of the rebels were hit.

In seconds, the scattered furniture was immolated with the fire spreading to the dry pieces and several people too slow too run away.

---

Sorry if that sounded pedantic, I just want to make sure we're all straight on the info.

Last edited by Klaus Witz on 12.07.13 2:38; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 2:25

I think that generally means that the nameless grunts are dying by the... few!

I suppose Barbarossa should react to the death of his troops and the fire denying him a body to cleave.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 2:30

Klaus, didn't you have 13 Gryphons initially? 8 of your own, and 5 from me.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 2:32

I don't believe my knights are dead, if I remember right the gm has to specifically say they are.

Kind of like how the rebel knight got a leg chopped off and laisha commented on how He would bleed out or said at the end 7 rebel knights dead or dying on the ground.

Or something to that effect. Also, 4 outriders are down 2 fell the previous post and 2 this one. Dead or injured im not sure. Not sure what's more lethal a crossbow to the chest in light armor at medium distance or a longbow at distance to the back at medium distance.

Admins, clear this up!
Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 2:38

Pravenstern - good point! edited it in.

Arcandum - and thats why we needed this post, so we can sort stuff like that out.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas

Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 3:01

Laziness for the win! I don't have to volunteer! yay.

I might make an updated map later if no one does it first.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 4:04

I'm always more specific when it comes to casualties for the players. You might not have exact numbers for Barbarossa's troops, but you'll know when your men fall. I'll have to look over Klaus' summary a bit later, but it looked (largely) correct. I don't think any player troops have died yet, though.

Which is semi-miraculous/benevolence.

Also, you're much better at mapping than I am, Nickolas. >.> You've even managed to get the maps right both times you made one.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 4:07

I still haven't posted my gear changes to morek have I? Damn.
Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 5:07

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the Dawn Knights and Lucius are effectively between the house (that he just lit) and the now burning furniture? I was about to post but didn't want to be completely wrong. Razz
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 6:04

So I just swapped the hunter out for the courser (havent had a horse anyways so didnt affect anything) crushing upgrade was removed so it just changed to heavy I think and now I have extra renown. Since I havent fought anyone could I just replace my shield with a large shield or would that break the game so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas

Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 9:17

Alrighty. I got two different maps, mainly because the scale was bothering me immensely in the first one.

The introduction of an intersection threw the entire project off, so I made completely new maps. The second map may be more to scale and accuracy as I tried to mimic the base map found here.

Pick a map to use as reference, and I'll get rid of the other one. I also copied Klaus' unit count below for reference, credit to him for keeping it updated! (with minor revisions on my part)

First Map:
Second Map:
Faction Troops:
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty12.07.13 9:26

great maps!

I'm not too sure about the Dragon either... I assume that Thane Alatin is with Lord Kilnan.

As for Sirs Alm, Wulven and Karstan.. their situation is completely dependent on Captain Barbarossa. They were mounted, but the second their surroundings will force them to continue on foot (say for instance; to enter the building) than Alm remains on horseback and joins the Radiants.

Aelos is in the rear of the rebel lines, safe from arrows but unable to bloody his sword.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...   OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon... - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC: Talk - Smoke on the Horizon...
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next